oh... well then... carry on...
    (0)

Character
    Kalsena
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I'd just be happy with a 2-3 buff wiping version. Fighting sandworms can suck when you need to dispel 50 different buffs after they suck 'em off your party. :/
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by hollowsgrief View Post
    Of course then again, you know that if SE did give rdms dispel II that schs would cry that they didn't get it lol.
    Let them cry. Lols. RDMs were the original Dispelers (Besides BRDs) We need another Dispel spell. And, I am sure if we got Dispel II, BRDs would get Magic Finale II. But, if it is just RDMs and BRDs getting another Tier to Dispel, I wouldn't mind.
    (0)
    "The only reason why I kill you is because.....you pointed your sword at my pride." -Byakkya-
    "The only thing for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." -Alucard-
    I love idiots. Oh wait, no I don't. Idiots are stupid. XD lols
    Red Mage, White Mage, and Samurai Princess.
    90 RDM, 90 WHM, and 90 SAM - All well equiped.

Character
    Koren
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    How about Dispel II not only getting rid of an effect like normal, but also locks the target out of receiving the buff again for a certain amount of time? Say you're fighting a NM that casts Shock Spikes on itself. You can Dispel II it and for 2 minutes, even if it casts Shock Spikes again, it'll not get the effect. Think it may have a little more utility than a random 2-3 buffs removed, more so if you get a spam-happy buffing mob that wastes TP trying to strengthen itself.
    (0)

Character
    Kalsena
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    2 minutes might be a bit too long, but 30s could be workable. Kind of the inverse to WHM's status healing offering an 80% resist chance with their Divine Caress ability.
    (0)

Maybe instead of Dispel, a spell version of Aura Steal would be interesting.

Not sure how practical it would be to program, but a spell that inflicts a debuff opposite whatever you dispelled would be nice as well. Like if you dispel a Berserk effect it gains a -atk debuff instead. Extra points if it blocks the buff from being reapplied for the duration of the debuff.
    (0)

Character
    Kalsena
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Well, BLU does get Voracious Trunk, so Aura Steal in spell form does exist to some degree. The latter idea makes me think of Reverse, where in XII a cure spell would hurt you while damage would cure you. While a debuff of the same name shouldn't carry that effect, reversing the effect of personal buffs could be interesting. Just tricky deciding what it'd do for things like Stoneskin or Spectral Barrier.
    (0)

A debuff that causes the monster to take double damage for X amount of HP?

and Blink could be a debuff that grants the effect of a 100% zanshin to whoever is hitting it until the players miss X amount of times against the monster.
    (0)

Character
    Insaniak
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Digressing a bit but what if in conjunction with a buff stealing spell, RDM got a JA that gave them an aura, similar to an avatars favor, that applys the some or all of the RDMs current buffs to everyone in a small radius. This is probably overpowered but it would be pretty cool =)
    (0)

Character
    Kalsena
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    The aura idea is something myself and others have bounced around in the past on Alla. Basically limit it to buffs that function solely on duration and make the range itself something like 5 yalms. That should allow you to cover all melee on a single mob with your own Haste, Enspell, Phalanx, Spikes, and so on, while granting you the time you wouldn't need to spend casting on them to actually contribute damage. The cost being 1 MP per buff every tick should probably be an additional balancing factor. Naturally, once they move out of range, buffs go poof unless they were the individually cast versions.
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast