Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Well, aside from the suggestions here, you could level up WHM, BRD, or BLM. Those seem to get a pass on the equipment front.
    (0)

For WHM, you're still expected to have good gear, it's just that RME isn't part of the good gear when it comes to WHM's main role.
    (1)

Character
    Avidon
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    My drk uses a oat gs and i out damage all other melee's. i tank all the time whether i want to or not. And i cant keep up with the tp. Before im done woth my current ws, i have 100% tp ready for use. That is if you have haste and last resort up.

The only down fall is no access to a aftermath, but over time you do wayyyy more dmg than the majority. If like i mentioned before, you have those right conditions. I am very happy with that weapon.
    (0)

Character
    Shidoshii
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel
    The Kano is a "it depends" situation. 99 Kano will put out really big shoha's but doesn't have access to Fudo which has higher fTP. Shoha has an attack bonus which becomes useless once your packing six to eight songs with chaos and fighters. So really a 90 Masa and 99 Kano are about even depending on the fight and buffs. 95+ Masa beats 99 Kano and 99 Amano beats the 99 Kano.
    Actually when I'm buffed that high, I switch to polearm and spam Stardiver (which parses surprisingly well, thanks to TP bonus moonshade, correct gorget and belt + overwhelm). Except the few situations, such as Legion, where acc. matters (but I've heard Namas spam with an occ. atk 2-4 GK is pretty powerful in Legion as well). But back to my point, my rule of thumb is: low buffs = Kanto, high buffs = Stardiver. I don't really see where Masa fits in for me.
    (0)
    Last edited by Fermion; 02-28-2013 at 07:33 AM.

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Fermion View Post
    Actually when I'm buffed that high, I switch to polearm and spam Stardiver (which parses surprisingly well, thanks to TP bonus moonshade, correct gorget and belt + overwhelm). Except the few situations, such as Legion, where acc. matters (but I've heard Namas spam with an occ. atk 2-4 GK is pretty powerful in Legion as well). But back to my point, my rule of thumb is: low buffs = Kanto, high buffs = Stardiver. I don't really see where Masa fits in for me.
    Yes SD + Draca is the other option for super buffed scenarios. I was merely using the most common GKT's for comparison between the big weapons.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Character
    Shidoshii
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Yes SD + Draca is the other option for super buffed scenarios. I was merely using the most common GKT's for comparison between the big weapons.
    I agree with what you said earlier. I was just using your quote as a jumping off point to share my own experiences.

But honestly OP, just make sure you macro your temps and pay attention to proc calls. If you can do that, eat food (YCB at least, preferably RCB) and have decent gear, you're already a benefit to any alliance you're in for VW.
    (1)

Character
    Zirael
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishyface View Post
    Long story short im looking for a DD that i can either buy a wep or work on a magian wep for and still do decent damage in voidwatch

E/R/M for me and my situation are nearly impossible for 3 reasons

1) I have not decided on a main job yet so working on one only to switch my main the next week would be foolish.

2) I have 1, and only 1, other person i can rely on for my emp. I do not have an ls or any group of friends that i can rely on to help me with this.

3) I will not pay someone to merc my drops for me. Ive been screwed out of many other items because people split when its your time to get stuff, so im not gonna lose money over it as well.

All job suggestions and weps are welcome. No job is offlimits as im kind of neutral about all jobs.
    I'd say you should level BRD or WHM or BLU (procs) and go as support, because chances are, you'd be taking DD slot from people with R/E/M weapons and other relevant gear. You'd do more good by curing/singing/hasting. If/when you get a job you like geared sufficiently to your liking you can go DD on that. You can also try go as whatever job you like playing, as long as you got all weapon skills and it isn't Provenance Watcher or Botulus Rex, you'll be fine.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    The Developer smiled and replied, "During the worst times, I was riding on your back and whipping you with a stick and laughing."
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    [...]-Dipper Yuly, Faithful Falcorr
    ※These pets will have a base of Treasure Hunter I, but by using equipment that has “Pet: Treasure Hunter +” the effect will become stronger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    [...] There was no promise to create gear that would counter the reduction of treasure hunter on beastmaster pets Dipper Yuly and Faithful Falcorr.

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishyface View Post
    Lots of insightful posts here thank you! Ive scoured ffxiah for these kind of answers and it seems to be high treason over there to suggest anything but e/r/m ONRY.
    Pretty sure if you ask on FFXIAH they'd tell you about OAT GS and TP bonus GK, both weapons are mentioned on AH over and over again. There are DD jobs that just needs R/E/M to perform well, such as WAR BLU MNK, and SAM DRK happened to be DD jobs that can get away with other options because their powerful merit WS.
    (0)

Character
    Ferney
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    what about WoE weapons,there not good enuff?
    (0)

Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by fernando View Post
    what about WoE weapons,there not good enuff?
    Most people are not awesome enough to traverse the Echoes, but from what I've seen of your Almace vs. Brunello, Bruno's not too bad for WS numbers, it just lacks the Dex mod and Aftermath effect. But really I think the solution to the problem of joining shout groups is to not join shout groups and make your own instead. Random people are jerks.
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast