Thread: FFXI on Tablet?

Character
    Wolfemasters
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

FFXI on Tablet?

I've heard rumors that some people have been able to pull this off, but I have no idea how. I know there are tablets that allow the use of a Bluetooth keyboard so it seems feasible. Does anyone know if I could install it to a memory card and play it off a tablet like this?

http://www.spyshopsusa.com/p-1120-7in-android-tablet-14999.aspx

It can support up to a 16 gig card, and last I checked, the game was about 12 gigs.

Anyone know for sure?
    (0)
    "Love thy wolf, more than thy neighbor." ~ W. Masters
    "I'm sorry if you don't like me, but I'm not sorry for being who I am." ~ W. Masters
    "There's nothing wrong with being wrong." ~ W. Masters

Quality of Life Ideas & More:
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/43689-Quality-of-Life-Ideas-More

Character
    Ryce
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I've tried playing on my iPad by running XI on my PC and using a screen-sharing app. That was pretty terrible.
    (0)

Player
    You can play XI on an android tablet? Pretty sure you cannot play it on an android OS. I honestly welcome someone to tell me otherwise, it would be cool to know.

I'd say any windows tablet from 2002+ would be able to play this game.

I also believe the poster above me was referring to a form of remote desktop connection, which I'm sure xi wouldn't have too much issue with, since really the only issue to overcome in that circumstance would be your internet connection.
    (0)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Volta View Post
    You can play XI on an android tablet? Pretty sure you cannot play it on an android OS. I honestly welcome someone to tell me otherwise, it would be cool to know.

I'd say any windows tablet from 2002+ would be able to play this game.

I also believe the poster above me was referring to a form of remote desktop connection, which I'm sure xi wouldn't have too much issue with, since really the only issue to overcome in that circumstance would be your internet connection.
    I have heard of a few people loading linux onto android tablets, and if that is true then you might be able to run it in wine. I doubt 16 gigs is enough for the OS and the emulator and FFXI though. Even if by some miracle of god that worked, it would probably be terribly glitchy.

I'm pretty sure that you can run it on a windows 8 tablet (x86 versions, not the RT models), but they are in the $600-$1,100 range so I'm not sure that's what the OP is looking for.
    (0)

Character
    Kitanashia
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    it would work except the fact that wine is x86 onry
    (0)
    Try to have fun or it isn't worth playing