Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Player
    Well thats part of the thing, the info they gave us is to little. Simply by telling us the stats and traits of Rune we could already tell if the job will be a flop or not. No Emp/Relic, meant to be a magic tank, these are 2 very hurtful things we already know about the job. Add in something more like for instance no Reflect, no 'Aegis-like' power to fend off magic, and no real offensive abilities or traits, and you can already see the job is trash from the start. In Rune's case specifically PLD and DRK are its biggest threats, and unless it has something powerful and unique that gives it a place, the job will be nothing more than something interesting for people to play around with for a few weeks till they notice their toy is broken, in a bad way.
    (1)

Character
    Helyos
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    All they can possibly release beforehand is to satisfy curiosity bit by bit, which I see absolutely no point in, seeing how it will be completely satisfied once the expansion is released.
    I agree with most of your post Arcon.

But that point you're looking for? It's called advertising.
    (1)

Character
    Hideka
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    lol they updated the GEO page today. looks like they failed hardcore and shattered my hopes and dreams for it. it is now BLM 3.0
    (0)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    No Emp/Relic, meant to be a magic tank, these are 2 very hurtful things we already know about the job.
    That REALLY depends if they allow it access to the Magian weapons (STR / OaT). If it can't use the OaT then it's DoA and nothing can really fix that. No super special newly released weapon will make a dent, at least not for the first two years or so it'll take them to fix it. We already know GEO is mostly going to be trash, it'll suffer the same issues PUP, BST and SMN do, except it can't move its "pets" and they'll just be destroyed via aoe spam.

Previewing the "new" monsters I can already see their going to be hellish with status effects. Any time you see something "new" and "unique" you can assume SE is going to attack moves that do, Paralyze + Silence + Doom + Gravity + Petrified + Death + Amnesia + Terror + All stats down + weakneed.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Character
    Mephista
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I want that hat ... I don't care about the mechanics or whatever else people will whinge and whine about ... I just want that hat
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by hideka View Post
    lol they updated the GEO page today. looks like they failed hardcore and shattered my hopes and dreams for it. it is now BLM 3.0
    I knew you'd say somthing stupid like that. It doesn't sound like that at all lmao... for one thing, how many buffs does BLM cast? Three, and they're all self buffs.

No Emp/Relic, meant to be a magic tank, these are 2 very hurtful things we already know about the job.
    It's not hurtful at all. We know there will be a new generation of overpowered superweapons.

Know more info now, know what to tell them to adjust before its here, hope they listen to the smart playerbase who plays the game.
    Honestly, you give the playerbase too much credit. A good game designer doesn't listen to everything the playerbase has to say, because the playerbase aren't game designers and don't know why things should or shouldn't work the way they do. That doesn't mean none of us aren't smart or have good ideas, of course. But read around this forum a bit and i'm sure you'll eventually see what I mean.
    (5)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 01-31-2013 at 09:53 PM.

Character
    Nyheen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    man people are so impatient. why not just wait till it come out then we find out? most new games or even movies dont tell everything about the stuff till it comes out. it like before a horror movie even comes out people wanna know who the killer etc before it hits the theaters >.>
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Honestly, you give the playerbase too much credit. A good game designer doesn't listen to everything the playerbase has to say, because the playerbase aren't game designers and don't know why things should or shouldn't work the way they do. That doesn't mean none of us aren't smart or have good ideas, of course. But read around this forum a bit and i'm sure you'll eventually see what I mean.
    I never said the entire playerbase was worth listening to or was smart, I am saying there is some reason to listen to some of us. If SE told us we were getting a new job which is meant to be a magic tank, but tanks magic worse than a PLD with Aegis, and at the same time the magic tank is not strong enough to be a front line job, I would quickly tell you that the job will not be worth playing or bringing. Rune is such a job, it sounds as though it is PLD and DRK's long lost cousin or offspring, but at the same time, due to that very idea, it seems very unlikely to work. Magic tanking is easily ruled by PLD, nothing is close to that, -87.5% Magic Damage Taken, 13% chance to nullify the damage, 10% chance to straight up absorb it, nothing Rune will have can really stand up to that. DDs are already high in number, people always want the top 4, WAR, DRK, MNK, or SAM, the others don't matter much, Rune will be with the rest I'm sure, unless a 'tank' job somehow beats out a DD job.

Rune is more important to me than Geo, Geo has a unique form of buffs which stack on our already numerous buffs, I am sure it will become another staple job in parties, or a replacement for BRD and COR when one of those can not be found. It may even become the new job to buff that is actually preferred depending on the potency of the buffs. In either case though, the main point is that without knowing some of these things, we could easily get 2 very worthless jobs. Geo looks ok to me for now so long as it has spells potent enough to actually be used. Rune however seems like it is a job which is built on failure unless they make some other core changes, such as enmity, an Aegis nerf, or changes to magic damage due to Rune being in the party. The last is the most likely and only provides so much use, because there is a certain point where gimping your forward line's DD power in return for a bit of extra defense is just not a good idea.
    (1)

9. 01-31-2013 10:51 PM

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by nyheen View Post
    man people are so impatient. why not just wait till it come out then we find out? most new games or even movies dont tell everything about the stuff till it comes out. it like before a horror movie even comes out people wanna know who the killer etc before it hits the theaters >.>
    Oh my God, I know that <<insert RNF ability here>> has a serious design oversight like Modus Veritas, now I know the ending of this expansion somehow.
    (5)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    Well thats part of the thing, the info they gave us is to little. Simply by telling us the stats and traits of Rune we could already tell if the job will be a flop or not.
    They'd have to basically release the entire job already for us to determine that. And I still don't see why we can't just decide that on release. Unless you wanna start preparing for it now, somehow.

In further depressing news, Rune Fencer is currently abbreviated RUN, for those who didn't know. It's not public yet (to my knowledge, at least), but it's that way in the DATs.
    (1)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast