Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziyyigo-Tipyigo View Post
    I don't expect Rune Fencer to have better (melee) armor options than Red Mage has.
    Then the job is already screwed, because RDM's best TP set is laughable, much to my disapointment...
    (1)

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    Then the job is already screwed, because RDM's best TP set is laughable
    It's a tank...

/sigh
    (0)
    Nothing in the above post is intended to disparage Square Enix or FINAL FANTASY XI, or to criticize Square Enix staff; such behavior would be a violation of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement. Any such violations of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement should be reported to Square Enix immediately, by using the "Report Post" icon in the bottom-left of forum posts.

No Moogles were harmed in the making in this post. Stars save the Sibyl!

Player
    It's a tank...

/sigh
    Your point? If its a tank or if its a DD, it should have the ability to use a TP set in either case, in case you haven't noticed, PLDs use TP sets too... But ok, its a tank, your still lacking a ton of tank gear on RDM. You lose access to Twilight, Nocturnus, Mekira Mek, Ogier's Helm, Laeradr, need I go on? Heavy armor has the most -DT stats per piece of any gear out there, a tank not being on it is like a healer not being on the best cure potency pieces.
    (2)

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Your point? If its a tank or if its a DD, it should have the ability to use a TP set in either case, in case you haven't noticed, PLDs use TP sets too...
    PLD uses TP sets because they can't actually tank any more; their only option is to pretend to be a DD. That will hopefully no longer be the case after Dear Developers implement the Brave New World of Enmity.

But ok, its a tank, your still lacking a ton of tank gear on RDM. You lose access to Twilight, Nocturnus, Mekira Mek, Ogier's Helm, Laeradr, need I go on? Heavy armor has the most -DT stats per piece of any gear out there
    It's a magic tank...

a tank not being on it is like a healer not being on the best cure potency pieces.
    Ninja.
    (0)
    Nothing in the above post is intended to disparage Square Enix or FINAL FANTASY XI, or to criticize Square Enix staff; such behavior would be a violation of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement. Any such violations of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement should be reported to Square Enix immediately, by using the "Report Post" icon in the bottom-left of forum posts.

No Moogles were harmed in the making in this post. Stars save the Sibyl!

Player
    PLD uses TP sets because they can't actually tank any more; their only option is to pretend to be a DD. That will hopefully no longer be the case after Dear Developers implement the Brave New World of Enmity.
    They are not getting rid of damage based enmity completely, some damage will need to come from the job in order to maintain hate, JAs cant do it all by themselves. Also, the job is using Great Sword as their main weapon, damage output is to be expected in some form, if they are only taking damage while dealing very little then they should be using Shield and Sword like a PLD, or something with more defenses built into its weapons and weaponskills.

It's a magic tank...
    Every piece I listed is a Damage Taken piece, not a PDT piece. The only exceptions to that are Nocturnus, which has Magic Absorbtion, an amazing stat, and Twilight, which has a ton of INT & MND, as well as Auto-Reraise, stats that are amazing for magic damage, and just generally surviving. I understand the idea behind it being a magic tank, I also understand however that it will not go well if it does not have the armor to do that job effectivly.

Ninja.
    You mean the evasion tank which gets access to a ton of evasion gear, as well as fast cast gear to speed up its shadows cast speed, not to mention haste gear which lowers recast? Yes, I know, it has gear that accentuates the fact it is an evasion tank whos method of tanking involves not being hit, rather than being hit and taking much less damage from it. Rune sounds as though it is going to be one of those tanks who expect to get hit, but take little damage from it, part of this is shown in my opinion by the fact it gets Phalanx. I suppose I did say it in a way that sounded differently than I intended, so allow me to clarify. A job not on the primary gear which accentuates its traits to the fullest sounds crazy and irrational, if its job is to tank magic the best, it should be on gear which is the best for doing just that. Putting it on other gear seems foolish, and only asking for it to do worse at its job then it should.
    (1)

Player
    Assuming the information thus far about Rune Fencer is spot on, I'm not sure what use the job would have for equipment used to cast Enfeebling Magic, Dark Magic, Elemental Magic, or Healing Magic. Surely, the Development Bros wouldn't put a new job almost entirely on equipment that does nothing for it...

...abandon all hope. Kill the children now so that they will not have to endure what is to come.
    (8)
    Last edited by SpankWustler; 02-23-2013 at 08:46 AM.

Character
    Tamarsamar
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 95
    In all seriousness, I fully expect Rune Fencer to be a heavy armor class, simply because the game has comparatively few heavy armor classes. To wit, compare the list of jobs that can use the Nuevo Coselete, the Mirke Wardecors, and the Royal Redingote.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    I love back in 2006 when they said Mythics would be the casual-player's alternative to Relic weapons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Armando
    No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
    FFXI Official Forums in a nutshell:

Quote Originally Posted by saevel
    The stupid is strong here.

Player
    Really same could be said of any of the sets which have come out in the last few months, they all have about 6 Heavy, 6 Mages, and 8 Light. So Rune is probably Heavy and Geo is probably Mage, be a bit more balanced then between the 3 as well.
    (0)

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Horadrim View Post
    I'm pretty sure its a yes on both of those fronts. They are like Tanky Dark Knights, it seems like. A union between a trifecta of Red Mage, Paladin, and Dark Knight.

I'd say their highest stats will be:

MND > STR > INT > VIT

Here's hoping Runes use MND. I never get to stack MND.
    Play RDM?

I'm actually doubting Rune Fencer will get heavy armor available to PLD/WAR/SAM/DRG.

From what I've seen so far, the idea seems to be this:

Imagine two intersecting, orthogonal axes, one horizontal and one vertical. The intersection point, the point of origin, is Red Mage. The horizontal axis is magical abilities; White Mage is to the right, Black Mage is to the left. The vertical axis is newish and describes melee abilities: Paladin is up and Rune Fencer is down.

They're denying Rune Fencer Protect V just as they've denied Paladin Shell V. I don't expect Rune Fencer to have better (melee) armor options than Red Mage has.
    PLD has much better TP gear than RDM. Don't see how Rune Fencer would have bad TP options. Only thing that slows PLDs down is their Shield, something Rune Fencer isn't looking at.

Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    I think it might be interesting to have a two-handed job that uses medium armor, now that both two-handed weapons and medium armor are worlds better than when Dragoon was in that position. Of course, there's a chance that will also make Rune Fencer's Resolution set the bane of all inventories.
    Yeah, I'm scared of that. CDC gear is the reason I don't use CDC on RDM. No space.

I hope they have the gear of BST instead of PUP. BST is on so much stuff. Phorcys + Skadi+1 = Happy.

I hope they add them on to stuff like NNI and Salvage gear. It would be hard to image them doing well without that or just really broken AF, Relic, and Empyrean.
    (0)
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Then the job is already screwed, because RDM's best TP set is laughable, much to my disapointment...
    Will probably be able to equip armor like blu, thf, mnk, etc has. Thaumas set....not Nares
    (0)

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast