Character
    Longstreet
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 15

New player on Shiva

I've been playing a lot of MMORPGs on and off, but being a big FF fan, I couldn't resist finally buying FFXI and trying it out.

So, any tips or some good information that could be useful for a new guy? I'm aware of various wiki's en info-websites and I've been using them whilst questing/grinding.
    (0)

Bahamut is much better for new people than Shiva, which tends to be a little snobby to lowbies (I speak from experience).

Best thing to do is find yourself a linkshell that helps new people and once you have that, you should be set to go for a while.
    (0)
    As I stand looking out from my mog house window, I reminisce about the old days and the many ups and downs of my adventures throughout Vana'diel.

It is then that I know achievement.

Character
    Shadownight
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 90

server

Which server is most popular overall, cause there is pretty much no one on valefor. Looking where i shoud move too
    (0)

Character
    Kajikuro
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    GroundZero is a good LS for newer players on Shiva i think. Im kinda new to Shiva as well so im not sure.
    (0)

Character
    Weiko
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Leviathan has some amount of new people and if you happen to hop on there send me a tell and ill see about that linkshell
    (0)

Character
    Kefkaru
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 15
    I have a character on the Shiva Server! Look me up, I need more friends, lol.

EDIT: In case jobs matter, I am a 15 War > 12 Whm > 11 Mnk so far. I don't quite know which advanced job I'll be going for yet so I've decided to level all starting jobs to 30ish for now.
    (0)
    Last edited by RealmReborn; 03-23-2013 at 12:06 AM.