Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player

Changes to the Divas of Vana'diel (V2.0)

Hello everyone I wanted to share some ideas that I think would be great to improve the dancer job, as well as introduce new concepts and ideas that could make the job even better than it is now.

Sambas

1. Aspir Samba III is introduced at level 75
    2. Haste Samba II is introduced at level 90 (10% haste without merit) (15% haste with max merit)

Waltzes

1. Divine Waltz I-II are removed from the waltz category
    2. Curing Waltz II TP cost is reduced to 30 TP
    3. Curing Waltz III TP cost is reduced to 40 TP
    4. Curing Waltz IV TP cost is reduced to 50 TP
    5. Curing Waltz V TP cost is reduced to 60 TP

Steps

1. Feather Step is lowered to level 60
    2. Obtuse Step is introduced at level 70 (Increases the enemy casting and recast time for spells)
    3. Anemic Step is introduced at level 80 (Decreases the TP gained by the enemy from your party attacks)

Jigs

1. Chocobo Jig is lowered to level 50
    2. Renewal Jig is introduced at level 75 (Revives the selected target) (Reset jigs: 10 minutes)

Flourishes I

1. Shatter Flourish is introduced at level 40 (Dispels an effect off the enemy.)
    2. Crippling Flourish is introduced at level 50 (Paralyzes the enemy, effect determined by FM.)

Flourishes II

1. Empowerment Flourish is introduced at level 70 (Transfers some of your TP to a party member, effect determined by FM.)

Tangos

Tangos are area of effect dances that provide the effect to all party members within range; however, tangos are very expensive and provide a lot of agro. The tango dance is gained at level 30.
    1. Divine Tango is introduced at level 30 (Heals party members within area of effect.) (TP: 50%)
    2. Divine Tango II is introduced at level 60 (Heals party members within area of effect.) (TP: 100%)
    3. Divine Tango III is introduced at level 90 (Heals party members within area of effect.) (TP: 150%)
    4. Mana Tango is introduced at level 40 (Recovers party members MP within area of effect.) (TP: 100%)
    5. Mana Tango II is introduced at level 80 (Recovers party members MP within area of effect.) (TP: 200%)

New Traits
    1. Auto Regain is introduced at level 25 (Raises your TP by 1 every tick)
    2. Auto Regain II is introduced at level 90 (Raises your TP by 2 every tick)
    (2)
    Last edited by Brightshadow; 03-10-2013 at 12:46 PM. Reason: Redesign and Organized the thread

Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    And you don't think that's overpowered?...

Shatter Step could be neat if it was a flourish instead.

The only Adjustment/Suggestion I could see for DNC that wouldn't push it into "overpowered we must nerf it somehow" realm would be giving Healing Waltz it's own timer.
    (0)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Most of these aren't new ideas really, just new names for things we've been asking for forever. That said, if they all were implemented it would more than double our current number of JAs.

It's more realistic to ask SE for adjustments to the abilities we already have than to ask for the creation of another job worth of abilities.
    (1)

Character
    Erila
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightshadow View Post
    Hello everyone I wanted to share some ideas that I have for the dancer job that I believe would make it much better hope you guys enjoy and click like, if you don't just leave your feedback why.
    I think this deservers a detailed answer at least. Since you made the effort to write it up.

Adjustments

1.) The TP cost for all Curing Waltz is reduced by 50%.
    2.) The Divine Waltz are moved to a new dance category named "Tangos".
    3.) Aspir Samba I-II now create MP per hit instead of draining the enemy MP.
    4.) The TP cost for all steps is reduced to 5 TP.
    5.) The level of Curing Waltz V is adjusted to 80.
    6.) The level of Feather Step is adjusted to 80.
    7.) The level of Striking Flourish is adjusted to 85.
    8.) The level of Ternary Flourish is adjusted to 90.
    9.) Dancers now gain Auto-Regain at level 25, and a second tier at level 75
    1.) I feel that would overpower all lower Tier waltzes CW 2 in essence.
    I mean seriously, i can count the times where i couldn't use a Walts due to tp limitation on 2 Hands.
    And most of those happend in fights in which i wasnt meeleing straigth.

