Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Please adjust Blood Pact Rage for Summoner and enmity overall with Beastmaster. Right now, IT IS NOT WORKING as intended and generate way too much hate for the Summoner. This is no joke, it renders the jobs unplayable. Do acknowledge that it is messed up, and please, no one is "saving face" by avoiding the issue at hand.
    (6)

Character
    Sargent
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Blood Pacts have always generated Enmity. Dunno how SE think otherwise. Rewind the tape prior to the update....
    Pull out Avatar, hit any mob-targetting Blood Pact prior to any action being taken on it, mob attacks you. Why? You generated Enmity on it.

Main issue I see is that avatars are losing hate too quickly due to;
    a) Not gaining as much hate
    b) The DEF update causing them to take more damage and therefore lose hate faster.

This update will do little to rectify Summoner's current issue (I'm referring solely to Summoner in this instance because I don't play BST/PUP at all and therefore do not know their current situation). What SE need to do is;
    - Decrease the amount of damage avatars recieve (increase DEF, add another Stout Servant trait) or simply increase their HP to mitigate Enmity loss
    - Either increase avatar enmity directly (Avatar: Enmity gear is not gonna cut it) or increase avatar damage (preferably the latter, the 45 second delay is ridiculous).
    (5)
    Last edited by Sargent; 04-18-2013 at 12:13 PM.
    SMN99/SAM99/DNC99/PLD99/THF99
    Summoning magic skill: 545
    Hvergelmir 90

Quote Originally Posted by Sargent View Post
    Blood Pacts have always generated Enmity. Dunno how SE think otherwise. Rewind the tape prior to the update....
    Pull out Avatar, hit any mob-targetting Blood Pact prior to any action being taken on it, mob attacks you. Why? You generated Enmity on it.
    That is not necessarily what is happening here though. An avatar can beat on it for a bit (and I don't mean 2 hits, it can be close to a dozen rounds), and for your first action against the mob since your avatar first hit it, you use a BP and it will come after you. From that point on, nearly ANY action you take puts you at risk again--regardless of how much damage your BP did.

This was NOT the case prior to these changes.
    (1)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Character
    Sargent
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by RAIST View Post
    That is not necessarily what is happening here though. An avatar can beat on it for a bit (and I don't mean 2 hits, it can be close to a dozen rounds), and for your first action against the mob since your avatar first hit it, you use a BP and it will come after you. From that point on, nearly ANY action you take puts you at risk again--regardless of how much damage your BP did.

This was NOT the case prior to these changes.
    I'm fully aware of the present situation. I've always been very enmity conscious when soloing on SMN, even to the point of prioitising Regen over Cure to restore HP since I'm used to longer solo fights back at level 75. I'm simply pointing out the fact that the activation of a Blood Pact generates some (if only a little) enmity. Contrary to;

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Blood Pacts, Retreat, and Release do not generate enmity, and as such were not included in the list.
    This is completely false, at least on the Blood Pact part. The evidence in my previous post proves that.
    (2)
    Last edited by Sargent; 04-18-2013 at 12:45 PM.
    SMN99/SAM99/DNC99/PLD99/THF99
    Summoning magic skill: 545
    Hvergelmir 90

Character
    Cabalabob
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Yeah the blood pacts not pulling enmity is the stupidest thing I've ever heard YOU CAN NOT ONLY TAKE HATE BUT AGGRO A MONSTER JUST BY ACTIVATING BP ABILITIES! Of course they generate enmity! Needs adjustments.
    (3)

Character
    Nebo
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    However, we've included ninjutsu in the scope of our adjustments due to the fact that red mages who use ninja as their support job could cause the same issues from the past to arise.
    You mean....issues like the development team stepping in and showing us how to swing by using RDM tanks to kill AV in a super helpful and informative video?

Seriously though: Why are you so scared of RDM tanking?

You've done it. You've killed them. No more pinning, no more tanking. No real enfeebling magic value, no real healing magic value, no real nuking value, no real support value, next to no melee value.

You don't have to be afraid of them any more....just....stop....hitting them.
    (9)
    Last edited by Nebo; 04-18-2013 at 01:21 PM.

Character
    Dragoonkiller
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Kicking red mage when it is down? You pay literally no attention to the job for months and months then when you need an excuse for your reasoning "BLAME ALL THE RED MAGES!"
    (3)

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I get RDM is in a pretty bad place, but even if RDM could generate a ton of enmity using spells few would use them to tank anyway, so like complaining about lowered ninjutsu enmity affecting ninja tanking, its complaining about a problem that doesn't actually exist.

The dev team does need to realize that RDM's other unique functions are really outdated at this point in the game though. Refreshing is useless because of Orison Pantaloons +2 and various refresh gear, their hybrid mage role is overshadowed by SCHs, and they have no unique enfeebles or buffs that matter.
    (3)

Character
    Vivik
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I love how clueless SE is to what exactly is wrong with SMN. I mean why pay employees to test stuff when people will pay SE to let them test it right? Here's a thought. HAVE SOMEONE GO OUT AND FIGHT A REAVE MOB ON SMN!
    (3)
    Vivik- Asura
    Do you know who you really are? Are you sure it’s really you?

Character
    Cabensis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I'm currently recording my game-play of the issues people are reporting. I will have two experiment videos once the encoding is complete.

I originally had 3 experiments to try out but I was unable to get the first experiment to go as I had recalled being the issue that many are reporting. I know you all aren't crazy, I had it happen on day one. My only thought is that SE did a ninja edit to avatar + master enmity gain on 1st summon in the traditional solo method we try since but is being quiet about it. I do not doubt it with the plentiful bugs since this expansions launch. Heck, just look back to when the "Spaghetti code" somehow made Sneak Attack only work from the front of a monster only at one time.

I also can confirm from a third party that just did Jailer of Love two days ago, that the release bug is still in the game. Jailer of love summons its minion mobs(in this case, what we call Sharks/Rays), and as they beat on the tank in the form of "Super Tanking" If a summoner "Releases" their pet within enmity generation range which many will say is 24-26 Yalms before any other action is taken on the minions, the minions(sharks/rays) will swarm the summoner and most likely, murder the summoner faster then you can type WTF Mate?!.

EDIT: In the case of Reive's and Summoners. It has been established that any claim by anyone on a monster or objective object(Rocks/Roots/Nests) sets the monsters into an alert state. Where they do not necessarily link but will link to you. You become the mobile Aggro ring, which can be kept inert with the combination of Sneak/Invisible, I am not sure if Alliance hate also persists and would bypass this tho, making Sneak/Invisible useless if applied before/after an alliance member aggros. Pets appear to be immune to this, possibly due to the fact they can't have a mobile aggro ring? Pray SE doesn't develop a way to combat this, as it is the most viable way to progress through a zone when you are stuck alone/solo on a pet job.
    (1)
    Last edited by Calintzpso; 04-18-2013 at 06:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Calintzpso View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by EVERY GM EVER View Post
    Working as intended...lol

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast