Character
    Dekito
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 90

PLD lowman PT or Solo what to sub?

Hi all,

I just came back to this game recently and have started the game again with 3 friends and was wondering what is the best sub job for PLD solo or lowman. I was thinking DNC, NIN or RDM but I could be completely wrong as I don't have much knowledge of the game the past 2 years. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you
    (0)

Depends what you're fighting? DNC is probably most commonly used, but /rdm /sch /war and /nin all have their Niches.
    (0)

Character
    Kawar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekito View Post
    Hi all,

I just came back to this game recently and have started the game again with 3 friends and was wondering what is the best sub job for PLD solo or lowman. I was thinking DNC, NIN or RDM but I could be completely wrong as I don't have much knowledge of the game the past 2 years. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you
    if your doing 99 pld or really any level pld you cant go wrong with /war and if things are need /dnc and so on it is all case by case and in some cases you can pull off things with pld/war that you can do with other subs but better.take me as example when i do SC 20s i rather use /war for defender to jump me to 1.2k def and then with bard buffs on top of defender and pro5 you can hit around 1.3k def( but it is more like 1350) then with the other spells and JA you have little to no problem with most things.but the dancer sub can make holding hate on like 6 things so much easier seeing as you have your full mp pool and the 300 tp to spend from.

remember what ever job you / sub it wont hurt to have some macros set up for the key things that sub will use to save time.
    (0)
    Last edited by Kawar; 04-12-2014 at 01:09 AM. Reason: adding something

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Really pld with it's crazy blockrates can go subless so bring a sub that suits your needs. If you are super tanking trash /dnc for the free heals since you will be capped tp all the time. If you actually fighting and don't have someone to haste you rdm might be good (especially with priwen) or whm if you need some status support. Heck I even use /thf sometimes just to get more drops when I don't want to/can't bring a thf. War will generally provide the most versitility in pt environment being able to increase your att or def and good dd traits. /blu will give even more def for tanking. /run gives the best non dmg based hate tools
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    whm if you need some status support
    Just out of curiosity, wouldn't SCH be a better choice? The only ailment it can't remove is petrify which you won't be able to cast on yourself anyways.
    (2)

Character
    Lanselot
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    /dnc and /rdm are probably the best solo subs from my experience. Having the ability to recover mp is really helpful. /dnc being good for the tp cures and being able to remove status debuffs and stun and haste. It's really a case of player preference. /war is really good to if you want a more offensive ability set.
    (0)

Player
    In comparison, /Whm and /Sch, they're identical on status removal unless you need stona, he did mention lowman PTs also, not just solo, and very similar in a lot of things but they're different in a few areas.

/Whm - Haste + Barspells + Repose.

/Sch - Sublimation, Sleep (Ga with Manifestion), Aspir (not useless on easy mobs with Dark Arts up), Light Arts (Huge deal if you don't have enhancing capped for your Phalanx).

So, again depends, if you need a sleep, do you need a light or dark based one? Do you need Haste? Barspells? Will improved MP efficency and MP recovery help you? Can you aspir things?

But the biggest reason to suggest Sch over Whm I think is if he recently came back, and is lowmanning, good chance he's way underlevelled for enhancing, Light Arts can be a pretty huge boon for Phalanx.

Otherwise, haste is always nice, I'm sure I'm missing some stuff, but those are the ones that strike me as somewhat big arguments.
    (1)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Yeah haste and barspells are the biggies for /whm. Though the mdb and auto regen does add up over time. Also Dia ii. Haste and dia really help the kill speed.

/sch gives you as said sublimation which is also nice anti-sleep tech. Sleep I guess though not sure I'd worry about leaving anything awake that you could sleep lol. Should note that while aspir and sublimation are nice for mp you might not really need it.

It's kinda hard to judge what he means by recently returning... I mean 2 years ago he could still have ochain which changes everything lol. Though I'd still expect him to have mostly skilled up. That said /sch also gets Celerity letting you keep reprisal up as long as you have charges... and if he is just coming back and didn't have Ochain he could fairly quickly make a Priwen which should be better than Ochain when reprisal is up and still a stupendous shield when not
    (1)