Character
    Hideka
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings everyone!

Thanks for all the feedback on enmity. Just as Producer Matsui has mentioned, we will be performing on-going adjustments to the enmity system and will start by working on laying the groundwork and the essential features.

Once the groundwork has been properly established, we’ll be working on the slightly smaller aspects and after that focus on the minute portions.

This should give you an idea of the progression we have mapped out, but let me shift into a slightly more detailed explanation.

Based on the feedback we have been seeing on the forums, for our next step we will be making adjustments to the static enmity generated from some job abilities and spells around the end of this month. (This is of course pending that there are no major issues along the way.)

With the adjustments we will be reducing the enmity generated by approximately half of the current value.

Additionally, we will be increasing the amount of enmity generated by the white magic spells Reprisal and Foil.

We will let you know the details on which job abilities and spells will be adjusted to have less enmity generation in the coming days, but I wanted to inform you of what we have planned ahead of time.
    please remove summoner pet command enmity or reduce it to the point of near nothing. im sick of stuff ignoring garudas melee just because ive used some pet commands.
    (3)

Character
    Hazankoh
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Phafi View Post
    How will the JA enmity reduction affect sentinel and other PLD JAs?
    Greetings everyone!

Based on the feedback we have been seeing on the forums, for our next step we will be making adjustments to the static enmity generated from some job abilities and spells around the end of this month. (This is of course pending that there are no major issues along the way.)
    I'd assume pld won't be.
    (0)

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    BST isn't so bad off because snarl still works, but SMN is pretty much out of luck.

They don't the niche of a super BLM because their recasts are locked unnecessarily high and since they are designed to die or be summoned/unsummoned, they don't keep hate.

SMN is literally one of the biggest stables to the FF series. They obviously need some love, please make it a priority. You are risking brand identity by letting something like SMN fall into obscurity.
    (2)
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by ManaKing View Post
    BST isn't so bad off because snarl still works, but SMN is pretty much out of luck. SMN is literally one of the biggest stables to the FF series. They obviously need some love, please make it a priority. You are risking brand identity by letting something like SMN fall into obscurity.
    Yes enmity on beast is pretty bad actually. When your charmed T mob cannot hold the hate off you, and your mob goes attacking you because you are casting regen 2, aquaveil and blink, yeah it's very bad. You can't also use snarl for charmed pet. It's obvious that SE intend BST to be able to use charm again, most mobs in SoA are very easily charmed without using much CHR gears.

The same goes to SMN, most mob in SoA will die within 3-4 BP Rage at most, but everytime you use BP Rage, mob will come after you guaranteed, even if you are doing entirely nothing but using BP Rage x 3-4 the entire fight. These recent adjustment should be reverted back, put in the test server and properly tested. We are not paying to play a beta version of SoA. And they do have test server to make sure this kind of shenanigans won't happen again.

At least they are aware that there are BIG issues - but waiting till end of the month (pending more issues, which you can guarantee will come up rather soon) to adjust this is not good. They won't even fix the SMN and BST issues, just reducing it by half, meaning the mob will come back to attack you again after 2 BP Rage...... Not very great when you want to explore new areas on your own - perhaps everyone now is required to triple box with PLD and WHM now to go anywhere in SoA areas.
    (5)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    O.o?

I get their reducing the hate from Cure V and other spells / abilities. They really need to increase the CE generation (static enmity is their term) of things like Provoke / Flash and possibly ninja spells. Currently the CE value on those abilities are so low that it renders them functionally useless for holding hate past the first 30~60s. Increase Provoke to ~1000 CE, same with Flash and reduce the hate bleed off via damage by half and there is a chance that certain job will actually tank again.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Luvbunny View Post
    Yes enmity on beast is pretty bad actually. When your charmed T mob cannot hold the hate off you, and your mob goes attacking you because you are casting regen 2, aquaveil and blink, yeah it's very bad. You can't also use snarl for charmed pet. It's obvious that SE intend BST to be able to use charm again, most mobs in SoA are very easily charmed without using much CHR gears.

The same goes to SMN, most mob in SoA will die within 3-4 BP Rage at most, but everytime you use BP Rage, mob will come after you guaranteed, even if you are doing entirely nothing but using BP Rage x 3-4 the entire fight. These recent adjustment should be reverted back, put in the test server and properly tested. We are not paying to play a beta version of SoA. And they do have test server to make sure this kind of shenanigans won't happen again.

