(0)

Character
    Kinspawn
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 87
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Not that I don't support the Gay/Lesbian Community because I do, and I work in several establishments. I just finished DJing for Gay Pride New York City.

The thing is, this is a video game where different people from different cultures play this game. Not every culture or religion accepts sexual gender identity.

Not saying anyone is wrong for their way of thinking. But i'd imagine some people would in game harass those who did cross dress, be it that it's out of fun, or intentional out of hatred.

Take example Mathew Shepard who was tortured and murdered because of his gender due to hate crime. And even in the recent month 1 man was shot in the face in greenwhich village for being homosexual.

No matter how the world begins to accept Gay/Lesbians. There are still people out there who does not accept it.
    Highlighted important point. I don't want to derail this thread, but there are wrong ways of thinking, and your examples above show what happens when people think so wrongly that they turn those wrong thoughts into wrong actions. These are examples of wrong ways of thinking because they resulted in harming and even killing another human.

Anyone who would tease/insult/harm someone else for their way of life lacks empathy.

This doesn't mean people can't think what they like, but as a global society we have to accept the fact that we are all unique and that everyone deserves to live their life however they desire. Most well balanced, intelligent people understand this.

I think at the end of the day it is up to Square Enix and how they want to run their business. I would be very dissapointed though if they didn't have a Equality, Diversity and Integration (and public relations) unit in the company that would point these things out to them, especially when developing FFXIV:ARR which may very well be around for the next 11 years as FFXI has. By which point if they haven't at least expanded to include same sex marriages they will look very old fashioned.

There is no reason in my mind why they can't at least add make up options to male characters, and cross gender hairstyles. It's not like it would take a terribly long time to implement.
    (1)

Character
    Johngottii
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Seriously there is many things that need fixing in the game than adding some stupid hair styles so males can pretend to be girls.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Deifact View Post
    Highlighted important point. I don't want to derail this thread, but there are wrong ways of thinking, and your examples above show what happens when people think so wrongly that they turn those wrong thoughts into wrong actions. These are examples of wrong ways of thinking because they resulted in harming and even killing another human.

Anyone who would tease/insult/harm someone else for their way of life lacks empathy.

This doesn't mean people can't think what they like, but as a global society we have to accept the fact that we are all unique and that everyone deserves to live their life however they desire. Most well balanced, intelligent people understand this.

I think at the end of the day it is up to Square Enix and how they want to run their business. I would be very dissapointed though if they didn't have a Equality, Diversity and Integration (and public relations) unit in the company that would point these things out to them, especially when developing FFXIV:ARR which may very well be around for the next 11 years as FFXI has. By which point if they haven't at least expanded to include same sex marriages they will look very old fashioned.

There is no reason in my mind why they can't at least add make up options to male characters, and cross gender hairstyles. It's not like it would take a terribly long time to implement.
    Well things start off innocent, escalates to teasing, mocking, trolling, humiliation, anger, hatred, disrespect, disapproval, bullying, tormenting, profanity, harassment, sexual harassment, pedophile, As innocent as this may look to you. I've seen way too bads than good and you do know that several news reported lately the seriousness of online bullying. It might be accepted in some parts of the US, but not in every single country of the world. And we know this game has many people from different cultures.

I just think its a bad idea in my opinion.

If you really want to wear something fem, carabosse drops a nice pair of red panties.
    (0)
    Last edited by Daemon; 07-06-2013 at 11:47 AM.

Character
    Anjou
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    If you really want to wear something fem, carabosse drops a nice pair of red panties.

HEY I ENJOY THOSE!!!!
    (0)

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9