Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Character
    Darrtt
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99

Enough is enough

I don't speak for the whole FFXI community, but i cannot just sit here in silence anymore. It has become apparent that the FFXI devs have forgotten that WE pay THEM to play this game. Over the past few months i have seen nothing come from the devs that proves otherwise. They add content to the game that is incredibly difficult without a very specific setup (NNI) and then criticize us saying that not everyone should be able to clear all content in the game. Uhhh are you *&^%ing kidding me? If i am paying you my money, however small the amount may be, i sure as hell better be able to participate in / clear any event in the game with whatever setup i choose, and the only thing that should hold me back is that event being a little more difficult if i choose a less than optimal setup.

Or they add slightly challenging content that is pretty easy to clear if the participants have the temps (VW) but have abyssmal drop rates and no way to share loot you don't want / need.

Or they add content that is easy and accessible (Neo-Salvage) but then decide that one small niche of a job is too OP for it and decide to nerf it. Meanwhile their precious Sam weapon remains unchanged. Nevermind that you need loot from the old salvage to get the better loot from new salvage, which BTW means if you missed out when TOAU came out, you now need to do 75 content before you can do 99 content because of arbitrary entry limitations. Oh and BTW, good luck getting the drops you need in old school salvage.

Which takes me to my next two points;

SE refuses to adjust the 3 man limit on ToAU content which would make getting stuff done that NO ONE wants to do anymore (assaults) or is hard to find people for (salvage, einherjar) I know this is an MMO but when content can be cleared by one person, make so can enter with ONLY 1 PERSON.

Limbus 2 would be good but again, good luck finding people to do it. Enif has some nice pieces, Murzim is mostly trash, and the lack of AF+2 leaves almost no incentive to do this event.

Whats that? oh AF+2, yeah it might make people do this event but SE has flat out said NO to the notion of adding such a thing. Again SE, WE PAY YOU to play this game. Obviously adding ideas any Tom, Dick, or Harry throw at you would be bad, but if the majority of the games population want it, MAKE IT SO.

You know what you gain by actually listening to your players? MORE MONEY! That's right, if you actually threw us a bone on things more people would continue to play this game, instead of drop from existence because you don't want to listen to the people that play this game, unlike yourselves, even though you claim to play it.

People put some damn good ideas on this forum and they are either completely ignored, or we get a lame ass "we are looking / will look into it" but then never hear another thing about it.

This has turned into a rant so I'll wrap this up. SE is trolling us. They want our money but don't want our feedback. Yet we continue to play this game in the hopes that something awesome will happen. SoA brought some hope, but i have major doubts. I mean look at WoTG, how long did it take to finish that expansion? And what is there to show for it?

Enough is enough. I am only one person, but if all of the NA/EU community stopped playing FFXI for even a month i wonder how SE would react.
    (80)
    Last edited by Darrt; 02-01-2013 at 06:37 PM.

612 wharf ave next to the gentlemen's club.
    Character
    Tyrantsyn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Sir you are emotional, and as stated in another thread your opinion is noted but doesn't matter. Why? because you are emotional and not making any point because of the emotional thing.
    Emotional
    no point
    And only us other emotional player's understand you.
    Here's my like, sorry about the whole emotional thing.
    Good luck
    500 post
    (16)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Just an emo "game sucks /devs suck or don't listen" post.

If you want change, the only way to have a greater than zero chance of getting it is to spell out camly and clearly what exactly you think is broken and needs fixing, what isn't broken and shouldn't be fixed, whatever. Just coming here and stamping your foot isn't going to accomplish anything.
    (9)

Character
    Zeroe
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Just an emo "game sucks /devs suck or don't listen" post.

If you want change, the only way to have a greater than zero chance of getting it is to spell out camly and clearly what exactly you think is broken and needs fixing, what isn't broken and shouldn't be fixed, whatever. Just coming here and stamping your foot isn't going to accomplish anything.
    Short Answer: Bullcrap

When these forums first started, there was plenty of optimism and great ideas. The devs would respond, but with cryptic generic "look into it text" After awhile, people started to notice that they weren't taking any of our ideas at all. Soon came waves of terrible patches, while the community cried out to stop them, the devs did nothing. We have every right to be annoyed, angry, and frankly a little ticked off because our money is being wasted on crap that shouldn't be adjusted. I tried there way of being "nice and constructive." Know where that got us??? Absolutely nothing.

Were not idiots, we know when were not being listened to. I want whats best for the game, as does everyone. But this isn't the right direction. Everyone knows it, but again, who's listening.
    (28)

Player
    youmustbenewhere.jpg

You make points. I can't speak to their validity, but I can see their importance to you.

Do you know what the difference between contribution and nocturnal emission is?

The former has you presenting your case and offering suggestions for what you feel is unbalanced.

The other is a load of waste that will only happen in your dreams.

*Edit* Gonna go ahead and add that yes, you sign the devs' paychecks. If you don't like their work, fire them and hire another MMO's devs.

If you like their work but not their policy, then explain to them in a way that makes logical, fiscal sense why they should change policy.

If you don't like their work or their policy, but you continue to pay them and complain, why SHOULD they listen? They're still getting a check from you whether they are working up to your expectations or not.
    (8)
    Last edited by Chocobits; 02-02-2013 at 02:23 PM.

Character
    Rezeak
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I don't think not paying will help, i mean i have seen endgame ls's leave the game cause of SE wanting to makes do the most medicore stuff over and over and honestly all they do is plod on not caring.

Either way for FFXI to be profitable i'm sure it's relatively easy i mean for example in a year you'd pay $160ish and with just say 10k subs that $1.6mil and i'm sure your could run a server and employee a dev team for that give or take. And i'm sure they have alot more than 10k subs and you can see why they want another FFXI from FFXIV.

With that said if, and it's a big if, if you could get a decent sized gaming site to cover a story on why FFXI dev team doesn't listen to it's players it would make them listen because of all the poor press in FFXIV, and funnily enough the only time i have seen SE buckle to peer pressure was when a group of people fought AV for 22 hours and gaming magazines covered it negativity.

Either way, i'm not that inclined either way the best thing about having a PC is having more than one game and i just play FFXI every so often (like 1 week or so every few months so i only pay for 1 out of 3 months) which i happy enough for.

My FFXI plan now is not to play for 4-8 months then come back for SoA Story and quit again.

While in away i'm sad FFXI for me is over just like when i completed FFVII. It doesn't change that it was a great game and FFXI-2 (abyssea) was a fun remix but FFXI-3 (abyssea was fun but now it's time sink time) is not for me lol.
    (0)
    Last edited by Rezeak; 02-02-2013 at 03:24 PM.
    Main : 99 DRK
    Subs : 99 SMN COR SCH MELEEWHM
    Server : Ragnarök
    Relics : 95 Ragnarok and 95 Apoc
    Ironic that when i was young i never had enough video games but now i have too many and not enough time to play them .

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeroe View Post
    Short Answer: Bullcrap
    It's true that there probably isn't any right way to actually suggest something to the development team, based on previous experience, but that doesn't mean that coming on here and ranting about it with foam at your mouth will do anyone any good. All it does is reduce peoples' opinions of the OP. Also, some of what he said was just garbage.
    (3)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Kyqrieas
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I agree with you that SE don't do enough but this games really old now and they're bringing out FFXIV. It's as if they're just waiting for it to die and are squeezing as much money as they can out of it before it inevitably dies. I think I speak for most people when I say we've been expecting the end for the past year or so, it's just a matter of when, and how it will end. I think SE have come to terms with that and are just casually keeping the majority of the player base happy (which happens to be JP) to keep the money coming in until that time. It's like, say a new console is released in a specific brand - Sony make a Playstation 4 for example - they wouldn't keep working on updates for the PS3 because you would just move on. The times come for FFXIV and it looks promising so now they aren't caring so much about FFXI. It's just life, happens with everything.
    (1)

Character
    Darrtt
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I see some of you think this is just a QQ thread but i assure you i was completely calm when i typed my the OP. I did not offer any suggestions because either A. They have already been posted on this site, or B. They will just be ignored anyway. I suppose you could say the purpose of this thread was not to be constructive, but just to post how I, and i'm sure many other, FFXI players feel about the devs / this game at the moment. I was thinking that if enough people like / comment in this thread that it will get some community rep attention and maybe, just maybe, they will pass this up to the people at SE. And then, however small a chance it might be, we would see some positive change.

Obviously not every single person is going to agree with me, and i don't expect them to. Feel free to flame me if you want, it makes no difference to me. All i ask is that if you do wish to flame me, bring something to the thread about how this game IS balanced, the devs DO listen to us, and i am just a tool for thinking otherwise. If you don't bring this, then you are just a troll who continues to feed off of SE's abuse and neglect.
    (6)

Character
    Darrtt
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Jaall you have a good point, however, they cannot just let FFXI fall to the wayside before FFXIV is cemented in as a viable MMO to spend time playing. The way FFXIV tanked when first released will certainly affect how it is received when ARR comes out, though i honestly hope that it succeeds. If it were to fail again, i imagine SE would be in quite a bit of financial trouble.
    (5)

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast