World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

ja: tunnel vision + decoy

Tunnel Vision
    Eight seconds of complete dominnance on the hate list. recast 5 minutes

Decoy
    Charisma Modifier, like provoke, but must stand in front of the player you are trying to steal hate from. It's like thf's Trick Attack, generates an certain amount of hate but deals no damage AND the amount of hate that is generated is stolen from the player the tank is standing in front of.

Like if you want to see these job abilities in action, please like; comment if you have better ideas. I just want PLD to be able to sub other things than war, like subbing runeknight!
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard
    The reason I keep coming back to XI as opposed to other MMOs is because of the content's lastability. While it is true that many pieces are outdated with each patch, to this day there are many old pieces of gear that are still near top-tier if not the top-tier. It encourages you to explore the whole breadth of content rather than asking you to bumrush and bypass all the old content just so you can grind the newer content. This is a model used by other MMOs such as WoW, and while I don't have anything against people that enjoy this model, if I wanted to play an MMO with that model there are many, many games vast superior to XI in terms of mechanics and especially customer service that offer such a model.

Character
    Aeonknight
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Concerned4FFxi View Post
    Tunnel Vision
    Eight seconds of complete dominnance on the hate list. recast 5 minutes

Decoy
    Charisma Modifier, like provoke, but must stand in front of the player you are trying to steal hate from. It's like thf's Trick Attack, generates an certain amount of hate but deals no damage AND the amount of hate that is generated is stolen from the player the tank is standing in front of.

Like if you want to see these job abilities in action, please like; comment if you have better ideas. I just want PLD to be able to sub other things than war, like subbing runeknight!
    PLD doesn't sub WAR for provoke. Attack Bonus, Berserk, Double Attack, Fencer, Warcry and Aggressor are why PLD subs WAR. So unless another sub comes along that can topple those benefits, don't see it happening.

As for your abilities, while they may be useful if implemented later, right now they'd be entirely worthless with the hate cap as it is now. Will be easier to decide what buffs PLD needs (if any) after the overall game mechanics surrounding our job are fixed.
    (3)
    Last edited by Aeonk; 01-26-2013 at 07:03 PM.

Character
    Lynsara
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Decoy
    See pld ja "Cover"
    (2)

No, positional JAs are the biggest pain. People get knocked around, they're fidgety, they turn from a gaze attack, all of that.

The intention is good but please, don't encourage positional JAs.

Do you play thf much? If you do, you'll understand.
    (0)

Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    [QUOTE=Aeonk;396717]PLD doesn't sub WAR for provoke. Attack Bonus, Berserk, Double Attack, Fencer, Warcry and Aggressor are why PLD subs WAR. So unless another sub comes along that can topple those benefits, don't see it happening.
    /QUOTE]

Your gonna see a better sub, its called runeknight.

What I'm speaking of is the provoke factor, it's obvious about the other things you listed and i realize provoke is a bonus and not the meat of /war, but you think very little about the subject "pld needs an ability to gain immediate hate/idea for hate pld issues" and got side tracked arguing why people sub war when the fact is I agree.

At no time did I say people sub war on pld just for provoke, or, provoke is the main reason i sub war on pld. Your twisting things by speaking as if I was unaware of the sub job level warrior's job traits, lol. Please.
    (0)
    Last edited by Concerned4FFxi; 02-04-2013 at 09:25 AM.
    The reason I keep coming back to XI as opposed to other MMOs is because of the content's lastability. While it is true that many pieces are outdated with each patch, to this day there are many old pieces of gear that are still near top-tier if not the top-tier. It encourages you to explore the whole breadth of content rather than asking you to bumrush and bypass all the old content just so you can grind the newer content. This is a model used by other MMOs such as WoW, and while I don't have anything against people that enjoy this model, if I wanted to play an MMO with that model there are many, many games vast superior to XI in terms of mechanics and especially customer service that offer such a model.

Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    lol. Why be sarcastic, your not even fully comprehending what I said and then you get all superior, lol.

Cover:
    Allows you to protect party members by placing yourself between them and the enemy.

Decoy

Last time i checked, if your lined up, cover is 100%.

Now i'm just asking for "Charisma Modifier, like provoke", that right there is telling you that their are values attached, so it's not 100%. It's like [rovoke, it's a hate spike not a complete physical shield to a subject as long as the players are aligned. I'm not saying this would be like cover. It's not the same thing, read what I suggest please. Yea you stand in front like cover, were you think I got the idea.

Secondly, again, PLD and hate are screwed, i'm asking for more ja, and you and like minded try smear campaign instead of healthy suggestions
    (0)
    Last edited by Concerned4FFxi; 02-04-2013 at 09:11 AM.

Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by OmnysValefor View Post
    No, positional JAs are the biggest pain. People get knocked around, they're fidgety, they turn from a gaze attack, all of that.

The intention is good but please, don't encourage positional JAs.

Do you play thf much? If you do, you'll understand.
    Yes, I get you. Pld already uses cover, and that's worse.

But this new job ability, it is intended to be a quick, use once it's done ja, like sa or ta. And not have a timer attached to it like cover.

As for the whole thing about please no more positional job abilities linked to hate...YES, your right and I'm sorry, lol. But, damn it. If whm can get addle, why can't pld get provoke!?
    (0)

I honestly don't think PLD is so screwed right now, but hate is. I really like a lot of where PLD is at, apart from the fact that you NEED two shields that take a lot of effort to obtain (I have both). I LIKE that we can sub war again, and that it's the default sub.

At precious 75, DDs could rip hate if they zerged. But if they did that, they were dead and sometimes causing a wipe. Enmity numbers needs fixed, and the cap needs raised and it just needs to matter who the boss is attacking again.

Just like at 75, some PLDs will still not be able to hold hate because they don't understand it, while others could hold hate pld/cor if given a little setup time.

Cover should be changed though, to something non-positional.
    (0)

Yes, I get you. Pld already uses cover, and that's worse.

But this new job ability, it is intended to be a quick, use once it's done ja, like sa or ta. And not have a timer attached to it like cover.

As for the whole thing about please no more positional job abilities linked to hate...YES, your right and I'm sorry, lol. But, damn it. If whm can get addle, why can't pld get provoke!?
    But PLD doesn't use cover, PLD has cover.

We'd have to be tanking something the DDs are hitting for cover to matter.
    (1)

Character
    Cabalabob
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Personally I really like cover, it was the defining role of paladin/knight in old ff games not the ability to take hate. I just don't like the way they handled cover in ffxi, duration is too short compared to recast and you can only cover one party member. It should have had a lower recast to the point that it could be full timed as long as you were paying attention to if cover was up and it should have been a self target buff so rather than the pld running to cover people the people could be running for cover behind the pld if they take hate.

I don't think pld needs new enmity tools, rather it needs a reworking of its defining tool.
    And the enmity system does need fixing regardless of pld.
    (4)
    Last edited by Cabalabob; 02-04-2013 at 11:14 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast