Thread: Update?

Character
    Linku
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99

Update?

Greetings fellow Warriors. I've been wondering, what do you want from the next update?

Myself, I'd like a way to nullify damage received. We can do great damage, but can't take many hits compared to almost every other job.
    (0)
    Last edited by Linku; 03-08-2011 at 05:12 PM.

Character
    Cloudxz
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Honestly, I think we have enough as it is, but a defensive stance would be nice. Defender just doesn't cut it.
    (0)

I agree. We should receive some type of Yonin effect for our defensive capabilities.

What do you all think?
    (0)

Character
    Orsondara
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    I just really want DA II, lol. SE can just boost other jobs a long with us.

In seriousness though I'd say War has been very good for very long sure we're not the greatest tank but a good War with a good healer can pretty much tank anything. A defensive stance would probably gimp are damage so then we'd have trouble holding hate so I'm not sure that's really worth while.
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Defensive capabilities wouldn't be too much to ask for, considering WAR was designed as a Jack of all trades. However, in its current state it is overpowered, which I think was not how the dev team intended it to be. In fact, I believe they didn't anticipate the RR Atma to be that much of a change to the modern DD world, which is also what gives WAR its new found power, combined with their high double attack, both from trait and merits as well as with their new gear (AF3, Ravager's Gorget, Atheling Mantle, etc.), which allows for more critical hits, their critical hit rate increase on their AF3, their critical attack bonus as a trait and lastly their 2hr, which profits greatly from RR's critical damage increase. And the relevant gear for that can still be worn while maintaining the haste cap. Now if you look at Retaliation, which can also crit and benefits from all other status effects, and gives additional TP for one of the most powerful critical hit weapon skills, that all benefits from both the critical hit rate and damage.

I'm not saying that's all there is to it, but I do believe the currently available Atmas push WAR a good deal beyond the borders that the job was intended for.

Anyways, defensive capabilities are certainly lacking, defender doesn't do much for it, Retaliation doesn't mitigate the own damage taken just uses it to deal extra damage to the enemy (which, to be honest, sounds more like a DRK trait). The reason WAR can tank in abyssea is because every job that can keep hate can tank in abyssea, just depends on what. Sure, some NMs actually require trying to stay alive, most however don't. The high HP pool and virtually limitless MP available for curing, only require the tank to keep hate, which isn't a problem for most jobs anymore, least of all for WAR.
    (0)

Character
    Kingfury
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    Defensive capabilities wouldn't be too much to ask for, considering WAR was designed as a Jack of all trades. However, in its current state it is overpowered, which I think was not how the dev team intended it to be.
    Ughh, I'll deal with this part 1st then get to the thread topic lol. What in the world are you talkin about lol? Assuming that you're referring to Abyssea dmg (which I think you are), SE absolutely designed the place to be a "God Mode" for ALL dmg types (melee, Ranged, Magic, etc). I pray that I don't keep running into these noobish post from folks whinning about how "overpowered WAR is" in Abyssea of all places, cause it's gonna get on my nerves quick. Think about it... a WHM in Abyssea can out dmg a non-Abyssea WAR with very little effort with the proper Atma/Stat Bonuses set up. Abyssea was DESIGNED to make players feel like Gods...(Not to spoil the story line for new players, but that's one of the major points in the whole story plot behind Abyssea >< lol ) Just learn how to properly play in Abyssea and you'll be singing a new "Look how Godly I am" song in no time.

On to the thread topic There's a host of new JA/Job Traits I would love to see with the new update for WAR, and Defensive updates would definitely be apart of those. I'll be posting a thread soon in regards to my wish list, but I can give a quick run-down of how I would luv the new DEF JA to work:
    Job Ability Name: "Adrenalin Rush"
    Recast: 1 min
    Duration: 1 min
    Description: Creates a Stoneskin-like effect while rapidly Regening HP. Defender enhances effect.
    Detailed Description: The Stoneskin-like effect would nullify 350 dmg from both melee and magic. The rapid Regen would equal the same amount of 350 HP. Using Defender after Adrenalin Rush would increase both values to 450. This JA would generate the same Enmity as the spell Flash.
    **Notes: Why the "Stoneskin-like" effect? Well think of how Adrenalin in Real life works for a sec. If you were to get a sudden boost of Adrenalin while fighting (from like a shot or something), you wouldn't feel the pain from hits nearly as much and you would feel a sudden "rush" of energy making you eager to fight with more vigor. The "Feeling less pain" would explain the "Stoneskin-like" portion, and the sudden "Rush" or energy portion would then explain the "rapid Regening" of HP.**
    ------------------
    I don't think this would upset game balance since high lvl mobs that hit for 200-300 dmg would still be able to rape a player without the proper healing support/sub job and gear. This would just greatly improve a WARs ability to stay on the front lines and actually tank like they were suppose to with JAs and not just massive amounts of Cure support.
    (0)
    Last edited by kingfury; 03-09-2011 at 01:02 AM. Reason: changed "Absorb" 350 dmg to "Nullify 350 dmg"

Character
    Gamiina
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 90
    interesting for sure. but in a way your gaining 700 hp every minute. the stoneskin is 350 plus 350 regen.

also 350 hp per minute when not even in combat.

the idea is very good but i think the regen is too high. I like the stoneskin thing though.
    (0)

@90: Drk/War/Sam/Dnc/Thf/Nin/Rng/Rdm/Blm/Whm/Brd

Character
    Kingfury
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Sorry if didn't explain it clearly enough ^^; but nah, you would only be Regening 350 HP each time the JA is used. I mean "absorbs" 350 dmg in terms of how Stoneskin works on the back side of things (which is where I think the miscommunication is lol ). The stoneskin effect wouldn't restore 350 HP, it would just nullify up to 350 dmg (sort of like a sponge, which is why I used the word "absorb", but I see how that can be misread).
    -------
    In terms of "too much" HP Regen, I'd say cross reference how a PLD is set up for tanking. They don't have limitless MP but they have both JAs and MP to sustain themselves without support (at least for a good chunk of time). A PLD with even +2 refresh in the duration of 1 minute, both in and outside battle, can restore enough HP to take care of themselves without begging for Cure support. Regening 350 HP every minute would not replace a good Cure 4-5 but it would help greatly without breaking game balance. 700 HP/2mins sounds like a good place to start
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by kingfury View Post
    bla
    I knew I'd run into the first flame post on the very first day, I just knew it. I should have bet money on it.

I said WAR is overpowered in terms of how its role in the game was designed. WAR was designed to be able to attack as well as defend (Defense Bonus as a job trait, Defender and Fencer as job abilities, WAR AF which is higher DEF, HP, VIT and Enmity than PLD AF, etc.). And right now, its role is not that of a tank, or any kind of defensive class. That's all I said, the rest you just read into it. This includes the "whining about it" part, which makes no sense at all considering WAR is my main job. Why would I whine about it being overpowered?
    (0)

Character
    Kingfury
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    lol well I wouldn't call it a flame so much as just a stiff correction
    -------
    Okay, you said, "I'm not saying that's all there is to it, but I do believe the currently available Atmas push WAR a good deal beyond the borders that the job was intended for."
    -------
    Like I said in my post, you're referring to WARs "INSIDE ABYSSEA". My reply to your post is directly in line with your comment above, since ANY job in ABYSSEA can ascend far past the boundaries of what is set for our job roles in our non-God-like lives in non-Abyssea zones. In other words, SE wanted EVERYONE to feel over powered while inside Abyssea, and be able to CHOOSE what type of play style we wanted upon entry with the use of Atmas. Get it? Meaning every job in the game can alter it's intended non-Abyssean job role while inside. It's apart of the story line man lol. So to just reiterate, it's impossible for any job to be wrongly viewed as "Over powered" inside Abyssea, including WAR, since that's what the zones were DESIGNED for my friend. I mean we have access to Brews fer goodness sake lol
    --------
    So no flame, just tired of hearing folks trying to auto-correct what SE designed to be a wonderful wet dream zone for us to enjoy lol.
    ----
    lol I sound like Mojo Jojo ><
    (1)
    Last edited by kingfury; 03-09-2011 at 01:53 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast