Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player

Quivers & Pouches ...

Is there any plans to introduce the ability to quiver & pouch all arrows,bolts, & bullets???
    (6)

Character
    Lynsara
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    They need to just do away with ammo completely like they did in xiv. Ammo, although making the game more "real" is outdated in games, its a needless expense and an inventory bane.

When I heard ammo was out the door in ARR, being a career arc/brd I did nothing but /cheer
    (3)

Character
    Toadie
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Elphy View Post
    They need to just do away with ammo completely like they did in xiv. Ammo, although making the game more "real" is outdated in games, its a needless expense and an inventory bane.

When I heard ammo was out the door in ARR, being a career arc/brd I did nothing but /cheer
    FFXI is more in line with the RPG aspects of gaming. Inventory management has always been a part of that genre. If I wanted to play a non-RPG style MMO I would be.

With that said however, I do think quivers and pouches for all ammo is a good idea as part of the existing inventory management system.
    (3)
    Each person is an individual being, capable of independent thought and unique emotion, deserving respect, dignity, and compassion in all things, at all times, and in all places.

To do anything else denies the self of its humanity.

Character
    Lynsara
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Well the current systems prevent ppl from playing jobs like rng and cor, when you have to spend 50-60k on a stack of arrows it destroys the thrill of those jobs. Which is why they did away with it in xiv, the constant cost is like penalizing a job that has no other option. A rng or cor could spend gillions on ammo quite quickly when everyone else can get a weapon and never have to invest money into it ever again.

RPG or not the concept of ammo as it is currently in this game is outdated. If nothing else ammo should be cheaper or easier to come by so it doesnt break the bank of those who really like ranged jobs
    (6)
    Last edited by Elphy; 01-29-2013 at 07:02 AM.

Character
    Toadie
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I didn't say that the ammo isn't expensive. It's my understanding that most of the endgame ammo isn't available from NPCs but crafters only. If I'm wrong, I appologize. If I'm correct though, the problem doesn't rest with SE but the player base. For a wide variety of reasons we have collectively driven the prices up on everything.

COR and RNG aren't the only jobs that get hurt by this. I point to every main and sub NIN and the cost of their tools. I point to BST and their pet jugs and pet food. I point to anyone that wants to enhance/augment their job performance with food. The list goes on for all of our consumables. Ultimately in the end, if you can't farm or craft it yourself, you're stuck breaking the bank regardless of what job you play when it comes to these supplies.

I don't know if SE can truly fix the issue of pricing when they set up the in-game economy to run on the player base. Collectively we are the ones that broke it, not SE. Ideally, we should reign ourselves in and get things back to more reasonable pricing... but once inflated its difficult to bring it back down. The only thing I could see SE being able to do at this point to mitigate the ammo cost is increase availablity of the ammo via NPC vendors. If NPCs sold a greater variety of higher level ammo at reasonable prices then perhaps we would see prices on the AH decrease to compete with the NPC prices.

In that vein of thought though, care needs to be taken in doing that so we aren't completely screwing over the dedicated crafters that have been providing the ammo and other supplies. Again, it's because the in-game economy is driven by the player base. If the NPCs provide everything we need at ridiculously low prices then we nullify the need for crafting.
    (0)
    Each person is an individual being, capable of independent thought and unique emotion, deserving respect, dignity, and compassion in all things, at all times, and in all places.

To do anything else denies the self of its humanity.

Character
    Rustic
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I don't have a problem with ammo. I do think it's silly that some ammo is quiverable/pouchable and others aren't. It -would- be nice if weapons without ammo were fireable at extremely low damage/high delay, though.

And again, it's sorta depressing that guns don't get vendor-sold ammo till L22...
    (1)
    Old-time player, new-time character- Ragnarok server.

Character
    Infidi
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    It would probably destroy the crafting market, but "having the one ammo and able to use it forever" thing ftw? Still be sucky for inventory to an extent but buy once and you're done. Unless crafters sold them for like 3mil each. XD
    (0)

Character
    Rustic
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Infidi View Post
    It would probably destroy the crafting market, but "having the one ammo and able to use it forever" thing ftw? Still be sucky for inventory to an extent but buy once and you're done. Unless crafters sold them for like 3mil each. XD
    You know what I'd like to see craftable?

