Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99

Can we get rid of the 30 second logout countdown in cities?

I know that the mechanics for an instant logout are already there -- you see it in the mog house. And the 30 second logout makes sense in outdoor areas, since instant logout would make it too easy to escape battle. In cities though, it just sucks. I hate when I have to switch among character -- like when I have a large amount of items to send to and from mules -- and I have to keep making this 30 second wait. I know it's not a lot of time, but it's the superfluousness that really bugs me.

So can we just make it so that, in cities, you log out instantly as you do in Mog Houses?
    (31)

Totally agreed. There should not be a 30 second logout timer in areas without enemies. At most, I could agree with a user selectable logout timer, for those who want a chance to cancel a logout in cause of an accidential misclick. Personally, I would set it to 5 seconds.
    (8)

Player
    I totally agree with the posters above me. In my opinion, the pace of FFXI in general needs to be sped up some more.

I believe following needs to be more streamlined:
    • Logging in through PlayOnline
    • Logging out
    • User Interface:
      • Moving items around through the safe, sack, satchel, etc.
      • Item delivery
    • Resting (HP, MP recovery)
    • Removal of animation lock during engaging, disengaging, being raised, having abilities and magic cast on you
    • Reduced lag in all areas

I am aware of what I wrote above would take a ton of work and would require a core software revamp. It would take a long time indeed but providing resources to improving these aspects down the line would be really great, make the player base happy and even attract new players. Of course I would only expect this after the current issues with FFXI are resolved.
    (12)
    Tanama - Monstrosity Enthusiast

Is exp loss even relevant anymore, just take the 30 secs off everywhere. until then alt f4 or ctrl alt del kill process works.
    (1)

Character
    Godofgods
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    30 sec log out is great for when you hit the log out or shut down accidentally.

We went from ppl complaining about weapons that took 2-3 years to make, to complaining about the pain of a whole 30 seconds. If 30 sec is to much time for you, your playing the wrong game.
    (3)

Character
    Saricks
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by raps1355 View Post
    Is exp loss even relevant anymore, just take the 30 secs off everywhere. until then alt f4 or ctrl alt del kill process works.
    Wow, you do realize this is a quick way to corrupt your client right? If the system is saving macro, map, spell list or writing to the chat log file when you do this it can corrupt the flies by the process being killed while writing them. You're forcing the game to exit out without letting it do it's shutdown.

Look at it this way. Think of it like your system was doing a background hdd defragment and you pulled the plug. When you reboot it'll give message that windows didn't shut down properly. You might not realize it till weeks later that a program or system file was corrupted. Then when you start crashing all the time.

Doing file checks etc and all kinds of BS you might get lucky and fix it might not. One things for sure the custom files that contain spell order, map data and configurations can't be fixed with check files in playonline because they are unique to your system/account.

I don't know about you or others but I'd HATE doing a full reinstall of FFXI because I was so lazy that I corrupted it with a kill process.

It might be wise to back up your FFXI directory on another drive if you guys follow this kill method.
    (0)
    Last edited by Sarick; 02-14-2013 at 02:32 AM.
    Developers take notice when a post has a lot of likes. Please support your fellow posters if they make good suggestions or comments by clicking the like.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Godofgods View Post

We went from ppl complaining about weapons that took 2-3 years to make, to complaining about the pain of a whole 30 seconds. If 30 sec is to much time for you, your playing the wrong game.
    It's about improving FFXI as a whole. This forum is not only for basic FFXI discussion but a suggestion box to. I mean, I'm sure you're aware of that. I'm just puzzled why you would have a problem with general suggestions. It's not like it's hurting you in any way.
    (0)
    Last edited by Tanama; 02-14-2013 at 02:38 AM. Reason: Shortened, cleaned up post.
    Tanama - Monstrosity Enthusiast

Character
    Saricks
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanama View Post
    It's about improving FFXI as a whole. This forum is not only for basic FFXI discussion but a suggestion box to. I mean, I'm sure you're aware of that. I'm just puzzled why you would have a problem with general suggestions. It's not like it's hurting you in any way.
    I assume he might have come to the realization that the big issues and major game changes are being put on the back burner. Things like what the menu list for outpost warps, extra storage options, listing the free space in inventory when trading items etc. My guess is a lot of people think these easy suggestions are slowing the development of more complex additions. Things like more SMN avatars, red mage adjustments, enmity fixes etc. You know the stuff that takes ingenuity to fix?

When one task needs a lot of resources and man hours to create sometimes choosing easy stuff that's just a few lines of code gives the impression that things are still being done to improve the game. In reality it may be an illusion to keep people from thinking nothing is being done at all. Obviously, things are being done but it's not always complex stuff people are begging for.

Put it this way if given the option to make a million gil farming a common item item in 24 hours vs making a million of gil farming an extremely rare item that never drops and takes 6 days to get get you'd probably go for the 24 hour option because it's an easier investment. Seems a bit silly if you can make more gil faster going the easy route. Why would you invest extra time in the hard route when the goals are the same? Make money. The developers job is to improve the game what route they take is dependent on the current workload and the investment SE is willing to take to improve things.
    (2)
    Last edited by Sarick; 02-14-2013 at 03:58 AM.
    Developers take notice when a post has a lot of likes. Please support your fellow posters if they make good suggestions or comments by clicking the like.

Quote Originally Posted by raps1355 View Post
    Why would I want to kill the client if I just want to log out to change characters, for example?
    (1)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Godofgods View Post

I already admitted 30 seconds is not a lot of time. It is, however, a cumulative nuisance and a needless one at that. It's an irritant that doesn't add anything to the game and getting rid of it wouldn't take anything from the game. It's like the delay between synthesis that they got rid of. It was only a few seconds between synths, which was not a long time, but if you were doing a lot of synths, it got really annoying.
    (1)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast