Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Double EXP Campaign

Greetings everyone!

I just wanted to take a moment and give a couple more details regarding the Double EXP Campaign that we will be holding this upcoming weekend.

While the double EXP will not affect any experience points gained in Abyssea, you will be able to double your gains in Dynamis, Promyvion areas, and everywhere else.

Also, in case you were wondering, the double EXP will only apply towards your character and not adventuring fellows. However, based off what we see from this campaign, we would like to look into other elements, including having the EXP applied to fellows. Another type of campaign is in the works as well!
    (25)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Nyheen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    that will be epic! it not needed in abyssea.
    (0)

Character
    Rubican
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Would the dev team be willing to toss in a modifier on the Conquest Points and Imperial Standing gained as well? I mean obviously we will be getting more due to double exp, but what if instead of 10% they upped it to 20% of the exp gained becomes points. That would make this something that everyone could take advantage of (even if they have all jobs 99, and all merits capped).
    (3)

Character
    Tamarsamar
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    However, based off what we see from this campaign, we would like to look into other elements, including having the EXP applied to fellows.
    Please do! I intend to level alongside my Fellow for the campaign, and she already falls far behind from missing out on GoV bonus experience (even when not in a dedicated book-burn) and Dedication effects alone.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    I love back in 2006 when they said Mythics would be the casual-player's alternative to Relic weapons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Armando
    No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
    FFXI Official Forums in a nutshell:

Quote Originally Posted by saevel
    The stupid is strong here.

Character
    Limecat
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant82 View Post
    Would the dev team be willing to toss in a modifier on the Conquest Points and Imperial Standing gained as well? I mean obviously we will be getting more due to double exp, but what if instead of 10% they upped it to 20% of the exp gained becomes points. That would make this something that everyone could take advantage of (even if they have all jobs 99, and all merits capped).
    Actually, we've got the double-CC kupower active on Carby right now, and it will last a couple days at least into the exp boost.
    (3)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant82 View Post
    It won't be necessary. Doubling the Exp gain will automatically double the IS/CP you gain. Then use an exp ring (esp. the anni ring if you still have it) and get even more.
    (0)

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    everywhere else
    Besieged? Campaign battle?
    (0)
    Nothing in the above post is intended to disparage Square Enix or FINAL FANTASY XI, or to criticize Square Enix staff; such behavior would be a violation of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement. Any such violations of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement should be reported to Square Enix immediately, by using the "Report Post" icon in the bottom-left of forum posts.

No Moogles were harmed in the making in this post. Stars save the Sibyl!

Character
    Cowardlybabooon
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I have a business conference this weekend and this makes me unhappy.
    (0)

Character
    Krash
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Sure this is pretty cool for those that can bas in the enjoy over the weekend. The real question is why double.. why not triple XP. I mean Abyssea is still on God mode XP not only for a weekend, all the time. Which leads us to why not just make those areas experience double/triple all the time. Could also up the Conquest Points, Allied Notes and Imperial Standings. Lets face it the game is no longer Lv.75 cap things need to change.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...ints-and-Notes.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Krashport View Post
    Sure this is pretty cool for those that can bas in the enjoy over the weekend. The real question is why double.. why not triple XP. I mean Abyssea is still on God mode XP not only for a weekend, all the time. Which leads us to why not just make those areas experience double/triple all the time. Could also up the Conquest Points, Allied Notes and Imperial Standings. Lets face it the game is no longer Lv.75 cap things need to change.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...ints-and-Notes.
    Considering all mob EXP outside of abyssea was doubled after abyssea came out, technically this is quadruple what it was originally, and then exp rings stack with it. It's fast enough for you old man *han solo voice*.

That being said this campaign is llargely aimed at people who DON'T leech their way from 30 to 99 and only go to abyssea at a reasonable level.
    (4)

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast