Character
    Alcholic
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 90

Dear Square Enix, make Limbus an instanced zone.

so yeah, my linkshell planned to farm limbus for the chips to do omega, once we arrived, NW apollyon was occupied by a BST that slowly solo'd the entire zone at a slug's pace... and held us up waiting and waitng.
    we ended up yelling at the guy to HURRY THE HECK up. then another group arrived and we ended up having to compete against them when they proved to be uncooperative over who to enter the zone... a general pain in the butt.

so, Square Enix, please make the whole thing instanced.
    (13)
    Last edited by Alcholic; 02-15-2013 at 07:13 AM.

Character
    Teraniku
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Or at least make it a zone free for all, like Neo-Dynamis
    (3)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Teraniku View Post
    Or at least make it a zone free for all, like Neo-Dynamis
    That wouldn't work in an event like Limbus unless they seriously reworked it, because of the conditional floor progression on treasure chest mechanics. I'd like the suggested instances as well.
    (8)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

I have to agree! 1 person being able to lock down a zone preventing 6+ from being able to do something is a down right stupid.

Or being able to reserve the zone from Jeuno like the one type of PVP.
    (0)
    Last edited by kewitt; 02-17-2013 at 03:49 PM.

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Yeah I did a duo on Apollyon SE with another BST yesterday and it sucked waiting 45 minutes for the other group to get out. I hate to think that we also held anyone up, but hey, I needed my Ancient Brass. Like the Besieged leaders thing, I think this is another area that is suffering because of the level cap increase. In the olden days, I'd go to do Limbus with my linkshell, and we'd have to wait sometimes sure. But because you usually required larger groups, there was a lesser chance of someone swooping in and locking you out.

One thing they could do is leave it sorta as-is, but instead of a limit of one group per zone, make it 3 or 4 or 5 groups per zone. Don't BCNM battlefields work much the same way?
    (0)

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I don't mean to be a downer, but:
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    Happy Friday everyone!

I have some more information on the Limbus renewal I’d like to share:

• Any plans for area instancing?
    Changing the non-instanced Limbus after the fact to be instanced would require large changes to the entry area and the process as well as the possibility that it affects other instanced content, so considering these aspects it is not something we can easily do.

As an alternative direction for congestion, we are making it so that every participant will receive the key item when clearing route 1. This removes the need to repeat runs over and over to get everyone this key item and makes it easier for players to get together and challenge the content.

• Why are metal chips included in the participation requirements?
    This is basically a continuation of the regular Limbus progression flow, receiving ancient beast coins as well as various chips, and using these to progress to the higher tier version of the content.

If we were to eliminate this process, it would definitely become easy to access the higher tier route, but congestion would become an issue. Based on this idea we have set the rewards and would like to maintain the current metal chip requirement.

Instead, we plan on making adjustments to go along with the large amount of ancient beast coins that are consumed. For example, adding a system for exchanging the chips required for the original Proto-Omega/Proto-Ultima battles for ancient beast coins and other ways to obtain them while also making sure there are merits for doing the currently existing Limbus content.

• How many ancient beast coins will drop in the higher tier expansion areas?
    We are currently adjusting the drops right now, but we are thinking it will be possible to obtain around 40-50 coins if you defeat all the enemies in Temenos/Apollyon.
    (What we are imagining is if the drops are good, then you will be able to obtain a metal chip in a single run.)

• Any plans for AF+1 revamps?
    We understand that there are a lot of requests for this, but we feel that this would take players away from the new routes, so we will only be adding revamped Homam/Nashira and new gear.
    Your question was answered a year ago, and the answer was that it would require more work than it's worth, so no.

As a side note, I understand your frustrations on this issue. I've had similar problems since Limbus was first introduced, and even more lowman groups trying to claim the zone as soon as it opens up. That being said, I agree with SE on this issue. Making a zone instanced requires more than just hitting one button, and I would rather their efforts be spent on content that will last a little longer than Limbus will.
    (1)
    Last edited by Yinnyth; 02-19-2013 at 06:31 AM.

Character
    Edyth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcholic View Post
    so yeah, my linkshell planned to farm limbus for the chips to do omega, once we arrived, NW apollyon was occupied by a BST that slowly solo'd the entire zone at a slug's pace... and held us up waiting and waitng.
    we ended up yelling at the guy to HURRY THE HECK up. then another group arrived and we ended up having to compete against them when they proved to be uncooperative over who to enter the zone... a general pain in the butt.

so, Square Enix, please make the whole thing instanced.
    Because of the way FFXI's zones work, to do this, SE would have to create several entirely separate but entirely identical Apollyon zones, and several entirely separate but entirely identical Temenos zones.

There are only two zones for all of Limbus right now, and they're already massive. All sections of Apollyon are a single zone, and all sections of Temenos are a single zone. Because of that, I don't think instancing more copies of an already huge zone out of shout range of all the other existing rooms in the zone would be feasible.

Definitely not worth it at all from a system resources perspective. Just wait for the other people.
    (1)