Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alukat View Post
    okok let everyone look the same way and let everyone wear the same gear ^^
    seems like something unique isnt wanted in this game ^^
    its not like that at all. We've both said you can play how you like. However, you argued that OA4x axes were always better. Its not true.

I'm sure you have some pride in the accomplishment, I know I would. but don't let that blind you to possibilities. Gear and play however you like, but dont' be decieved into thinking its the best just because you put such good effort into it.
    (0)
    Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Character
    Alukat
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilk View Post
    its not like that at all. We've both said you can play how you like. However, you argued that OA4x axes were always better. Its not true.

I'm sure you have some pride in the accomplishment, I know I would. but don't let that blind you to possibilities. Gear and play however you like, but dont' be decieved into thinking its the best just because you put such good effort into it.
    same to u
    (0)

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    well, seems like i need to extend the math a bit

OCC 2-4 axe

1 hit = 40%
    2 hit = 30% equals 30% DA
    3 hit = 20% equals 40% DA
    4 hit = 10% equals 30% DA

alltogether that is 100% DA (of course not a true 100% DA because the attacks are staged)

OCC 2-3 attacks

1 hit = 50%
    2 hit = 30% equals 30% DA
    3 hit = 20% equals 40% DA

that would be 70% DA

now u take the mid of 100% and 70% and then u are at 85% DA

and now u can use some other gear / atma because u don't need to go for DA & TA all the time.
    u can add some more haste/str/dex/att/store tp gear and the same with atmas (or regain).

Edit: i would appreciate if u do the calc the way i did it, because it has a better overview, thx
    You have to average your actual results from each hand meaning to compare you would have at best 85% increase to damage, but you are based on weapons that are already 1/2 powered.

the point of multihit is to get tp as fast as possible and spam WS. your WS damage will be less for the weaker base damage of the weapon, your melee hits will be less for the weaker base damage of the weapon. OAX axes only affect that 1 axe. DA and TA affect both hands to start with. You are not going to WS frequently enough to make up the difference.

What gear do you think you are going to use to improve upon the damage? Haste is No1 priority for tp phase. bst have a few options for capping haste, but I already listed the most efficient way. What are you going to put in feet, ring, ear, back, belt, slots to remove the double attack (because that will impede your OAX axes) that will improve your melee damage anywhere close to compete w/ a double attack axe?
    (0)
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    same to u
    nvm, I'm done wasting my time w/ that.
    (0)
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Character
    Blowfin
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    COR Lv 90
    Basically, what Xilk said. Even before you get to 20% DA on your gear some sort of Farsha/DA axe combination is better, it's hands down the best Axe combo for BST really. This has been proven several times by several people.

If you have 20% da from gear (including the axe) and use atma of the apocalypse, a OA4 axe will NOT compete w/ a DA axe. Is this simple enough?
    The multi hit axes give you nowhere near the rates on multi hit that you've shown by the way, those figures are incorrect and way too high.

Using 2 x Multi hit axes is just gimping yourself further as your Rampages are going to be terribly weak.
    (0)
    Last edited by blowfin; 04-10-2011 at 06:21 AM.

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by blowfin View Post
    Basically, what Xilk said. Even before you get to 20% DA on your gear some sort of Farsha/DA axe combination is better, it's hands down the best Axe combo for BST really. This has been proven several times by several people.

The multi hit axes give you nowhere near the rates on multi hit that you've shown by the way, those figures are incorrect and way too high.

Using 2 x Multi hit axes is just gimping yourself further as your Rampages are going to be terribly weak.
    I'm 1/2 tempted to offhand twlight knife instead. I don't think its quite as good, but it certainly looks like more fun, and I'm still farming shinryu anyway.

3% quadruple attack is comparable to 9% double attack, so a little less there.. the attack is much lower, but so is the delay. dps comes lower than the double attack axe too... but sometimes it will absorb tp as well, which might catch it up a bit from tp gain.dagger skill is lower though... oh well, a fun thought.
    (0)
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3