Player

Jump system suggestion

Drg specializes in jumps, our wyvern can take more of a beating than us.

instead of the usual "we need a boosting ability" suggestion I would like to propose that you revamp drg's fighting style to fit in line with your model of dragoon

please bear with me ill put it all together at the end and it is a work in progress so im reserving the next few spots in the post for adding things

-Reduce casting time on drg's jumps while lowering damage slightly (we have a myraid of gear that allows us to increase our damage and effects of our jumps)

Drgs are fairly frail when it comes to other classes when we take damage and our resistances to magic is paltry, we don't have alot of abilities that allow us to survive for long periods of time without the use of a SJ. Reducing time on jumps would encourage us to be at a distance when needed and allow us to remain consistant in damage when we are not swinging our polearm.

-Provide our jumps a combo system where doing one jump effects another jump in a different way.

in an example i use super jump and if i follow that up with a jump afterwards i ignore 25% of the enemies defense. or i use jump followed by a high jump and increase my chances of a DA on high jump. or i use a high jump followed by a soul jump and i give the person behind me enimity suppresion for 10 seconds

This encourages us to think about what we use for different situations and also encourages us to use less merited abilities like super jump and helps us specialize in different jump tactics allowing for a variety of drg playstyles

Here is a really nice one that i myself would like to see implemented and gives us a traditional drg feel.

-give us an ability only usable while using Super jump

this is one i thought of :

Lance throw: impales the target with the drg's lance doing a gradual damage over time while airborne that gives no enimity and is based on the weapons base damage."

so for three seconds we dull out 300-400 damage or more depending on our weapon make the ability auto and have it only usable every other super jump so a 6-7 min internal CD

- Strato Dive: our weapons are imbued with a powerful random en-effect upon landing.

You can either make it relavant to what type of day it is or what weather is currently going or based on zone. provide us with w/e enspell we desire by having a sch cast a specific elemental storm on us before we super jump.

- allow us to merit increased airtime for all our jumps and introduce lance throw for all our jumps while maintaing 6-7 min internal CD on the auto ability. and for strato dive the longer you are in the air determines how powerful the enspell is and the duration.
    (1)
    Last edited by Umichi; 01-28-2013 at 09:09 AM.

Player
    Super jump not require a target. (Thaichi)

ill throw in everyone else's ideas here and credit each individual

please try to keep it relevant to the jump system!
    (0)
    Last edited by Umichi; 01-31-2013 at 11:45 PM.

Player
    Seems difficult to implement and the way Super Jump works, you're out of range of the target, and it doesn't last that long. I can't see them adjusting airtime for Super Jump since it makes us completely invulnerable for 5 seconds, it seems exploitable+there's never been any kind of update like this before to any other job where there's a complete overhaul of an ability functionally/cosmetically of this nature which reeks of "it's beyond the core coding of this game/ps2 limitations".

The only way I could see this happening is if Jumps gave a buff that could wear off 3-5 seconds after to allow combo potential otherwise how would the game know if you super jumped 10sec ago or 20 hours ago for this 'combo' to work? It seems like a pretty big overhaul to implement, not that its bad but it doesn't seem likely that they could implement such a fundamental change of this nature given the age of the game and the sheer amount of testing that could be done. Really the only kinds of job changes they can do at this point(to any job in general) is to modify and change values(power, recast, cast time, mp cost, accuracy, range) of various spells and job abilities.

But to change core structures of abilities such as implementing an after-use combo system to existing abilities, they'd have to do it from the ground up. If they wouldn't even make it so that Treasure Hunter Procs would show in the log for thf weapon skills, I doubt they'd ever implement this. At best you could suggest rudimentary changes for Jumps and explain your logic/reasoning there: i.e increasing jump range/power/recast/TP etc, but the best suggestions I think are simple and effective ones, keeping in mind previous job updates for your range of plausible updates. Because of the nature of Super Jump's status "can't act on target; target can't act on you", I doubt there'd be a way to circumvent that to use an ability on the target such as lance throw. Keep in mind states and statuses are usually universal i.e not only cant you use abilities during super jump but you can't use items, move, disengage, initiate chat dialogue or open doors.

A good guideline for your idea is to compare your proposed changes to previous changes to other jobs or to use other job abilities or spells from other existing jobs as a rubric. Are there any other instant-use damaging job abilities that also grant a buff to the user for example?
    (0)

Player
    I think i suggested that lance throw and strato dive be an auto use ability as soon as you activate super jump, perhaps they could make it a choice between the two and have it as a merit ability.

as far as overhauling the job i wouldn't mind if they spent a few years working on the coding for this as the change would be benificial for our job and it would not be the typical I need more damage to keep up kind of update.

increasing the range on super jumps would be awesome.

I think the main reason SE doesnt acknowledge certain aspects for drg and other job classes is because of the fact that we suggest such rudimentarary adjustments that are in the box ideas. SE is looking to maximize the potential of our jobs through functionality not through whats better damage.. I'm merely throwing in suggestions. i understand you want to use a logical view when it comes to things like this..... but if nothing radical is ever suggested than nothing radical ever changes. and also if you didn't notice SE uses a very traditional RPG style of implementing combat codes into the game that correlate with each other. i'm sure they can adapt a systems coding from some other ability or what not that helps us to this effect... after all ninjas can now see their shadows dancers can see their finishing moves

idk why you couldnt just get a buff icon that tells you "This just happened, when used with another ability said buff icon does this" and then it wipes when you met the specific requirements of the buff icon.

and things like lance throw wouldn't need a new look for it to happen. just have a hit confirmation graphic on the mob as your doing the Super jump a debuff appears on the mobs side until the specific duration of the super jump is complete then boom it's gone
    (0)

Player
    On the contrary, radical ideas=time and time=money. The reason why they don't do radical overhauls is because a radical overhaul takes tons and tons of hours of debugging and testing compared to simply introducing something that already exists in a similar form. Strategem's charges existed in the system as Quickdraw charges so they only had to copypasta that code. Introducing a large number of simultaneous overhauls for a single job needs careful balancing, it's more complex than just adjusting a value of a modifier in a WS or adding a tier of a trait.

Seeing SE's track history, although this is a well thought out idea, nothing on this scale has ever been done before. The closest was when they reinvented SCH back in 2006/2007 but all they did was add spells/lower spell level requirements, change the parameters and potency of Sublimation and such. It's not what you're suggesting is bad, but it's a bit more complex than anything that currently exists in the game, and it might be outside of the range of the base code of the game seeing as no job really has anything like what you're currently suggesting. Maybe if it was something akin to Dancer's steps->finishing moves->flourish it would be easier for devs to understand. Also remember the community reps need to translate your post so devs understand it clearly and easily in terms and ways they can understand, it helps to use comparisons to current existing abilities as a reference point.
    (0)

Player
    but that's the thing... we have no clue how SE codes their games... i think we know they have code lines and what not but i believe SE is truly capable of these changes. and i honestly think the suggestions aren't as complicated to implement.

but i digress. this thread isn't about wether or not SE can or will implement this... this is just a suggestion thread and with that i'd like to keep it this way.... I apologize if this angers you and your more than welcome to continue posting about what you want on the topic, but please try to keep it relavant to improving the suggestions and not shooting me down from the get go.
    (0)

Character
    Kelga
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    The only thing I would like in terms of changing super jump is not needing a target. Many a times in legion I would like to use Super Jump to avoid a devastating attack, for whatever reason or third mob is attacking while our group is finishing off our first. I would have to tab through party and alliance members just to target the enemy. Yes, I know F8 works, but there's situations where the person in my alliance has claimed a mob and and big aoe spell is targetting him and running toward the mob isn't feasible since we're trying to pull it for positioning or whatnot. Just for convenience sake, Super Jump would be great as a self target ability. I mean I could list off many many reasons and various situations as to why this change would be great, but Legion is the only example I can think of right now.
    (2)
    NIN99 - Kannagi (80) 2-2-11 | (85) 2-9-11 | (90) 5-23-11
    SAM99 - Masamune (80) 6-10-11 | (85) 7-23-11 | (90) 9-18-11 | (95) 4-29-13
    - Yoichinoyumi (75) 8-27-13 | (80) | (85) | (90) | (95) | (99)
    DRG99 - Ryunohige (75) 1-12-13 | (80/85) 1-13-13 | (90/95) 1-14-13 (99) 1-19-13 (119) 1-5-14
    BLU99 - Almace (80) 4-5-12 | (85) 4-15-12

Quote Originally Posted by ThaiChi View Post
    The only thing I would like in terms of changing super jump is not needing a target. Many a times in legion I would like to use Super Jump to avoid a devastating attack, for whatever reason or third mob is attacking while our group is finishing off our first. I would have to tab through party and alliance members just to target the enemy. Yes, I know F8 works, but there's situations where the person in my alliance has claimed a mob and and big aoe spell is targetting him and running toward the mob isn't feasible since we're trying to pull it for positioning or whatnot. Just for convenience sake, Super Jump would be great as a self target ability. I mean I could list off many many reasons and various situations as to why this change would be great, but Legion is the only example I can think of right now.
    I believe that the reason it's an enemy target is that you only shed hate from that 1 target.
    (0)

Player
    i see no reason why super jump couldn't shed hate from everything around you vs target creature. or perhaps last creature touched?
    (0)

Character
    Kelga
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    You can Super Jump on a mob that you've done no action to, you'd just land on it with no effect. I'd really just be wanting something that, instead of having to find a target, I could use as a self buff. As for the issue with single target, you could Sonic Thrust a group of mobs, have someone cure you, and Super Jump -- they'd trail off to that person.
    (1)
    NIN99 - Kannagi (80) 2-2-11 | (85) 2-9-11 | (90) 5-23-11
    SAM99 - Masamune (80) 6-10-11 | (85) 7-23-11 | (90) 9-18-11 | (95) 4-29-13
    - Yoichinoyumi (75) 8-27-13 | (80) | (85) | (90) | (95) | (99)
    DRG99 - Ryunohige (75) 1-12-13 | (80/85) 1-13-13 | (90/95) 1-14-13 (99) 1-19-13 (119) 1-5-14
    BLU99 - Almace (80) 4-5-12 | (85) 4-15-12