At least they are aware that there are BIG issues - but waiting till end of the month (pending more issues, which you can guarantee will come up rather soon) to adjust this is not good. They won't even fix the SMN and BST issues, just reducing it by half, meaning the mob will come back to attack you again after 2 BP Rage...... Not very great when you want to explore new areas on your own - perhaps everyone now is required to triple box with PLD and WHM now to go anywhere in SoA areas.
    Working as intended on BST. BST is risk vs reward and cost vs benefit and always has been to one extent or another. BST is an extremely well geared job + you get a pet to work with it. When I can go in and fight with my pet I can gear to accentuate my pets performance or my performance or pick a more moderate approach. It isn't hard to make my pet the hate monger with snarl if I actually take the time to do that. If I didn't do that properly, I'd probably get beat up a lot and post on the forums about how SE ruined my luxury solo job.

The thing is, you don't have to go in with your pet. I don't personally like sending in my pet alone because I don't charm pets so that can get expensive. I'm willing to pay for the output a properly buffed jug pet will output even though it costs me money vs charming pets. My pets will always do the moves I want and will never turn on me. If you want to charm something higher level than you and put it on other terrible things, that is your decision and I will not join you in that decision because it doesn't have the same stability as jug pets. You are intentionally getting potentially higher output pets for free and complaining that they are dangerous. If you don't agree with my summary of your stance you may say as such, but if you agree with it then I don't see how you can complain.
    (1)
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    It is not working as intended when reward itself generate TONS of hate while you stand aside letting your pet melee.

It is not working as intended when your T charmed + familiar mob cannot hold hate vs another T normal mob, while you stand aside NOT meleeing.

Pretty much BST and SMN both experiencing enmity problem with their pet and avatar - very noticeable in SoA areas but not very bad at all in Abyssea (almost nothing changed much, you hardly see any difference at all).
    (0)

Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Greetings everyone!

Thanks for all the feedback on enmity. Just as Producer Matsui has mentioned, we will be performing on-going adjustments to the enmity system and will start by working on laying the groundwork and the essential features.

Once the groundwork has been properly established, we’ll be working on the slightly smaller aspects and after that focus on the minute portions.

This should give you an idea of the progression we have mapped out, but let me shift into a slightly more detailed explanation.

With the adjustments we will be reducing the enmity generated by approximately half of the current value.

Additionally, we will be increasing the amount of enmity generated by the white magic spells Reprisal and Foil.

We will let you know the details on which job abilities and spells will be adjusted to have less enmity generation in the coming days, but I wanted to inform you of what we have planned ahead of time.
    PLEASE, make sure the DEV increase the white magic spell Flash's enmity along with the spell Reprisal. And, double the enmity of the job ability Provoke. Thank you /bow

I know this sounds obvious to the players, but please like this suggestion so the DEV don't miss it
    (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard
    The reason I keep coming back to XI as opposed to other MMOs is because of the content's lastability. While it is true that many pieces are outdated with each patch, to this day there are many old pieces of gear that are still near top-tier if not the top-tier. It encourages you to explore the whole breadth of content rather than asking you to bumrush and bypass all the old content just so you can grind the newer content. This is a model used by other MMOs such as WoW, and while I don't have anything against people that enjoy this model, if I wanted to play an MMO with that model there are many, many games vast superior to XI in terms of mechanics and especially customer service that offer such a model.

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    PLEASE, make sure the DEV increase the white magic spell Flash's enmity along with the spell Reprisal. And, double the enmity of the job ability Provoke. Thank you /bow

I know this sounds obvious to the players, but please like this suggestion so the DEV don't miss it
    Doubling the enmity on provoke wont' do sh!t, they need to completely redo it.

1CE
    1800VE

It's that 1CE part that makes it utterly useless after the first 30~60s. Make it 500~1000 CE and we may have a winner.
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I think part of the intent behind provoke's design was that it'd only be used to get initial hate and pull the enemy back whenever you lost hate, which is why it takes 30 seconds for that VE to decay naturally and the ability is on a 30s recast.

I think if they want to preserve that part of the ability, maybe make the VE on Provoke able to break cap? Can also apply that to a couple other moves that only tanks have (Lunge, Shield Bash, Issekigan etc). Basically you would need to continuously use provoke if you wanted to solidify hate.
    (0)

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast