Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
    Character
    Annewandering
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Well not sure what it means but the thread saying se has turned on their servers got locked out. there was a bit of flaming there at the end so it might be as simple as that.
    (0)

Looks like they will indeed have to keep up the rolling blackout mess...last hour was still hitting @35MW even with a blackout block in effect. Oh well... wonder how long the next extension will be if SE decides to hold off a little longer.
    (0)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

SE's IP's keep going inactive....just watched some go dead/active twice just now....guess they are going to be tinkering for a while.
    (0)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Unctgtg View Post
    Just pinged the servers for ffxi and got a response from all of them
    Fixed that for ya.
    (0)
    I'm back! Returning after 4 years of inactivity.
    Deadlyscorpion - Siren Server
    Nin 90 - Thf 90 - Rdm 90

DailyYomiuri TEPCO says it will not implement planned power cuts for the remainder of today. The 1st outage for Group 1 tomorrow will occur as scheduled.
    9 minutes ago
    They just reported hitting 37MW peak though while still in a blackout... odd

<cross your fingers>
    (0)
    Last edited by RAIST; 03-22-2011 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RAIST View Post
    <cross your fingers>
    Do you think they would risk having the servers on today for a few hours, perhaps for a day or two, and then have to turn them off if things get worse? I get the impression that since they're already committed to not charge for the rest of the month that they're just going to keep the servers off for at least a week more. Of course that's just speculation on my part, but I figure that the integrity of the server files is more important than anything else, I doubt they'll risk turning on the server in the event of an unexpected power failure due to overload, if that's even possible.

I can't really speak much since I don't fully understand how all that stuff works, but just judging by the way they're treating having one plant out of 53 others down affects the rest of the power being supplied to the country, I assume that there's not enough power to go around and that's why the planned outtages are being implemented, and if that's true, wouldn't that mean that if too much power is being consumed and there's not enough supply to meet the demand that it will cause an overload and shut down completely? I know I'm going in circles but I'm trying to make sense of why there are so many nuclear plants in Japan and yet one being down causes all this trouble, all the destruction problems aside of course.
    (0)
    Nin 90 - Thf 90 - Rdm 90

brain fart... just realized how they laid out their stupid chart.

Max capacity is 37MW.... their max demand looks to be 35/36 MW. They were only giving one numerical value, just assumed it was the value of the freaking bars in the chart.

Goes to show what happens when you ass-u-me things......
    (0)

/scream in excitement like a little girl!!!!!!!!
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by RAIST View Post
    brain fart... just realized how they laid out their stupid chart.

Max capacity is 37MW.... their max demand looks to be 35/36 MW. They were only giving one numerical value, just assumed it was the value of the freaking bars in the chart.

Goes to show what happens when you ass-u-me things......
    Is that good or bad? Does that mean they're using 35-36/37MW?
    (0)
    Nin 90 - Thf 90 - Rdm 90

Character
    Bloomingodsname
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadlyscorpion View Post
    Do you think they would risk having the servers on today for a few hours, perhaps for a day or two, and then have to turn them off if things get worse? I get the impression that since they're already committed to not charge for the rest of the month that they're just going to keep the servers off for at least a week more. Of course that's just speculation on my part, but I figure that the integrity of the server files is more important than anything else, I doubt they'll risk turning on the server in the event of an unexpected power failure due to overload, if that's even possible.

I can't really speak much since I don't fully understand how all that stuff works, but just judging by the way they're treating having one plant out of 53 others down affects the rest of the power being supplied to the country, I assume that there's not enough power to go around and that's why the planned outtages are being implemented, and if that's true, wouldn't that mean that if too much power is being consumed and there's not enough supply to meet the demand that it will cause an overload and shut down completely? I know I'm going in circles but I'm trying to make sense of why there are so many nuclear plants in Japan and yet one being down causes all this trouble, all the destruction problems aside of course.
    not sure on this either...but from what I've gathered the 1 power plant supplies most of Tokyo with power...it being down causes troubles in places like hospitals so to try to keep the hospitals with power they're doing outage waves in the other areas so that as ppl need the hospitals they can at least hope to count on the hospital nearest them being with power...

as for the servers...I'm thinking that once the power gets regulated that SE is gonna keep the servers down another day or so to be safe...kinda like a computer you usually unplug a computer in a bad storm to prevent the frying of the motherboard and thus the loosing of data on the computer...so if the servers are seen as a computer I think SE would keep them shut down to prevent the "frying" of the server info...
    (0)
    ~Bloom and Kayloni on Lakshmi~
    White Mage by day...Dancer by night!

Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast