Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamin View Post
    I'll keep complainting as long as the 2 MIA avatars for SMN are still not anywhere in sight, A:RDM still completely useless in anything meaningful, B:BSTs, RNGs, etc, etc.

PLD might actually get a fix so perhaps there are hope afterall.

By the way, C:Meebles wouldn't be so bad if the drop rate will get improved. The crap of drop rate just hurts. Reminds me of VW which I've basically has stopped doing from getting sick of never seeing some of the drop.
    A:I am probably effected by this much more than you are, yet I still do not complain about the updates we get now, I complain that I have not seen anything from SE yet to do with my job. I doubt if they stopped everything else they would fix RDM's issues in the next update, because they seem to not even understand what the problems are let alone how to pass them and move forward with the job. On another note, what is anything meaningful? That is a rather vague term that people seem to like to throw around when it comes to jobs having little use, but fail to mention this content. I myself do quite a bit on RDM in endgame type content, but perhaps its because I am someone who actually plays the job well.

B:So far as I know RNG is good for Legion, also good in VW but more for procs than for straight up DD. It has flaws that could be corrected I'm sure, but I do not play the job really so I cant say much about it. BST on the otherhand is a very lopsided job, something that should be addressed. One of the biggest flaws to BST is that they are a 1 handed job, which leaves their Axe damage lower than it could be, with changes to 1 handed jobs, BST with the Relic Axe could do some amazing damage I'm sure, Ruinator is one of the best WSs in the game after all, they have something to work with. I feel as though BST should be adjusted though, right now all of its power is against lower level targets, where it is beyond the king of combat, but once you hit higher level targets BST goes from the king, into below average, much like how RDM is in most cases.

C:While I agree a change to drop rates would be nice, I think VW needs it much more than Meebles does. Meebles gear is bad on some drops and they made it very stupid and gimmicky to make us do multiple paths for extra TH or 'bonus to spoils' so we might get our things easier. However VW is a much worse event, and in a much worse position due to the amount of people required for it as well as the fact those who finally get gear, never want to go back. VW on Phoenix has slowed down to a grinding halt for the most part, I have seen barley any shouts for it compared to a few months ago, when Pulse Cells gave it a burst of life, for about a week till it died down worse than ever before.
    (0)

Character
    Dreamin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    A:I am probably effected by this much more than you are, yet I still do not complain about the updates we get now, I complain that I have not seen anything from SE yet to do with my job. I doubt if they stopped everything else they would fix RDM's issues in the next update, because they seem to not even understand what the problems are let alone how to pass them and move forward with the job. On another note, what is anything meaningful? That is a rather vague term that people seem to like to throw around when it comes to jobs having little use, but fail to mention this content. I myself do quite a bit on RDM in endgame type content, but perhaps its because I am someone who actually plays the job well.

B:So far as I know RNG is good for Legion, also good in VW but more for procs than for straight up DD. It has flaws that could be corrected I'm sure, but I do not play the job really so I cant say much about it. BST on the otherhand is a very lopsided job, something that should be addressed. One of the biggest flaws to BST is that they are a 1 handed job, which leaves their Axe damage lower than it could be, with changes to 1 handed jobs, BST with the Relic Axe could do some amazing damage I'm sure, Ruinator is one of the best WSs in the game after all, they have something to work with. I feel as though BST should be adjusted though, right now all of its power is against lower level targets, where it is beyond the king of combat, but once you hit higher level targets BST goes from the king, into below average, much like how RDM is in most cases.

C:While I agree a change to drop rates would be nice, I think VW needs it much more than Meebles does. Meebles gear is bad on some drops and they made it very stupid and gimmicky to make us do multiple paths for extra TH or 'bonus to spoils' so we might get our things easier. However VW is a much worse event, and in a much worse position due to the amount of people required for it as well as the fact those who finally get gear, never want to go back. VW on Phoenix has slowed down to a grinding halt for the most part, I have seen barley any shouts for it compared to a few months ago, when Pulse Cells gave it a burst of life, for about a week till it died down worse than ever before.
    A. RDM was my 3rd job to 75 back in the days. Level it for solo NMs but ended up being abused in Dynamis (BRD and RDM are like the most boring job in dynamis back in the days). So although I might not be as hard cored on RDM as many other ppl but it was still a job that I had enjoyed very much back then. [And seriously if you compare the utility and usefulness of a RDM of then compare to today, there's absolutely no comparsion at all. Ever since WHM gets ADDLE, RDM dont even get invited to VW anymore since it only takes up a slot and are only for space filler.]

B. Love BST, was my 3rd job to 75. Love the old style BST way. But taking away CHARM, BST is nothing but Jug Master now. There's no more need to understood the mobs classifications, their strength and weakness, etc. Yeah Ruinator is nice but now a day, its' all about just pulling out a jug, keep it alive and just slap it on NMs. Our WS might be a spike in dmg but compare to our better DD pets like Falcorr, our DOT just does not compare unless we get a relic/empy, which when compare to all the other jobs, just doesn't add up in terms of ROI.

C. VW sux, plain and simple, I'm 0/500+ and stopped doing Pil long ago. Meebles won't be so bad if it either doesn't require you to spend the 'time' to climb or the gil to buy KIs (which is what most ppl do), and after spending 400k in gil and then another 120k for bonus to spoils, when all you get is junks, it adds up to more frustrations. At least with VW, it doesn't cost much other than food and most ppl dont even bother with food (I have 6.7mil in cruors saved up).

SMNs is in even worst shape then BST, at least BST has something new to play with (jugs), SMNs, we're still stuck using our level 72 BPs. Yes, they did fix it so MP is no longer an issue but with /RDM, it really never is an issue imo since we hit 99. I can go on and on about many other jobs. It's just sux when so many jobs are broken and/or useless and instead of fixing them, we're debating whether we should do something to save ppl 30s...
    (0)

Because people can't possibly have multiple issues on their mind at the same time, right?
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamin View Post
    A. RDM was my 3rd job to 75 back in the days.
    B. Love BST, was my 3rd job to 75.
    Uh huh~ :P

My whole point was that I highly doubt this change would have a big impact, some things SE has not done seems like they just don't know what to do even when it comes right down to it. RDM is one instance of that, BST is another. VW drops they refuse to fix despite our constant asking, now it seems like players gave up hope on it. I can understand wanting to save SE time & work so they can get to your things faster, trust me, but I doubt this is something that would eat up their time. SE right now seems to be in a spot where everything they do till a couple months after the expansion will be small from now on or a change in mechanics/system. If thats the case, this is one such easy fix they could do. If they bust out with content this month, then Ill obviously have been wrong, but I think their entire content focus is on good old SoA right now, just fixing up the game a bit for its arrival.
    (0)

Character
    Godofgods
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Believing that various jobs need work is rly trailing away from the OP topic.
    (0)

Character
    Bunira
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 60
    Switching between mules, yeah its very convenient. Being on Xbox 360, the /shutdown is always nice, but I still have to wait 30 seconds in towns.
    (0)
    Be as bunnerful as you can be!

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarick View Post
    Wow, you do realize this is a quick way to corrupt your client right? If the system is saving macro, map, spell list or writing to the chat log file when you do this it can corrupt the flies by the process being killed while writing them. You're forcing the game to exit out without letting it do it's shutdown.
    I know this quote is almost ancient but... I play 2 different characters frequently, and both of them are almost always online. Because of the bass-ackwards way Windows works, it decides to forcibly shut down my game about once a month for Windows updates. The game receives an update every month and boots me from the game. My files have never been irreversibly corrupted.

If I change some macros then immediately hit the power strip my computers are plugged into, yes, I loose the change to my macros, but I keep the old macros. You're making it sound like you'll have to rebuild your entire computer if you do something like this and that's simply not true.

Is the OP validated in their original concerns? Hell yes. I would love to see town logout times changed... that would even encourage me to logout and power down my computers every now and then........ mind you a faster login process would go even further to that end, but that's besides the point. OP had a valid point, this was a valid rebuttal. The rebuttal does not, however, consider people who have mules on the same account and wish to send/receive items without running to their mog house each time to log out.
    (0)

Character
    Godofgods
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Yinnyth View Post
    I I would love to see town logout times changed... that would even encourage me to logout and power down my computers every now and then........
    If that is your big issue for not logging out and shutting down once in a while, then you've got some deeper issues'
    (0)

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Godofgods View Post
    If that is your big issue for not logging out and shutting down once in a while, then you've got some deeper issues'
    Well played, sir. I really do have deeper issues.
    (0)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5