Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Laraul
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 97

SE is giving THF's the sugar pill

There is one thing that makes the "Treasure Hunter" ability truly unique among job traits and abilities in the game. It plays on the weakness that we are all inherently greedy. It should be obvious that within the game TH's power appears to influences crystal drops, and likely nothing more. But since TH is a trait and is "always on" so to speak, there's not any penalty to not use it. In many ways, TH gives people the will to go out and obtain specific drops by offering a hope that you've increased things in your favor.
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Only that it was shown that TH massively affects a multitude of drops. Not sure what the point of this rant was?
    (9)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Pussnboootz
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 5
    You want proof TH does something?

2 dynamis runs. Same zone, same mobs, only person in the zone both times so no competition.

Run 1 - THF/DNC w/TH7
    Run 2 - DNC/WAR

Both jobs TP/WS in virtually identical gear.

Run 1 - 279 coins
    Run 2 - 98 coins

I'd say that pretty well proves TH does something.
    (0)
    90DRG 90DNC 90PLD 90COR 90RNG 90THF 90BLM 90NIN
    <Insert random accomplishments and/or merits that no one else cares about here>
    Friends don't let friends watch American Idol.

Character
    Delvish
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mara View Post
    You want proof TH does something?

2 dynamis runs. Same zone, same mobs, only person in the zone both times so no competition.

Run 1 - THF/DNC w/TH7
    Run 2 - DNC/WAR

Both jobs TP/WS in virtually identical gear.

Run 1 - 279 coins
    Run 2 - 98 coins

I'd say that pretty well proves TH does something.
    This is a lie. My evidence?
    "Only person in zone"
    (4)
    Samurai Archery is said to be a thing of the past, but it isn't dead yet!

Character
    Kojo
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I'm... wat

I'm not sure what your point is. Besides being wrong about TH only increasing crystal drop rate I don't see anything else that would qualify as a point in your OP. If you're complaining about not getting drops you want then that's just bad luck, TH doesn't ensure you a drop, it merely increases the chance to get it. Nowhere in your OP do you actually tell us what your problem or concern is, everyone who has read the OP has lost a precious few seconds of their lives that they will never get back. I award you no likes and may God have mercy on your soul.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    Can you imagine waking up each morning knowing that you would have to wrestle a man-sized radish to death in order to eat?
    Sorry, had to.

Quote Originally Posted by Delvish View Post
    "Only person in zone"
    THF main (TH6 lolthf'sknife) I almost never see no coins drop, even when mob dies un-procced, which can happen when I'm soloing an exp trial. However when doing the same trials on non THF jobs, it's very common to see no drop from an un-procced mob.
    (0)

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Standard viewpoints of TH: I got the drop, thanks treasure hunter! or TH didn't get me my drop so it's useless.

Take your pick but in either case TH gets far too much credit for success and failure of rare drops.
    (0)

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

While i can personally attest to absolutely hating that pile of mediocrity that is Treasure Hunter... The bane of the job... the very trait that keeps us a useless sack of crap job entirely...

It does do something. While the effects diminish greatly as you go above TH4, it still works.
    (1)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Delvish View Post
    "Only person in zone"
    It also doesn't match current data:
    http://www.ffxidb.com/zones/39/nightmare-funguar

Although it shows that TH does have a significant effect on currency drop rate.
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Satonaka
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Dropped the job with the release of Adoulin, successfully de-lvling it via bivouacs and setting HP in adoulin and Homepointing regularly. Currently lvl 98 now

Only thing that'll get me to come back, that'll make the THF's and "TH's" happy is a lvl 99 offhand dagger that has TH+1 on it, with good stats, good additional effects/stats, a decent delay and CANNOT be paired with the current THF knife.

The Mainhand will take care of itself eventually through updates, but the offhand? I think it's time for an updated THF knife.

Get on it SE. O_o
    (0)
    "We going for a little ride down into Hepburn Heights, kill me some filthy diablo boo-boo's been badmouthin' mah Queen Lizzie!"

" 'ere! You'll need a piece! "

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast