Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Hideka
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaleth View Post
    I'm sure it's just going to be Greatswords.

You may be on to something, though. They released a slew of Hexaguns just for COR. They might add a line of "Runeblades" for flavor.
    i hope that this is the case, even if hexaguns were a total joke.... things should have all had native multi shot.
    (1)

Character
    Toadie
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    The visible melee weapon on the Geomancer in all the Adoulin pictures is indeed a rather phallic club. Seriously, you will never un-see the Freudian imagery now that I've mentioned it.
    omg... my EYES!

In all seriousness though, it does make sense that the bells are used in a similar fashion as the BRD instruments. I wonder however if this means the bells will turn out to be an inventory nightmare like the instraments can be - depending on whether you have the relic/empy for your BRD.

Edit: A Great Sword class just for Rune Fencer would be cool - especially if they had a very unique skin to define the class of weapon.
    (0)
    Last edited by Toadie-Odie; 03-03-2013 at 08:13 AM.
    Each person is an individual being, capable of independent thought and unique emotion, deserving respect, dignity, and compassion in all things, at all times, and in all places.

To do anything else denies the self of its humanity.

Character
    Horadrim
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by hideka View Post
    they just did it for geomancers.... i dont see why they wouldnt for RFN.....
    Based on the video, the bell only appears in their casting animations.

Quote Originally Posted by hideka View Post
    i hope that this is the case, even if hexaguns were a total joke.... things should have all had native multi shot.
    I don't want to have leveled PLD and capped my G.Sword merits for nothing...
    (0)

Character
    Hesper
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Horadrim View Post
    Based on the video, the bell only appears in their casting animations.

I don't want to have leveled PLD and capped my G.Sword merits for nothing...
    According to what I have read and figured out from watching the videos is that the GEO Bells is going to be like BRD Instruments (Get ready for Inventory -X for those of you who want to play GEO) so carried in the Ranged slot. As for the RUN the weapon is the Great Sword but from the posts in the forums it looks like some players would like a new sub class for great swords (Example: Claymore and Great Sword are sub classes of the Great Sword) in the form of the a Rune Blade. As for your merits in Great Sword Horadrim you are good for RUN.
    (0)

Character
    Horadrim
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nureus View Post
    According to what I have read and figured out from watching the videos is that the GEO Bells is going to be like BRD Instruments (Get ready for Inventory -X for those of you who want to play GEO) so carried in the Ranged slot. As for the RUN the weapon is the Great Sword but from the posts in the forums it looks like some players would like a new sub class for great swords (Example: Claymore and Great Sword are sub classes of the Great Sword) in the form of the a Rune Blade. As for your merits in Great Sword Horadrim you are good for RUN.
    Yeah, I know. The idea of Rune Blade being like its own classification (like Great Katana) was my concern. Guess I misread the title when I thought about it.
    (0)

Character
    Hesper
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Well the OP was about a new weapon type but that was shot down in the start of the post and changed to maybe being a sub class of Great Sword.
    (0)

Character
    Ordoric
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    runeblade yeah sounds like a sub class, like the hexagun, or the curved blade
    (0)
    I think players are broken
    90 whm 90 blm 87 sch 79 drk 75 pld 75 smn 68 sam.

Character
    Lordsquall
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaall View Post
    Might be an offhand that just doesn't get used only held. Seems likely considering, like you say, the bell seems to be a casting aid rather than weapon.
    even tho it is not rune fencer related, the community team who did the stream said the bell goes into the range slot like bard instruments
    (0)

You know i had to check to make sure this thread wasn't super old... Cause a lot of speculation going on here is already confirmed.

Bells are a Ranged/Ammo item, similar to instruments. They cast with them, but are not their primary weapon. This was shown many a time in the JP and NA videos :x.

However, as far as RuneBlade goes, It could simply become another class of greatsword. You know, we have ZWEIHANDERZ or whatever, Blades (Long boring ones), Algol-type, etc... "Runeblade" could be a RUN Specific Great Sword type. I can't imagine that'd be overwhelmingly difficult to program in...

to give more examples

Daggers:
    Dagger
    Knife
    Jambiya
    Harpe

Sword:
    Scimitar
    Blade
    Sword
    Degen/fleuret

Axe:
    Tabar
    Axe(Double)
    Axe(Single)

Club:
    Hammer
    Club
    Wand

so on, so forth... Basically, adding a new type/class of greatsword that fits the RUN job would be far more likely than a whole new weapon type.
    (0)

Character
    Horadrim
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    You know i had to check to make sure this thread wasn't super old... Cause a lot of speculation going on here is already confirmed.

Bells are a Ranged/Ammo item, similar to instruments. They cast with them, but are not their primary weapon. This was shown many a time in the JP and NA videos :x.

However, as far as RuneBlade goes, It could simply become another class of greatsword. You know, we have ZWEIHANDERZ or whatever, Blades (Long boring ones), Algol-type, etc... "Runeblade" could be a RUN Specific Great Sword type. I can't imagine that'd be overwhelmingly difficult to program in...
    It wouldn't, and that's like how its going to be.

That's kind of why no one's really posted here in a while -- unspoken agreement.
    (0)
    Somewhere in space... this could be happening right now.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast