Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Lokithor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

Level Sync when solo

I'm just starting my Fire GAxe trials. Everyone knows the challenge in doing fire magians - fire weather is woefully under represented in Vanadiel. So, for the most part, those doing fire trials are stuck with the slowwww grind of 1 point per kill on firesday.

What would help would be to change level sync so that you could synch down even when solo (set your level to any level less than your current level). This would open up the options for magians to other regions where the mob level is too low for those that don't have someone of the right job level to sync to.

Rather than add an option to Party Sync, it would probably be easier to do this in the job selection menu, only when in your mog house. You could set your main job level to any value less than your max. It would then be possible for a party to sync down to that person's level.
    (15)
    Last edited by Lokithor; 01-28-2013 at 03:49 AM.

Character
    Waldrich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Game Break!
    (0)

Forgive my brazilian english, if that matter.

Character
    Frankbrodie
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    This idea sort of has merit. I do agree though that it would somewhat break the challenge of the game completely. What's left of it with uber fast leveling now.

I always cheat on the hard ones and do that in a roundabout way anyway. Just level sync to a mule on my other account.
    Sheep trials are way easier in Ronfaure for instance.
    (0)
    nunc est bibendum

Character
    Lokithor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankbrodie View Post
    This idea sort of has merit. I do agree though that it would somewhat break the challenge of the game completely. ...
    Rather than break the challenge, maybe having this ability could create challenge. If you think outside of Magian trials, this feature could be used to set your level down in order to increase difficulty of old content.
    (2)

Character
    Ryce
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    This idea has been brought up before on these forums, and I've been against it. It doesn't facilitate group play (the reason they gave us Level Sync in the first place) and it opens up a world of exploitation.

The more I think about it, however, it may be a welcome feature in today's XI. Magian trials, reliving old content, breaking latents on trial weapons, farming beastman seals... there are a lot of things that could be done with this.
    (1)

Character
    Lynsara
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokithor View Post
    Rather than break the challenge, maybe having this ability could create challenge. If you think outside of Magian trials, this feature could be used to set your level down in order to increase difficulty of old content.
    why would they take the time to program a feature that maybe 1% of the playerbase will use and 1% may even be a stretch. Their time would be better spend making actual difficult content for lvl 99 that cant be easily exploited by something like embrava

As for magians trials, they arent a challange to begin with, just a tedious time sync and being able to sync down in places like east ron make them at least somewhat fast. The only drawback is that it would flood starter zones with magians ppl making lvling for anyone low lvl near impossible. Lest we forgot the days trying to lvl in colibri camps when ppl would swarm them for weapons trials
    (2)
    Last edited by Elphy; 01-29-2013 at 01:30 AM.

Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Waldrich View Post
    Too much fun!
    Fixed for accuracy.

Also, weather effects don't trigger in starter zones. Don't let that stop you from making huge sweeping generalizations and predicting a hypothetical future though.
    (1)
    Last edited by Caketime; 01-29-2013 at 02:38 AM.

Character
    Rustic
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    The big one here is actually really simple. Casket farming.

Set yourself to easymode on the zone in question for whatever page you prefer. Rack up maximum prowess. Ravage zone endlessly for rare shinies at near zero risk. But hey, if you want to make it easy for me to farm that...be my guest and get S-E on it.
    (0)
    Old-time player, new-time character- Ragnarok server.

Character
    Toadie
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Unless they made it a book buff with a timer that took away prowess effects when it wore off?

However with boss fights that had their level caps lifted, it would be nice to have the option to have the old level cap imposed when entering the fight.
    (1)
    Each person is an individual being, capable of independent thought and unique emotion, deserving respect, dignity, and compassion in all things, at all times, and in all places.

To do anything else denies the self of its humanity.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Or just add more places with fire weather with a wider range of mobs and higher level ranges. Syncing yourself down, whether by yourself or with someone else doesn't really solve the problem of there just isn't enough of it to go around. You shouldn't have to sync down at all to find valid targets for your trials.

From the looks of it, Audolin is probably going to have some places where fire weather makes sense.
    (3)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 01-29-2013 at 03:38 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast