Thread: Absorb Spells

Character
    Urteil
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

Absorb Spells

Currently anyone subbing Dark Knight can cast spells with the same potency as a Dark Knight main.

I find it preposterous that you can /DRK then do an absorb-TP as powerful as a main DRK and that Absorb-Spells gain no benefit to being a main DRK. Only from your character's base level.

Once the accuracy check is passed the potency absorbed is the same.

Absorb spells are in serious disarray as they decay, their potency is lackluster, and there is no benefit to casting them as the class that they are designed around.

Who cares about Twilight Scythe, nerf it into the ground, delete it from the game.

This is what needs to seriously be considered:

Drain III/Aspir III/Stun II/Drainga/Aspirga/Stunga/Siphon (steals hp/mp from the target and gives it to the wielder)

Absorb spells need decay removed, potency boosted and duration extended;

Absorb-SPD(Haste non stacking with other forms)/Absorb-ATK/Absorb-DEF/Absorb-Macc/Absorb-Matk/Absorb-Meva/Absorb-Mdef

Job Traits:
    Dark Celerity (multiple tiers if necessary allowing for a subbable tier, capping out at a 25%~ fast cast for Dark Magic only)
    Magic Attack Bonus I
    Elemental Celerity I
    JA Trait that boosts potency of Absorb Spells and to that extent Drain and Aspir
    (6)
    Last edited by Urteil; 01-31-2013 at 02:11 PM.

Character
    Colliex
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Add in Soul Spikes too - which are defensive spikes that steals tp from the enemy when the drk is attacked. (physical att and physical ws only)
    (1)

Player
    Nobody subs DRK for your absorb spells, rest assured. Their potency was never the issue, only the decay. +20-30ish STR is retardedly strong if they only it didn't decay. People pay several millions of gil for ~1-2 STR.
    (2)