Character
    Artaniss
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 39

Just how expensive is this job starting out?

I want to unlock and would like to know just how expensive it is to start out leveling? And how much later on? Please let me know. Thanks...
    (0)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Artaniss View Post
    I want to unlock and would like to know just how expensive it is to start out leveling? And how much later on? Please let me know. Thanks...
    Corsair uses Bullets and Trump Cards. These can be quite expensive.

But at low level you can get a Bronze Bandolier (which will dispense a stack of Bronze Bullets every 24 hours) and a Firefly from chests in different areas, and you don't get Quick Draw to use cards until level 40.

If you are poor you can also avoid getting all of the Phantom Rolls by just buying the dies for Hunter's and Chaos Rolls, and then at 40 get the Evoker's Roll die. These should last you until higher level, and even then they'll be the majority of the rolls you use.

For bullets you can melee most of the time at lower levels, for skill ups you can just get the cheap Bronze Bullets (or level THF or RNG and spam cheaper Bolts). A stack of Bronze Bullets only costs about 10k, which you could use if you're TPing with bullets, and for weapon skills you should use a more expensive damaging bullet, so by swapping you can save a lot of Gil.

Basically, the job isn't that bad, and if you're really poor you can just use cheaper bullets and not obtain every roll until later.
    (0)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Artaniss View Post
    Skill up on another job with a crossbow, that'd save you a lot of money. Rolls actually isn't that bad since it's easier to make gil now. Fighter/Chaos/SAM/Tact/hunter/wizard are must have, evoker/fast cast/rogue/pet mattk/macc/ally/snapshot/PLD/dancer/movement speed+/SCH rolls are situational but better to get them. Everything else have very little use and nobody else would know if you don't have them.

At higher lv if you want to be super cheap, you can just /DNC with daggers, spam box step+haste samba since it adds more output for everyone else. Probably more effective than spamming /ra tossing gil depending on situation and pt setup IMO....assuming you have proper acc/PDT-/MDT-melee set.
    (0)

Character
    Khary
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Cor is not a "cheap" job if you're gonna play it properly. I'd personally recommend you have all the rolls because there are those times when you'll need some strange roll you never thought you'd use. Yes the dice are kinda pricey, but that doesn't mean you have to go and buy all of them at once. Get the most commonly used ones first then buy the less used ones here and there as you can afford them. I use steel bullets in my TP phase and swap in Orichalcum for Quick Draw and WS's . I'm not super rich either, but I'm not poor and this seems to work for me. Hope this gives you some insight about the job. It's a fun job and extremely desired in VW etc
    (1)