2.)Here i would have understood if you said Healing Waltz.
    Devine are to create massive enmity and Tank in my Book.
    If your maintanking i figure you'll get support anyway?

3.) Wouldn't change their somewhat limited uses since in which fight did you want you mages to meele?

4.) This now is intresting, its in the line of asking for a store tp trait as Dnc main, (Weak one
    I doubt this could happen, since it would up Dnc's Dammage Output.

5./6./7.8) I don't see any benefits at all.

9.) I could see this happen as in, if your not engaged.
    However i can't see it if you are engaged.
    Unless you talk about a Stance that resticts WS.

New Sambas

1.) Power Samba (Level 40) (Allows your party to drain the target TP.)
    2.) Piercing Samba (Level 50) (Increases the party accuracy per successful hit.)
    3.) Saber Samba (Level 55) (Increases the party attack per successful hit.)
    4.) Evasive Samba (Level 70) (Increases the party evasion per successful hit.)
    5.) Power Samba II (Level 75) (Allows your party to drain the target TP.)
    6.) Aspir Samba III (Level 80) (Allows your party to drain the target MP.)
    7.) Piercing Samba II (Level 85) (Increases the party accuracy per successful hit.)
    8.) Evasive Samba II (Level 90) (Increases the party accuracy per successful hit.)
    9.) Saber Samba II (Level 95) (Increases the party attack per successful hit.)
    10.) Haste Samba II (Level 99) (Increases the party speed per successful hit.)

New Waltz

1.) Mana Waltz (Level 20) (Recovers the party member MP.)
    2.) Mana Waltz II (Level 40) (Recovers the party member MP.)
    3.) Mana Waltz III (Level 60) (Recovers the party member MP.)
    4.) Mana Waltz IV (Level 80) (Recovers the party member MP.)
    5.) Mana Waltz V (Level 99) (Recovers the party member MP.)
    Mana Waltzes seem intesting!

All the Sambas except Haste Samba 2 are stealing a Bards Job, while dealing decent dammage yourself.
    May i remind you you of 'Balance'?

New Steps

1.) Shatter Step (Level 50) (Dispels one effect from the target.)

New Jigs

1.) Revival Jig (Level 75) (Revives the selected target)

Tangos

Tangos are a new dance category for area of effect dances.

1.) Divine Tango (Level 25) (Reformat of Divine Waltz)
    2.) Divine Tango II (Level 50) (Reformat of Divine Waltz II)
    3.) Divine Tango III (Level 90)
    4.) Soul Tango (Level 50) (AOE Mana Waltz)
    5.) Soul Tango II (Level 95) (AOE Mana Waltz)
    6.) Furious Tango (Level 75) (Increases the party members TP.)
    Steps
    1. If Dnc would get a Dispel, it would be a flourish.
    Most likely a Category 2 Flourish with 1 Min recast to mess reverse up.....
    That would be what i expect of SE....

Jigs
    1.) Dont want it, and i don't think Dnc needs it.

I feel all the rest is widely overpowered sorry.
    (0)
    Last edited by Eri; 02-18-2013 at 11:50 PM.
    Odin Server

lv119 DNC ~ 119 SAM ~ 119 More that i dont use.
    Gute Mädchen kommen in den Himmel ! Böse Mädchen kommen überall hin !!

Player
    Updated the thread hope you guys like the changes.
    (0)

Character
    Trumpy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    If Dnc got a raise i dont see it being a Jig. Jigs are tp free. a raise couldnt be tp free unless it had an insane recast maybe cause it would be too powerful for raising after a wipe.
    (0)

Player
    When it used it resets your jigs recast time to 10 minutes, its a situational jig that should only be used if your main healer has died in battle.
    (0)

Player
    Be better off as a waltz that costs 100TP with a 30 second recast.
    (0)

Hello everyone I wanted to share some ideas that I think would be great to improve the dancer job, as well as introduce new concepts and ideas that could make the job even better than it is now.

Sambas

1. Aspir Samba III is introduced at level 75
    2. Haste Samba II is introduced at level 90 (10% haste without merit) (15% haste with max merit)

Waltzes

1. Divine Waltz I-II are removed from the waltz category
    2. Curing Waltz II TP cost is reduced to 30 TP
    3. Curing Waltz III TP cost is reduced to 40 TP
    4. Curing Waltz IV TP cost is reduced to 50 TP
    5. Curing Waltz V TP cost is reduced to 60 TP

Steps

1. Feather Step is lowered to level 60
    2. Obtuse Step is introduced at level 70 (Increases the enemy casting and recast time for spells)
    3. Anemic Step is introduced at level 80 (Decreases the TP gained by the enemy from your party attacks)

Jigs

1. Chocobo Jig is lowered to level 50
    2. Renewal Jig is introduced at level 75 (Revives the selected target) (Reset jigs: 10 minutes)

Flourishes I

1. Shatter Flourish is introduced at level 40 (Dispels an effect off the enemy.)
    2. Crippling Flourish is introduced at level 50 (Paralyzes the enemy, effect determined by FM.)

Flourishes II

1. Empowerment Flourish is introduced at level 70 (Transfers some of your TP to a party member, effect determined by FM.)

Tangos

Tangos are area of effect dances that provide the effect to all party members within range; however, tangos are very expensive and provide a lot of agro. The tango dance is gained at level 30.
    1. Divine Tango is introduced at level 30 (Heals party members within area of effect.) (TP: 50%)
    2. Divine Tango II is introduced at level 60 (Heals party members within area of effect.) (TP: 100%)
    3. Divine Tango III is introduced at level 90 (Heals party members within area of effect.) (TP: 150%)
    4. Mana Tango is introduced at level 40 (Recovers party members MP within area of effect.) (TP: 100%)
    5. Mana Tango II is introduced at level 80 (Recovers party members MP within area of effect.) (TP: 200%)

New Traits
    1. Auto Regain is introduced at level 25 (Raises your TP by 1 every tick)
    2. Auto Regain II is introduced at level 90 (Raises your TP by 2 every tick)
    I'm hesitant to allow Auto-Regain below level 50--a SAM could draw too much of the wrong kind of Developer attention with that.

Tangos would be nice since it would not step on WHMs' toes too often. Besides, Divine Waltzes are rarely used andcould stand to be replaced.

Shatter Flourish would be a very welcome addition for every job that uses /DNC.

I'm not very sure about Obtuse Step. As Steps are wont to miss at the most inopportune times, I'd want that to have a reasonably short recast time or a very good accuracy rate.

Good ideas all around, though.
    (0)
    Hayward: Cerberus-San d'Oria

5/5 +1: Cirque [4/5], Tantra [4/5], Ferine [4/5], Estoqueur's [1/5], Sylvan, Navarch's [1/5], Savant's, Orison [1/5], Charis [2/5]

5/5 +2: Creed, Caller's, Unkai, Iga, Raider's, Lancer's, Mavi, Ravager's, Goetia, Bale, Aoidos'

Quote Originally Posted by Zagen View Post
    And you don't think that's overpowered?...

Shatter Step could be neat if it was a flourish instead.

The only Adjustment/Suggestion I could see for DNC that wouldn't push it into "overpowered we must nerf it somehow" realm would be giving Healing Waltz it's own timer.
    pretty much this. I worry about ANY improvement requests since SE seems to be swinging the nerf bat lately, not the buff bat.

Also, the poster about the below 50 is absolutely right, any buff that takes place below 50 is just to make a different job stronger, it does nothing for Dnc mains desirability. And it would really suck for us to be nerfed because of being a useful sub.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast