Character
    Acaelus
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

Raider's Poulaines?

Hey guys,

i know this has come up before, but I just came back to the game after about 2 years, and figured I might as well ask again.

What's the deal with the feet drop in Abyssea-Attohwa? I was there for about 6 hours last night, and I got zero thief feet drops..I got about 6 feet drop total, just none thief.

Is there a certain way to optimize feet drops or something? I read that they supposedly raised the drop rate for them..but I didn't really notice. Maybe I'm just really unlucky...but it was ridiculous!
    (0)

Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Raise your Amber lights, and try to mass kill. I see lots of wasted feet drops during my FC runs.
    (1)

Character
    Lynsara
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    just dont raise your amber too high or you will get mostly temps or ki, need to find the middle ground for amber
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    As bad as it sounds, there have been quite a few worse. Some people have spent days farming for several hours each. Sadly, this is normal.
    (3)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Elphy View Post
    just dont raise your amber too high or you will get mostly temps or ki, need to find the middle ground for amber
    120-150ish seems optimal.
    (0)

Character
    Lynsara
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Yes and the feet acquisition has been a major complaint since they were introduced. SE just wont change the system.

For alot of jobs its fine since the feet are already outdated and useless but for jobs like thf where that extra th is needed it can really be a burden when you have to spend hours farming the base feet then more time farming the same amount of seals and +2 items as the other easily aquired pieces.

Another needless time sync
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Caketime View Post
    120-150ish seems optimal.
    depends how many of the KIs you have that affect gold chest rates. I tend to go for 60-90

And my the feet took me nearly 2 months of farming on and off. I found war was by far the most popular drop.
    (0)

Ugh shame you werent on shiva.. Just got a pair, 1st chest no amber ):
    (0)
    As I stand looking out from my mog house window, I reminisce about the old days and the many ups and downs of my adventures throughout Vana'diel.

It is then that I know achievement.

Character
    Lynsara
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    depends how many of the KIs you have that affect gold chest rates. I tend to go for 60-90

And my the feet took me nearly 2 months of farming on and off. I found war was by far the most popular drop.
    The KI in your inventory have influence on the chests? Where did you read this? Link to test would be nice.

With all the gold box farming Ive done for gil drops and KI over the past couple years, never have I noticed the amount of KI I have in my inventory affecting whats in the boxes.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Elphy View Post
    The KI in your inventory have influence on the chests? Where did you read this? Link to test would be nice.

With all the gold box farming Ive done for gil drops and KI over the past couple years, never have I noticed the amount of KI I have in my inventory affecting whats in the boxes.
    Sure.. its called Murphy's/Sod's law -> The rate at which the KI's appear is directly related to how badly you need it. The more you need that one certain KI, the more likely it is that KI wont appear!
    (1)
    As I stand looking out from my mog house window, I reminisce about the old days and the many ups and downs of my adventures throughout Vana'diel.

It is then that I know achievement.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast