Character
    Spamtastic
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

In honor of Valentine's day, i wanted to share some ffxi wedding pics.

my wife spamelicious and i were married in game a few years back. it was one of the most special moments i've ever had in game. we were married in real life a few years later. sadly we both agree our in game wedding was better than our real life wedding lol. anyways here are the pics. hope you guys enjoy them!

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.107410742604707.13954.100000073451541&type=1&l=4cfc8ea44c

(7)
    Spamtastic - Valefor

Character
    Spamtastic
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

the ceremony was held on Purgonorgo Isle. we had 2 full alliances of guests and a few stragglers that happened to come by as it was taking place. my wife and i were on different sides of the sides of the area. we used sneak and invis to get into place while the guests gathered under the big structure. we gave one person per alliance a joyous serinette item to change the zone music to wedding music. as the music started spamelicious and i took off our sneak and invisible and walked up the "aisle" (the two rows of big red lanterns) and stood before our linkshell leader who was fulfilling the role of pastor/master of ceremonies. the people who had changed the music to wedding music then each used a serene serinette item to change the music to the final fantasy prelude song and the ceremony started. we used a mash up of the three nations generic wedding scripts and our own specially written vows. we then exchanged the rings we had made for each other and kissed everyone started using the fireworks and grape juice we had handed out earlier (i wanted to hand out pizza but the woman said no...). we had some after wedding games. we did a test of luck (i listed a couple items that could be gotten by clamming. everyone had to try clamming at the same location. first one to bring me the random items won a 50k prize), a test of knowledge (just some ffxi general trivia questions. first person to get 3 correct won 50k), and a test of strength (a foot race around the island. first person around won 50k lol). after the games we decided to fight shen for the lulz. both alliances wiped. lol. it was an epic failure. after everyone was raised the woman and i went to the president's office in bastok wearing our rings and got our official wedding certificate from cloud walker.
    (7)
    Spamtastic - Valefor

Player
    Wish I had pictures from mine to share ;; we had it in Hall of the Gods with the hall serving as the isle and the circle platform is where all of the guests gathered as well as myself. The music seemed quite fitting as well, after that we went to Brenner and had all of the guests fighting, it was boys vs girls, which was great fun! ^_^
    (2)

Character
    Toadie
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Your pics are beautiful!

My husband and I were married in the game after we had been married in real life. And we felt the same as well, it was a better experience in game to renew our vows than it was in life. We did it during the Doll Festival so we just used the current event decorations. Since we got married beneath an apple tree in real life it made sense to us to get married again beneath cherry trees.

In any case we wish you many happy years together!

Edit: minor spelling/gammer corrections and added one wedding pic.
    (2)
    Last edited by Toadie-Odie; 02-12-2013 at 10:15 PM.
    Each person is an individual being, capable of independent thought and unique emotion, deserving respect, dignity, and compassion in all things, at all times, and in all places.

To do anything else denies the self of its humanity.