Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99

Allow jug pets called with Guttler 99 equiped to have a sub job

The title says it all. We spend so much time, effort and gil in making a guttler and it does nothing for our pet. Giving jug pets a subjob won't be a game breaker and will properly reward guttler users for their efforts.

Like to get this idea noticed.
    (7)

Character
    Dauntess
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Seems kind of pointless though. How would each pets SJ be picked? I will agree that Guttler and Farsha do need something pet related added to them. I always thought the relic axe (now empyrean as well) should offer something beneficial to your pet. Now with the "Rise of the Perle BST" I believe it even more.

This job has always been overlooked because of how strong pets are against lower level mobs. With all these Perle's running around the community was actually talking about nerfing BST (more). Putting Augments on those 2 axes will help BST get a boost, but not give it to the Perle's. The augments added shouldn't infringe on Aymur's top status though. Maybe the BST community can come up with some ideas.
    (2)
    Last edited by Dauntess; 01-28-2013 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dauntess View Post
    Seems kind of pointless though. How would each pets SJ be picked?
    Based on which subjobs are common for wild animals of the same family, I guess.
    (1)

Character
    Gippo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Allow for the summoning of 2 pets with the call beast ability if you have guttler equipped.
    Each pet must be called with a seperate "call beast" ja.

Limit these pets to where they must be the same pet. This will allow the current mechanics of all ja's to still work properly.
    (1)

Character
    Engelmond
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 17
    Grants a subjob? Interesting idea. I'm working hard towards 99'ing my Guttler, so I humbly await what SE decides to do (If they ever do anything, lol).
    (0)

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    subjob would be easiest to be based off player subjob like drg/w relic mail. but then again /dnc and /mage won't really help much.

Also, the choke effect from guttler gives a Vit down. This does help the pet do more damage.
    (0)
    Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Character
    Raborn
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Fix Farsha First.
    FFS FFF Campaign!
    (5)

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Guttler was a bad idea if you made it and expected it to the best. The only Relic that is allowed to break that rule is Ragnarok. Aymur/Farsha is the better overall combo and enhances your pet/reward set while keeping your DPS. Guttler is the easiest of the 3 axes to make and cheapest to 99. It shouldn't be hard to see why it's not the best, even though it is still very good. If you wanted anything that would make sense, it would be to adjust the Aftermath of Onslaught to be a real duration.

I also second fixing Farsha before anything else on BST.

And if any pet job is going to get double pets, it's DRG for sweet Double Dragon references. Also Mamoolja can already do it. =)
    (0)
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

Player
    I'd rather the three axes be pushed into their own niches than just be made more similar to Aymur. Something like:

Guttler - This axe should be best for hitting things in a generic fashion and do nothing else. I'm not sure what could be fiddled with that wouldn't touch a property shared by all Relic weapons, other than maybe changing Onslaught to a STR modifier and/or upping the potency of Onslaught's aftermath.

Aymur - This axe should be best for pets and still really good for hitting things, and it is! Cool!

Farsha - This axe should be a sad reminder that there is a crazy person amongst the Development Bros and that he made Cloudsplitter. It should be a monument to nihilism and misery and eating at Arby's and depression and fatalism and dying from dehydration due to chronic, uncontrollable diarrhea and Sisyphus and Sisyphus's rock. There should be wieners drawn on it in crayon. This axe should learn to talk, like Relic weapons in cut-scenes, so it can tell its wielder how sad it feels to exist and that its sorry about all the Heavy Metal Plates that went into it and that it wishes every night to wake up the next morning as an Ukonvasara.

Farsha is sorry that it ate all your Red Curry Buns while stored in the darkest depths of your mog house, but the empty feeling in its stomach was mimicking the emptiness in its heart and soul and had to be filled. Farsha is so, so sorry.
    (3)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ManaKing View Post
    Aymur/Farsha is the better overall combo and enhances your pet/reward set while keeping your DPS.
    What the hell are you smoking, and where can I get some? DA+11 ganelon, STR magian, Pet STR magian, and even occ attacks twice ganelon are going to be far better than offhanding what is essentially just a high base damage axe. Especially an axe you had to use 1500 heavy metal pates and 60 riftcinders on to get just the high base damage axe.

I'm still waiting on SE's suggestion of Guttler dispensing a unique relic jug pet. But good luck with that.
    (2)
    Last edited by Louispv; 02-27-2013 at 05:07 AM.