Player

FFXI Ultimate Collection Seekers Edition - Question

Hi there, I'm not sure if this is the place to put this but I was wondering if one pre-orders the Seekers Edition if they will receive access to FFXI immediately? This is where FFXI website now directs me when trying to purchase a copy of the game. Thanks!
    (0)

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    No, you'll still have to download and install the software. Do that before the content goes live, however, and you'll have "immediate."
    (0)
    Nothing in the above post is intended to disparage Square Enix or FINAL FANTASY XI, or to criticize Square Enix staff; such behavior would be a violation of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement. Any such violations of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement should be reported to Square Enix immediately, by using the "Report Post" icon in the bottom-left of forum posts.

No Moogles were harmed in the making in this post. Stars save the Sibyl!

Player
    Ah okay, I think that answers my question but just in case - if I purchase this now then I will receive my keys to play now and have access to Seekers when it goes live later in March, correct?
    (0)

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    OK, basing this on my experience with the Abyssea Edition:
    1. You place your pre-order with whomever.
    2. On release date, you'll have access to download the game.
    3. At the time of download, you'll also be presented with your product keys: one that gives complete access to all expansion packs and add-ons, and one (or more) for in-game swag (e. g. Destrier Beret)
    4. After or during the download from e. g. Steam, you go into your S-E Account page and put in the codes you got from Steam (or however it works with Steam; I used Amazon).
    5. After you finish the Steam download, you run the Windows installation program.
    6. Then you can play everything that is accessible at the time; the Adoulin content on the server won't go live until a day or so after the release.
    7. There will be an FFXI update through PlayOnline (usual stuff) when Adoulin is released. After this update, provided you've already put in the product code form Steam into your S-E account, that's it.

If you already have old stuff installed (say, through Wings of the Goddess), you can choose to only install Adoulin after the Steam download. You'll still need to put in the new product code to your S-E Account, though.
    (0)
    Nothing in the above post is intended to disparage Square Enix or FINAL FANTASY XI, or to criticize Square Enix staff; such behavior would be a violation of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement. Any such violations of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement should be reported to Square Enix immediately, by using the "Report Post" icon in the bottom-left of forum posts.

No Moogles were harmed in the making in this post. Stars save the Sibyl!