Thread: First!

Character
    Ryce
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99

First!

High hopes for this job, despite it's pretty awful name. What are your hopes from the new melee class?

A new breed of tank?
    (0)

Player
    Rune Fencer is a new breed of tank that utilizes elemental and enchanting runes for greater attack and defense. Not only that but Square-Enix has said they have the highest amount of magical defense and elemental resistance than all jobs. Did the count the Aegis when they made the claim? We'll find out soon how well this job will perform.

I wonder if they will have high enmity abilities. Also Enmity should be fixed by then. (I hope)
    (0)
    Tanama - Monstrosity Enthusiast

Character
    Horadrim
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryce View Post
    High hopes for this job, despite it's pretty awful name. What are your hopes from the new melee class?

A new breed of tank?
    I'm excited. I spent years hoping for Geomancer but Rune Fencer seems more interesting to me.
    (0)

Character
    Tibor
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I wonder if Rune Fencer as a subjob might be a good fit for Paladin? it could help a Paladin without Aegis be able to stand a chance vs heavy Magic casting mobs.

Probably won't be as effective as Aegis...but...

Thoughts?
    (0)

Character
    Lupus
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    i wanted blue mage and people complained we already had beast.
    i wanted dancer and joked about scholar and look what happened.
    i wanted mystic knight and everyone said that was red mage's job
    i'll love rune fencer! trusting it will be as great as how they added other past jobs.

i'll have to beg square to expand the magic merits catagory so i can 8/8 it's skill. come on square we got 22 jobs time to expand some catagories again. =D
    (0)
    Last edited by rufuslupus; 02-10-2013 at 12:48 AM.

Character
    Delvish
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuslupus View Post
    i wanted blue mage and people complained we already had beast.
    i wanted dancer and joked about scholar and look what happened.
    i wanted mystic knight and everyone said that was red mage's job
    i'll love rune fencer! trusting it will be as great as how they added other past jobs.

i'll have to beg square to expand the magic merits catagory so i can 8/8 it's skill. come on square we got 22 jobs time to expand some catagories again. =D
    FTFY
    Could definitely do with some skill expansions depending on how these two jobs work. Magic is maybe, since you can 8/8 3 magic skills already, but melee could definitely use a boost since I find myself splitting my weapon merits as is.
    (1)
    Samurai Archery is said to be a thing of the past, but it isn't dead yet!

Character
    Yru
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Looking forward to this job. I don't have any heavy tank jobs in this game, and I'm interested to see what they do with Rune Fencer. I was intrigued by GEO, but it could also turn out very disappointing. At least with RNF I have few preconceptions about its abilities.
    (0)

Character
    Aeonknight
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tibor View Post
    I wonder if Rune Fencer as a subjob might be a good fit for Paladin? it could help a Paladin without Aegis be able to stand a chance vs heavy Magic casting mobs.

Probably won't be as effective as Aegis...but...

Thoughts?
    Supposedly RNF is supposed to be better than PLD at magic tanking. I'd love to see them beat Aegis, but a new job has a lot of potential.

that said, I seriously doubt they'd put all of these useful abilities below 49. It might work marginally better than /RDM for magic dmg tanking, but they're not going to put Aegis-trumping abilities being accessable by a sub. Would kill the job long before it came out (and further screw up the balance of tanking as it is now)
    (0)

Character
    Saruhiko
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuslupus View Post
    I'm not too sure Rune Fencer will get its own magic skill. There is a ??? slot in magic skills but seeing the past FF versions of geomancer, I'm expecting that slot to be occupied by Geomancy Skill.
    (0)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    San d'Oria, Windurst, Bastok: Rank 10
    ZM:O CoP:O AU:O ACP:O
    Italian Dragoon FTW! <3 Azure 4Ever. (Roleplayer)

Character
    Kurdtray
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    All right lets talk about the job rune fencer...........oh wait we have no clue what the job can do.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast