Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player

Steam version update - game no longer works

I logged into Steam today to find that a 4.8GB update to the Ultimate Collection Abyssea Edition needed to be downloaded and installed in order to play the game. So I downloaded it and waited for it to install.

After booting the game, my account had been deleted from the computer. I put all my details back in and proceeded to launch the game. For some reason there's no option to use my one-time password, though.

I received some errors on the POL screen about not being able to load my friends list or POL mail. After clicking the link to start FFXI, the client went into full screen mode, the screen froze and the game crashed. This has happened multiple times.

To sum it up:

14/02/13
    -4.8GB Steam update for Final Fantasy XI: Ultimate Collection - Abyssea Edition
    -Update deleted account details from POL client
    - Account details entered into client again, but with no option to use my one-time password
    -Can't connect properly to friends list or mail server
    -Game crashes upon going into fullscreen mode

I never had any of these issues before the update. Please help.

Thanks.
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Did you try a file check? From the POL start screen, try it on the POL Viewer first, then on FFXI.
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Reddfield
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    The exact same thing has just happened to me. At first my password also wasn't recognised so I had to change that on the account management part of the site. Now I have the same issue, can log into the viewer but get an 'POL-5132' error, problems with mail/contacts and crashes to desktop when I try to play it.

Strangely it started with the game crashing to desktop with a 'server error' followed by an automatic 'update' through Steam.

EDIT: I have also tried the file check from the viewer, no errors found there.
    (0)
    Last edited by Redfield; 02-15-2013 at 11:42 AM. Reason: Adding information

Character
    Greenie
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    game worked fine yesterday, this morning come to log on and pol just didn't load. i got no error codes nothing it just hung on start up. now i check steam and its downloading this 4.8 gb update..... nothing will work i have tried to stop it/pause it and start pol, tried force close pol so its not running and pol still wont load up... i am hoping to god its not d/l the full game again and then i have to sit and down load 10 hours of chuffing update files for full install.....

i am just letting steam finish this install since there seems to be nothing else i can do
    (0)

Character
    Sahid
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 41
    The game seems to load ok for me except that there is a black overlay called PlayonlineEU when I mouse over the window in my task bar. I wasable to log in to the game by keeping the mouse pointer over the second window that was the FFXI game itself but when I zoned in I was in my mog house but it was just a tile floor with now walls that seem to go on for ever.
    (0)

Character
    Greenie
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    games updated and all passwords saved all working ok come to log in and have same issue as above, in my mog house with a checkered floor can highlight myself my moogle and a invisible door out but i cannot mover char, pull menus, type, exit or interact with moogle had to force close.

checked pol files 22 borked files which now fixed running file check on actual game now.. takes a while so will report back

...... 1430 files found borked in ffxi -.- thank you steam for a enjoyable morning.. fixing/updating now will see how this goes.
    (0)
    Last edited by Greenie; 02-15-2013 at 07:08 PM.

Character
    Reddfield
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I tried another file check thismorning, and I also got the result of 1430 corrupt files. Attempting to repair them however results in a POL-1158 error message and I cannot download files.

I guess I'll just have to try a full re-install :c
    (0)

Character
    Reddfield
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Another update - deleted local content through Steam and tried to re-install. Re-installed the and updated the viewer, then when trying to log in my password is again incorrect. Changed it AGAIN through account management and it's STILL not registering (also giving different error messages at different times). So I cannot even log into PlayOnline now.

What the HELL is wrong with this? I tried contacting SE support about ten hours ago and no response.
    (0)

Character
    Sahid
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 41
    Lucky for me it worked after the file error check/repairs. I hope you get yours to work, Redfield
    (0)

Character
    Yuuda
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    THF Lv 80
    I'm also encountering the same problem. I'm currently trying to check the files of my FFXI, i already did the same with my POL but no luck with any corrupted files.
    (0)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast