Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1

On the S-E Online Store

The news that you're offering a pre-order bonus for NA customers of Seekers of Adoulin and Ultimate Collection Seekers Edition inspires me to give you the following feedback:
    1. It seems popular enough with others, but personally I can't see any sense in "pre-ordering" and "reserving a copy" of a digital download. We're not exactly talking about a limited physical release here.
    2. I wouldn't purchase the digital download through S-E's store regardless; I personally find the DRM you put into the downloadable version of FF VII ridiculous and I'm not going to patronize an online service that would do such a thing.

But I suppose I could put in a pre-order for the (physical) Xbox 360 version regardless. Just too bad I can't order a PS2 version...
    (1)
    Nothing in the above post is intended to disparage Square Enix or FINAL FANTASY XI, or to criticize Square Enix staff; such behavior would be a violation of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement. Any such violations of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement should be reported to Square Enix immediately, by using the "Report Post" icon in the bottom-left of forum posts.

No Moogles were harmed in the making in this post. Stars save the Sibyl!

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    So I just got your latest S-E Members newsletter; kudos for headlining with FFXI!

Scrolling down, I see mention of a sale on your store, of 25% to 50% off "select titles." But what are the select titles? There are a few examples given, but nothing that appears to be a comprehensive list for this limited-time sale. I can "Learn More" about FF VII (whose DRM I wouldn't touch at any price), but that's about it.

I'd want to find things to pad an order up to the $100 needed for free shipping, but you're not making it easy.
    (0)
    Nothing in the above post is intended to disparage Square Enix or FINAL FANTASY XI, or to criticize Square Enix staff; such behavior would be a violation of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement. Any such violations of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement should be reported to Square Enix immediately, by using the "Report Post" icon in the bottom-left of forum posts.

No Moogles were harmed in the making in this post. Stars save the Sibyl!

Character
    Foryth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 90
    Per the SE Online Store, that the company you use to do the online purchases (DigitalRiver) takes a day or more to authorize a purchase is absurd.
    Having purchased the PC download version of Adoulin today, I have to wait a full day before my purchase is accepted from that company and then I can go about downloading or unlocking or whatever it is. The year is 2013, those of us using the internet, and online billing and online purchasing should never be waiting more than 10 minutes (even that is too long) for a purchase online of something digital.

I am venting frustration at the choice of rollout for this from Square-Enix. There isnt really anything *I* can do at this time except wait. Wait, and give feedback that Square-Enix needs to think about the ways that they rollout software. Steam (why Adoulin isnt on Steam I have no idea) can complete a transaction in 30 seconds and its nowhere near as convoluted as anything Ive ever dealt with on FFXI. They also do a wonderful thing called "preload", SE should look into that as well. These arent new ideas.
    /frustrated rant.
    (0)

Character
    Brawler
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    My problem with SE online store has been due to the fact that I ordered the Seekers of Adoulin expansion on March 5th and I have yet to receive it. Do not think that when you are ordering from the online store that it has anything to do with SE. I was told point blank by SE customer service they have nothing to do with it and Digital River is who I talk to. Seems strange to me that pre ordering from the company who makes the game means I get the game over a week after its been released. From my experience with both SE and Digital River over this I will never purchase anything from either of them again. Just for reference I had friend order the expansion from Amazon on March 25 and he got it on the 29th. Okies im done ranting over this.
    (0)