Player

Need forum issue resolved

Hello!

I have had an issue that I have been trying to resolve for over a year now. Last January I was banned from the Final Fantasy XIV official forums because of "too many warnings". A few of the things I got banned for were taken entirely out of context and one of the warning I had actually not done anything wrong but was worded to where I was "attacking someone" which was not my intent at the time. The other problem is, I was not even given a chance to talk about these warnings to anyone. They just banned me. That us pretty unfair, especially when I'm paying for a service, I should have a right to talk about whatever issues are against me.

So I send an email trying to see who I can contact to resolve this, and of course I get told to call the support center. So I call the support center, who I have never had a problem with, but when I ask them to connect me to someone who admins, or moderates the forums, they tell me they dont know! How is this possible? How do you send someone an email to contact your support center and then they say they dont know how to get in contact with anyone from the forums? In your own company? I even tried the online chat a few times and they said they could not help me either. How are people supposed to get issues like this resolved if your own company can't contact people in it's own company?

Anyways, I recently started playing FFXI with a friend, and upon browsing the POL website I noticed XI too has forums. So I am hoping one of the reps or moderators here can finally help me resolve this issue by giving me some way to contact someone to discuss this issue.
    (0)
    Last edited by PrettyPrincess; 01-28-2013 at 06:14 AM.

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

><)))°€

Teegrins, PrettyPrincess!

While waiting for an official reply (which one might guess will say more or less the same as what I am going to write), I thought I'd ask if you actually used the FORUM sub-category of In-Game/Game Contents at the Support Centre/Center when you went for the eMail support?

I would imagine that to be the intended route for matters such as this (they certainly can not handle any account related issues here). There is also the Disciplinary Actions sub-category under Account/Billing that may or may not be related. In the end, I think they should be able to forward you to whomever the matter belongs to regardless, but things aren't always so good (sadly). If they are not able to assist you, you could perhaps request for the contact information of any related 'higher-ups'.

Someone has to know if there is any hope left for you.

With that said, I'm afraid I might also guess that there really is no one that can help you, if you clearly violated the Square Enix Account Terms of Use, and/or the FINAL FANTASY XI Forum Guidelines.

I wish you the bestest luck, and hope for that the banishment isn't of the permanent kind. ^^;

(Also, welcome (back¿) to FINAL FANTASY XI ! !! !)
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Hello Cynn/PrettyPrincess,

We are sorry you are having troubles with your FINAL FANTASY XIV forum account and wish for a review. I regret to inform you that we are not able to offer information on banned accounts as we have a strict PlayOnline Privacy Policy. This policy prohibits us from discussion action taken on accounts unless we can verify we are talking to the customer who registered the account/forum name. The only way we are able to verify this information is if you contact the Support Center, I am terribly sorry.

In addition, we are not allowed to discuss action taken on accounts in a manner that would reveal the information to others, such through a Forum conversation; this would be violating the Privacy Policy as well. At this point, I am afraid, you will need to contact our Support Center once again.

Here is our PlayOnline Privacy Policy for your review: http://support.na.square-enix.com/ru...tag=polservice

I can let you know we have already alerted the Support Center to the fact that one of our customers will be reaching out to them regarding a Banned FINAL FANTASY XIV forum account, so we hope this helps the situation further.

While I understand your wish to be heard, we will be closing this thread as we have offered you a resolution to your concern. In addition, any further threads about this matter will also be closed.

As there were a few comments that were a bit off topic, we have removed them from this thread, as well.

Thank you, again, for reaching out and we hope you are able to find the resolution you seek.

-SGM Jhanaka
    (0)