Character
    Kithra
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 14

Odin - new player looking LS and general guidance.

Hey guys Im pretty much a new player. I played several years ago but I have no clue what I'm doing now haha. Would appreciate any guidance and a LS would be nice as well . Thanks!
    (0)

Player
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...r-FFXI-in-2012 This would be a good place to get started.
    (0)

Character
    Kithra
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 14
    Thanks for the Link. I've been reading up on it. I guess I'm just curious if anyone is doing leveling groups at lower level zones or will i need to pretty much solo most of the way?
    (0)

Character
    Rustic
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by chaser446 View Post
    Thanks for the Link. I've been reading up on it. I guess I'm just curious if anyone is doing leveling groups at lower level zones or will i need to pretty much solo most of the way?
    Gusgen is pretty much occupied 24/7 at the entrance, Crawler's Nest much the same way.

And if you DO solo, I heartily suggest Dangruf Wadi. You can literally go 2-22/23ish in there going, and any blue or brown treasure caskets you pop open will be pleasant ones containing potent items (or at least ones that'll vendor/AH for quite nice chunks of Gil). I just did 11-22 on my BLM in there, and I vendored about 20K in general treasure plus I'm looking at another 100K+ in AH-sold drops (wild onions, gausebit grass, hermit's rings). At 14th, you're right on target for the zone- do a few levels with the goblin/crab page until the crabs are TW, then rarabs/leeches for the rest, slapping the inevitable gobbies that get in the way for supplemental xp/treasure.

Doing so many levels in a row in one dungeon area builds up prowess buffs to the point where what might have been tough otherwise gets smooth as silk, especially with book buffs. When I did monk in there, I brought a stack of meat mithkabobs and just rampaged.
    (0)
    Old-time player, new-time character- Ragnarok server.