Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Character
    Seyomeyo
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    here's a question on everybody's mind--will RUN get access to any plate armor? Hoping they aren't totally screwed in the STR department since it's been said they can DPS a bit.
    (0)

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Lore-wise there really aren’t that many Tarutarus who adventure out beyond the green and safe Sarutabarta region
    Are we talking about the same race that crushed all resistance in the Middle Lands under its (admittedly small) boot heel during the Age of Magic?
    (9)
    Last edited by Ziyyigo-Tipyigo; 02-22-2013 at 07:48 AM.
    Nothing in the above post is intended to disparage Square Enix or FINAL FANTASY XI, or to criticize Square Enix staff; such behavior would be a violation of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement. Any such violations of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement should be reported to Square Enix immediately, by using the "Report Post" icon in the bottom-left of forum posts.

No Moogles were harmed in the making in this post. Stars save the Sibyl!

Character
    Seyomeyo
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziyyigo-Tipyigo View Post
    Are we talking about the same race that crushed all resistance in the Middle Lands under its (admittedly small) boot heel during the Age of Magic?
    Taru power!
    (3)

Character
    Horadrim
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Seyomeyo View Post
    here's a question on everybody's mind--will RUN get access to any plate armor? Hoping they aren't totally screwed in the STR department since it's been said they can DPS a bit.
    I'm pretty sure its a yes on both of those fronts. They are like Tanky Dark Knights, it seems like. A union between a trifecta of Red Mage, Paladin, and Dark Knight.

I'd say their highest stats will be:

MND > STR > INT > VIT

Here's hoping Runes use MND. I never get to stack MND.
    (0)
    Last edited by Horadrim; 02-22-2013 at 10:56 PM.

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    I'm actually doubting Rune Fencer will get heavy armor available to PLD/WAR/SAM/DRG.

From what I've seen so far, the idea seems to be this:

Imagine two intersecting, orthogonal axes, one horizontal and one vertical. The intersection point, the point of origin, is Red Mage. The horizontal axis is magical abilities; White Mage is to the right, Black Mage is to the left. The vertical axis is newish and describes melee abilities: Paladin is up and Rune Fencer is down.

They're denying Rune Fencer Protect V just as they've denied Paladin Shell V. I don't expect Rune Fencer to have better (melee) armor options than Red Mage has.
    (0)
    Nothing in the above post is intended to disparage Square Enix or FINAL FANTASY XI, or to criticize Square Enix staff; such behavior would be a violation of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement. Any such violations of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement should be reported to Square Enix immediately, by using the "Report Post" icon in the bottom-left of forum posts.

Character
    Rustic
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziyyigo-Tipyigo View Post
    I'm actually doubting Rune Fencer will get heavy armor available to PLD/WAR/SAM/DRG.

From what I've seen so far, the idea seems to be this:

Imagine two intersecting, orthogonal axes, one horizontal and one vertical. The intersection point, the point of origin, is Red Mage. The horizontal axis is magical abilities; White Mage is to the right, Black Mage is to the left. The vertical axis is newish and describes melee abilities: Paladin is up and Rune Fencer is down.

They're denying Rune Fencer Protect V just as they've denied Paladin Shell V. I don't expect Rune Fencer to have better (melee) armor options than Red Mage has.
    I'm thinking that we see RUN get up to scale-tier armor, just like RDM does. At best, you're talking armor sets like Dragoons get.
    (0)
    Old-time player, new-time character- Ragnarok server.

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    By "heavy armor" I had in mind the stuff available to jobs that get proc'd by weapon skills in Dynamis. I'm expecting Rune Fencer to be limited to armor you'd see on jobs proc'd by job abilities.
    (0)

Character
    Godofgods
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    No! I promise it’s not like that! (And I am speaking as a Tarutaru myself!)

Lore-wise there really aren’t that many Tarutarus who adventure out beyond the green and safe Sarutabarta region.
    Can you blame them? The tarus who went to whitegate cant even get a stool...
    (3)

Player
    I think it might be interesting to have a two-handed job that uses medium armor, now that both two-handed weapons and medium armor are worlds better than when Dragoon was in that position. Of course, there's a chance that will also make Rune Fencer's Resolution set the bane of all inventories.
    (0)

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    Of course, there's a chance that will also make Rune Fencer's Resolution set the bane of all inventories.
    What are you talking about? I'm sure they'll look lovely in pink!
    (0)

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast