Hi there and stuff, Amanomurakumo/Masamune/Yoichinoyumi/Kogarasumaru owner here with (at the very least) an easy, yet reasonable recommendation for this era of the game's lifetime.

Now, back at Lv.75, Sekkanoki at five minutes was more than enough to reasonably handle any TP overflow that may have occured, and I was absolutely happy with the job ability, through and through (even with Hagun's TP Bonus being shunted on it), and I'm sure /SAM people began to adore it as well upon you guys making it a subbable ability (a smart choice in my opinion, even).

Here we are at Lv.99 on the other hand though, where capping gear haste is a staple to a standard TP set, paired with an impressive amount of DA/TA/QA (and Hasso Zanshin if you're a main Samurai) to benefit from, allowing you to cumulate TP consistently and enjoyably.

Thing is, there are of course times where you over-TP - whether it be idle, or even in combat - and therefore are left with an absurd amount of TP, and not just double, not even triple, but literally at least four more times more often than at 75, you're stuck with TP overflow.

So then - naturally - it dawns on you, "hey, let me use my job ability that solves this issue and allows me to benefit from it not just by being able to WS twice, but skillchain as well!"

...but then you notice it's on recast still because it happened not even four minutes ago.

My recommendation for Sekkanoki: Change it to 3 minutes (180 seconds) recast, from 5 minutes (300 seconds recast), for both main and support job (in case you thought I wanted this to be strictly a change to Samurai).

Now while yes - Samurai is the particular job that has over-TP'ing as a problem by far - I'm sure all the other two-handers would come along to appreciate this change as well, just as much as main Samurai in the long run, given that we're not all robots: We're all humans, and by all means it will happen here and there that you'll get around to hitting your WS button just a smidge too slow.

We're in an era of the game where this ability - while still useful - isn't nearly as impressive as it used to be, simply because of the clunky recast throwing aside its' standard, useful utility for skillchaining (and punching out extra damage in general otherwise) when here you are, needing to drop ~200% TP because obviously you can't wait a full extra minute or two for it to come back up.

Please, I'd really like to see this addressed (and perhaps changed, ideally speaking), because while nobody's pointed it out before, I'm sure many will end up savoring the idea just as much as me in the end.

-

Now, onto another little particular question I have to ask: With the ability Hagakure, is it normal for it to not grant you Save TP if you use it in conjunction with Sekkanoki? Example, say you have Hagakure and Sekkanoki on with 241% TP: You won't be at 181% after the WS, you will in fact be at 141% + your according standard TP return.

I'm just curious about this in particular, because I've felt as if this is in fact unintentional in accordance to the job ability itself, and - while it is a miniscule bug - it is still a bug nonetheless (if it is in fact one, that is).

-

Finally, on an outgoing question, though these are more-so just curiosities rather than something that I feel should be addressed: Why doesn't Samurai - the supposed TP-centric job, as proven by such abilities as Shikikoyo - not have Conserve TP, or Tactical Parry?

Yes, I know, an odd request, but still a bothersome one nonetheless, since while both job traits are honestly quite lacking (Tactical Parry more-so that Conserve TP), I'd simply love to see them paired with the job because they fit right in with the theme of the job, yet... aren't there (why does DRK - a job with the lowest tier of parrying skill - have Tactical Parry, while the job tied with NIN's parrying does not?).

--

Thank you for taking the time to read this whoever - be it player or game developer itself - because I truly do appreciate it.

-Iarumas of Asura