Bandoliers. Like the Bandolier in Gustaberg that drops in the caskets- they'd have X charges and spit out a stack of 99 bullets every Y number of hours when used, as a belt with appropriate +RACC/+RATK/AGI bonuses as the bandolier got higher in quality.
    (4)
    Old-time player, new-time character- Ragnarok server.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadie-Odie View Post
    I didn't say that the ammo isn't expensive. It's my understanding that most of the endgame ammo isn't available from NPCs but crafters only. If I'm wrong, I appologize. If I'm correct though, the problem doesn't rest with SE but the player base. For a wide variety of reasons we have collectively driven the prices up on everything.
    It does in a way though, the game designs limit the availability of many high level base items which drive up their price (like Orichalcum ores and ingots). The rarity drives up the market, not price gouging. If anything, you need to HQ Orichalcum bullets on my server to even see a real profit if you craft and sell them. Otherwise you spend 80k to buy an ingot and sell the stack of bullets for 90k, which is practically not even worth the trouble. It also doesn't help that bullet materials share other uses as well for making hard to HQ items/skillup recipes etc. further depleting the supply.
    (2)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadie-Odie View Post
    Collectively we are the ones that broke it, not SE. Ideally, we should reign ourselves in and get things back to more reasonable pricing... but once inflated its difficult to bring it back down. The only thing I could see SE being able to do at this point to mitigate the ammo cost is increase availablity of the ammo via NPC vendors. If NPCs sold a greater variety of higher level ammo at reasonable prices then perhaps we would see prices on the AH decrease to compete with the NPC prices.
    Crafters can't just sit there buying materials off the AH and then selling the finished product, they have to think of the value of their time. You sit somewhere crafting for two hours (gathering a large amount of materials, muling, crafting, bagging) and you better be making at least as much profit as you could have got Fishing for the day or going to Dynamis.

NPC availability will only bring the price down so much before players just decide that crafting any ammo isn't worth it in the first place, like it is now for some of the more high end ammunition.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustic View Post
    And again, it's sorta depressing that guns don't get vendor-sold ammo till L22...
    Generally I'm not very interested in bullets being sold from the NPC, but there is no reason Bronze Bullets (the level 1 bullets) shouldn't be sold from NPC. High level bullets can be a premium that requires other players, but a base bullet should always be sold just like arrows and bolts.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustic View Post
    You know what I'd like to see craftable?

Bandoliers. Like the Bandolier in Gustaberg that drops in the caskets- they'd have X charges and spit out a stack of 99 bullets every Y number of hours when used, as a belt with appropriate +RACC/+RATK/AGI bonuses as the bandolier got higher in quality.
    The usage time on the Bronze Bandolier needs to be decreased, 24 hours is absurd for an item with limited charges.

Bandoliers are a great idea, but they'd probably be a pain to make right, since recipes are limited to eight slots. I could imagine a highish level belt type item crafted with seven bullet pouches making a bandolier with eight pouches of bullets that you can dispense fairly quickly, maybe on a belt that has a latent +RACC/+RATK/AGI bonus that depletes when the belt does.

Another fix on bullet availability is that seen in The Grand Crafting Adjustment Thread, as follows:

Quote Originally Posted by Economizer View Post
    This will be particularly important for Ninja Tools, although making Bolts, Bullets, and Arrows will also greatly benefit. Bolts and arrows could probably be from an adjusted or renamed "Boltmaker" while bagging toolbags and casing cards could be from a new "Bagging" or "Bundling" KI that all crafts can obtain.

Alchemy

The proposed Bagging KI would apply mostly to Jusatsu, Kodoku, Sairui-Ran, Tsurara tools, but would also be useful for Fire Cards, Earth Cards, Water Cards, Wind Cards, Ice Cards, Thunder Cards, Light Cards, Dark Cards, as well as Copper Bullets, Bronze Bullets, Bullets, Tin Bullets, Iron Bullets, Steel Bullets, Silver Bullets, Spartan Bullets, Paktong Bullets, Electrum Bullets, Gold Bullets, and Platinum Bullets, allowing the user to make vast quantities of each much more easily.
    The basic idea is that you'd be able to craft entire stacks of bullets much faster without having to use Synergy, and as an added bonus, they'd be pre-bagged.

You want to cut the cost of bullets? Remove a significant part of the time required to make them and you'll see them become cheaper.
    (2)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast