Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Metaking
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Horadrim View Post
    While GEO and RNF not getting Empy troubles me... I don't really think not giving ToAU jobs Relic weapons was that huge of a thing. That's just my opinion though.

dont let a dnc hear you say that, and as a blu, i can tell you with the addition of req not being able to use excal hurts even more. cors you know probly dont care about relic gun, doesn't do much for them, and pup... well i can kinda understand them not getting relic knuckles but no real reason blu and dnc should not have.

on to geo it uses clubs... i don't think the relic club much less then emp club is going to break the game for any job >.> and no info on rune to really make a call
    (0)

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Metaking View Post
    dont let a dnc hear you say that, and as a blu, i can tell you with the addition of req not being able to use excal hurts even more. cors you know probly dont care about relic gun, doesn't do much for them, and pup... well i can kinda understand them not getting relic knuckles but no real reason blu and dnc should not have.

on to geo it uses clubs... i don't think the relic club much less then emp club is going to break the game for any job >.> and no info on rune to really make a call
    As a RDM with an Excal and an Almace, I can say at least you can use CDC properly and the ODD goes to your Blue Magic. I mean, that's what every mage has access to, right? ODD for their magic? Oh wait, no that's specially reserved for BLU with an Almace. How about all those traits you can set? Those aren't a big deal either, right? Everyone has access to Dual Wield 3 and Triple attack. Oh wait, only THFs do and they get to use Daggers. Self Skill Chaining is no big deal either. How about your shadows? How many of them do you get again? Like 2 right? Just like Blink right? Definitely not more than NIN or anything.

/walks through BLU tears without caring

You can go /WAR and get access to Morrigan's +1. If you can't figure out how to use Req well then that's your problem.

That being said, DNC should be on Mandau. They aren't overpowered and they are working with Daggers. They actually have legitimate grievances. There is nothing wrong with jobs being individually given things, but BLU isn't even close to being poorly off. I don't know why you complain as much as RDMs when you clearly are the more viable job.

I hope that the current Dev team has the over sight to give Rune Fencer enough gear at release so that they don't have to play the catch up game. It's also possible that we will get another step in magian trials or a different system with the expansion.

Not being on Ragnarok and Calabolg doesn't offend me so long as they give Rune Fencers access to something good enough to make people not miss them. Obviously some people will complain regardless of the situation and you can't make everyone happy, but I hope they make the job good enough so that people play it for more than the first week that the expansion is out.
    (1)
    Last edited by ManaKing; 02-18-2013 at 02:24 AM.
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

Character
    Horadrim
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    I'm hoping the new jobs are on some Magian Trials for some weapons, even though it seems unlikely they'll receive any Empyrean weapons from what the Development Bros have said.

You actually explain why it is good to have options in the same paragraph that you say it's not that important to have options. Also, I assume you meant "Ryunohige" rather than "Rhongomiant" since the names are similar?

It's important to have options because some ultimate weapons are just slightly better hitting sticks and others are actually well-designed and work well with a particular job. The more options a job has among ultimate weapons, the higher a player's chance of having the option to make a well-designed ultimate weapon for that job will be.
    Because I was dealing in two different things with regards to options.

Weapons and other gear are completely separate in this regard. You can have TP sets, WS sets, JA sets on you and actively switch between them -- different gear has different uses and purposes so options are a useful and important thing as long as one piece isn't just a direct upgrade of another piece.

Meanwhile, Weapons are a completely different monster. Outside of mages, who's casting isn't effected by switching weapons (and still, it isn't really necessary anymore with the fused HQ staff, unless you build magian elemental staves),

With regards to the DRG thing -- I don't know (looking it up now) I'm just going by what I remember reading, the specifics are largely irrelevant to the point of what I was saying though. With weapons, it is almost always a case of direct upgrading as opposed to lateral usefulness:

This clearly better than this and a roughly lateral move from this -- yet the comparative difficulty of building a Gungnir compared to a Ryunohige or Rhongomiant is pretty ridiculous.

When you're dealing with slots where you can actively change swap gear around during combat, options make a ton of sense and become great. But as I specified before -- Weapons are a completely different thing and if you look at most of the weapons in the game, there's a clear hierarchy of potency that makes it redundant to hassle over adding new jobs to older ones -- like the dynamis relic weapons...
    (0)
    Last edited by Horadrim; 02-19-2013 at 01:05 AM.

Player
    I see where you're coming from. If the Development Bros didn't sometimes approach FFXI the way a blind watchmaker approaches a watch, blind and holding a fruit juicer instead of a screwdriver because the handles feel the same, you'd have a really good point. I'd prefer it if you did have a really good point.

But, the Development Bros do what they do and that sometimes includes making ultimate weapons with the words "Cloudsplitter" or "Shock Spikes" stuck on them like a smear of cat poo. Jobs benefit a lot of options for high-end weapons less because things are situational, and more because the Development Bros can and probably will make relatively bad ultimate weapons again.

I'm not saying jobs should be added to Relics so much as I'm saying "be afraid".

In the case of Rune Fencer, this just means I hope the job is able to equip the Magian OAT Great Sword or at least the STR Magian Great Sword in spite of Caladbolg being unlikely. Being on current options that are really good would be a really nice safety net in case that guy who made Farsha gets assigned to Rune Fencer's unique arms.

He's still there, waiting and biding his time, drawing a picture of a Great Sword weaponskill dubbed "Cloudpoker" on a napkin from Go! Go! Curry! instead of checking for bugs in Seekers of Adoulin content.
    (0)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    In the case of Rune Fencer, this just means I hope the job is able to equip the Magian OAT Great Sword or at least the STR Magian Great Sword in spite of Caladbolg being unlikely. Being on current options that are really good would be a really nice safety net in case that guy who made Farsha gets assigned to Rune Fencer's unique arms.
    I'm reinforcing this because of how important it is. If RUN doesn't have access to Fulgarte or an equivalent weapon upon release it will be DOA and nothing more then a town job for COSPLAY and role playing.

I'm serious about that, RUN will not be "tanking" anymore then the current "tanks" do. And by tanks I mean the real tanks, WAR, DRK, MNK and sometimes SAM, not the guy sitting in the corner with 80% PDT, 80% MDT who's only job is to get beat on by adds. The introduction of -DT sets has altered the way we "tank" low man content (things not zerged). Getting ~50% MDT in full haste is piss easy with Shell V giving 26~29%. Bravura WAR and Apoc DRK can both hit PDT/MDT cap with capped haste while output high volumes of damage. SAM and MNK both have ways of flat avoiding and often returning damage. So as anyone with half a brain can see, unless a job can output high damage while also mitigating incoming damage then there is no room for it in FFXI.
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2