Character
    Godofgods
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Top o’ the morning to everyone!

In case you haven’t checked topics today, we just posted the next installment of our series to deepen everyone’s knowledge of the new mysterious city of Adoulin.

The third volume, “The Sacred City of Adoulin,” sheds insight on the history and establishment of the city, as well as some interesting demographics.

Definitely take a moment to read it over when you have some time!

Just a little over a month to go until everyone can embark on a brand new adventure!

Previous volumes:

Volume 1: The Unfurling Tales of the Mystical Waypoints

Volume 2: A Farewell to Cookies and a Greeting to Arms
    Population
    Humes: 35%
    Mithra: 25%
    Elvaan: 15%
    San d'Orian Elvaans: 10%
    Ouschrahd Galka: 10%
    Other: 5%
    Taru haters!!
    (5)

Player
    Population:
    Humes: 35%
    Mithra: 25%
    Elvaan: 15%
    San d'Orian Elvaans: 10%
    Ouschrahd Galka: 10%
    Other: 5%
    Somehow, get the feeling that Adoulin is going to have a lot of counters that my character can't see over and stairs-steps that come up to my character's chest. If I didn't know what horrible things the little guy had done, being the one who made him do them, I'd feel bad about his struggles in this new and step-ladder-less land.
    (6)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I do like how the city actually looks rather city-like, moreso than most of the others in the game. It is a bit on the gray side, but looks good overall.

Oh and any city lacking in tarutaru is okay in my book
    (2)

Character
    Tamarsamar
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 95
    You know, as an adventurer Adoulin seeking expansion promises to be the best thing ever, but I can't help but be wary when the Ministries of History and Education, Health, and Security are opposed to the idea.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    I love back in 2006 when they said Mythics would be the casual-player's alternative to Relic weapons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Armando
    No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
    FFXI Official Forums in a nutshell:

Quote Originally Posted by saevel
    The stupid is strong here.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamarsamar View Post
    You know, as an adventurer Adoulin seeking expansion promises to be the best thing ever, but I can't help but be wary when the Ministries of History and Education, Health, and Security are opposed to the idea.
    It's really not in any of those iministries' interests for that to happen- security would be opposed to the influx of foreigners, health would be opposed to the diseases and health risks those foreigners bring with them, and history/education would fear cultural damage.
    (4)

Player
    Yep, same reasons I was thinking of, makes sense why they would be opposed to the idea of a bunch of new people coming to the country.
    (1)

Character
    Lynsara
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Its too bad they used the same tilesets they used for other areas instead of making something new and refreshing like they did with toau. Especially in the city itself. But since the rest of the maps we have seen also look like a rehash of previously used areas its not too much of a surprise that the city has elements of sandy and jeuno and such. Even the statue of Altana is just cut and pasted out of the hall of the gods.

I guess we can just be thankful they didnt just plop a new color and new music on a map and call it a new zone. Still feels lazy for a game with such a cult following. Like its just a bone SE is throwing us. Then to add insult to injury they seem to try to explain it away with lore.

Oh well, beggers cant be choosers I guess.
    (3)

Character
    Sargent
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Afin View Post
    as its starting to get tiring on people that are asking this, can you please (i'll even give you a cookie) shed some light as to what are happening with the pre orders for the EU side. Because it feels like were being kept in the dark about it. Were fearing we'll not see it on release date as we can't see it in any EU store, or on the EU SE site...
    Can I just add, while there is the promise of a disc version for XBox 360, this is not yet up for pre-order on any major retailers websites (Amazon, Play etc). Can SE at least allow us to pre-order the expansion somewhere?
    (0)
    SMN99/SAM99/DNC99/PLD99/THF99
    Summoning magic skill: 545
    Hvergelmir 90

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamarsamar View Post
    Ministries of... Health, and Security are opposed to the idea.
    There's the first mission right there: waiting out the mandatory quarantine period! It lasts until the next conquest tally.
    (0)
    Nothing in the above post is intended to disparage Square Enix or FINAL FANTASY XI, or to criticize Square Enix staff; such behavior would be a violation of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement. Any such violations of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement should be reported to Square Enix immediately, by using the "Report Post" icon in the bottom-left of forum posts.

No Moogles were harmed in the making in this post. Stars save the Sibyl!

Player
    Dont... just... dont... SE can come up with their own ideas on how to make the missions suck...
    (3)

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast