Character
    Artaniss
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 39

Noob attachment question

This is what the wiki reads:

Automatons have their very own gear called Attachments. An automaton carries all of its attachments in its own inventory and can equip up to twelve different attachments. In order to use an attachment it must first be traded to Tateeya in Aht Urhgan Whitegate (I-7) where she will add it to your automaton's inventory. Once traded attachments cannot be removed from the automaton's inventory.

Does this means I can never use the attachments on another auto? I can never unequip from my level 10 auto and equip on my newest level 20 auto? I have to buy the attachments all over again for each auto that I get?
    (0)

Character
    Helyos
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Frames are like equipment for your automaton. It's the same puppet, just different clothes.

Edit: So no, you don't have to buy new attachments.
    (0)

Character
    Zijder
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Updated the ffxiclopedia entry to read

Automatons have their very own gear called Attachments. An automaton carries all of its attachments in its own inventory and can equip up to twelve different attachments. In order to use an attachment it must first be traded to Tateeya in Aht Urhgan Whitegate (I-7) where she will add it to your automaton's inventory. Once traded attachments cannot be removed from the automaton's inventory but it will never be consumed or otherwise lost. Although attachments do stack to 12 for crafting purposes an automaton can only have one of each type and once traded it is available to use on all head/frame combinations.
    That should hopefully cover some of the most frequent newbie attachment questions. Hope you're having fun levelling pup, its a fun job to play once you get the hang of it.
    (0)

Character
    Artaniss
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 39
    Thanks, and yes now I understand a lot more lol. Thanks for your replies, and I am loving the Pup class. Cant wait till I get him higher and get more auto's
    (0)