Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Can't believe i forgot sheep song. Yeah, that thing is pretty important.
    (0)

Character
    Trumpy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    i have been told ( i dont know what it really gives) that bludgeon gives bout 18ish TP to the mob. so i usually use it especially if it doesnt do much dmg. if it kills mobs too fast i resort to soemthing else. i usually use a 1 dmg club or fist or soemthign weak for tp feeding.

as for rates of learning it really is jsut random luck. it took me like 15 shade mobs to learn dimensional death. its their only tp move. bombs have 2 moves. i let one hit me while i was turned for an hour before it stopped usin berserk and used self destruct. it used berserk soooooooooooo many times. Some spells are just stubborn. but your biggest problem will be can you survive fightin them or if they have 15 different tp moves and you never see the one you need.

when i was a young blue i tried to have them use the move as many times as possible before i killed them but all they really need to do is use it once. some spells u just have trouble learning and others are 1/1. usually if my skill is capped i learn within 5 times of seeing it. alot of times once. but when i was leveling before 75 cap was removed i always learned all my spells before i could use them (all of them even if they werent useful) until i got to the 50s and there were spells you could not solo. like dragons were hard to learn body slam at the time for me. but im more of a completionist.

I am prolly a bad blu but i dont mess with the enfeebles as much or buffs except the main ones like refresh haste cocoon (sometimes cocoon feels short and i just forget about it cause i get tired of casting it so often) ect... but alot of good blus use them.
    (0)
    Last edited by Trumpy; 02-03-2013 at 12:04 PM.

Character
    Dhragon
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Since I always had the assistance of my wife (either tanking or healing), when I was bringing the job up, I would stop every 10 levels and learn all the spells that I could ahead of my current level. The amount of time spent capping my skills and learning my spells didn't bother me. It was all about having all the spells for me. I knew if I had all the spells I could know before I got to that level, I'd be able to keep evolving my spell setup as I reached those higher levels.

But each player is different on how/why they leveled their Blu in the manner that they did. Just don't let the times when you spend hours trying to learn one spell wear on you. Thankfully, for me, it didn't happen that often and I actually enjoyed spell farming (since I usually didn't have any other reason to fight certain mobs).

I'm currently only missing one spell, Tourbillion. Just not having any luck getting a Khimmy spawn in Nyzul.
    (0)

Character
    Trumpy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    yea i think i only lack the unbridled knowledge moves (only some of them)
    (0)

Character
    Aeonknight
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhragon View Post
    I'm currently only missing one spell, Tourbillion. Just not having any luck getting a Khimmy spawn in Nyzul.
    Best bet would be to do your assault rank ups to get to First Lieutenant. I'll take 4 100% attempts at khimaira over 4 33% attempts any day.
    (1)

Character
    Monarch
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Artaniss View Post
    Hey guys, been reading the boards and was wondering how hard this class is? Is it expensive to level, and how hard is it to obtain spells. Also I just started playing and my highest character is 35 so am I still to new to play this job? And can the Blue solo well? From what I read the RDM at one time was the solo class and I was just wondering if the blue is good enough to do so? Please let me know.

Oh, and is the job quest hard to complete for a 34 DNC , 35 WHM or a 33 SCH? Thanks...
    Personally, I played all the jobs that weren't melee only-styled jobs. I wasn't ready for it. Blue is more about understanding the roles in the game. Everyone's role. Blue's can solo well, but perhaps, they were built to play in gangs. I think almost all jobs can solo these days.
    (0)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3