Thread: Guild Stock

Character
    Aliron
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Guild Stock

I've been leveling a few of my lower level jobs and have been coming across a rather consistent issue. There is a severe lack of gear on the good old AH, and some of the very useful stuff is crafted only. Now unfortunately there is not much incentive for crafters to make some of these items, so I have devised some nice solutions that I think both developers and crafters can agree with. First if possible increase the number of items available for the guilds to stock up on, and maybe have the price the guild will buy the item from you be based on what the price they sell to players, higher sell to guild prices when they have lower stock.
    Option 2 is have the guild craft the item after bringing them the items needed and link the crafting price to the AH price, Say times 2 of the average price so that crafters can still make money when they put their items up for sale.
    (0)

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Items traded in for guild points should show up in the guild salesroom.
    (5)
    Nothing in the above post is intended to disparage Square Enix or FINAL FANTASY XI, or to criticize Square Enix staff; such behavior would be a violation of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement. Any such violations of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement should be reported to Square Enix immediately, by using the "Report Post" icon in the bottom-left of forum posts.

No Moogles were harmed in the making in this post. Stars save the Sibyl!

Character
    Aliron
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    That idea works as well, technically they would have those items in stock after all
    (0)

Character
    Rustic
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziyyigo-Tipyigo View Post
    Items traded in for guild points should show up in the guild salesroom.
    Or heck, have them available for sale from the trade-in NPC, with stock resetting to zero at the end of each JP day (midnight). The more traded in, the lower the price goes.

This is an excellent idea.

Guild prices tend to be overblown, and I'd also add in my personal note that frequently, what one can't find on local vendors, one can often find on the other two starting cities. One of these days, I'm gonna run a mule to Gusgen Mines and just set up a shop full of L20-30 gear, just to see the money roll in...
    (0)
    Old-time player, new-time character- Ragnarok server.