Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Artaniss
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 39

How do you guys raise skills that have fallen behind?

How do you guys raise skills that have fallen behind from book burning? FOr example some of my magic skills have fallen behind and my melee skill has fallen behind as well. So what mobs or what level of mobs do I need to kill to get them up? Also totally off the topic: How do I get a Chocobo license? And where do I go from Jeuno to get the sub job quest? Thanks all...
    (0)

Kill stuff in kuftal until 200 skill, kill EP in the three first abysseas from 200 to 350ish.

Cure undeads for healing skillups, buff NPCs for enhancing skillups, kill yourself for summoning skillups
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Honestly, you worry way too much about it. Skilling up now would only be a waste of your time, especially considering you're a WHM, which don't need any skill at all to perform well enough in party situations. You should really skill up after you've hit a high level, as WHM you don't need to worry about it before Maat (which is at level 66~70).

As for Chocobos, you get them in Upper Jeuno, the subjob quest in Selbina. I'll give you the details once I'm logged on.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Kill stuff in kuftal until 200 skill, kill EP in the three first abysseas from 200 to 350ish.
    Look at his level.
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Oh. Right. At that level, I wouldn't care too much.
    (0)

Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    kill yourself for summoning skillups
    All of this.
    (0)

When you get higher level, beseiged is an excellent place to skill up offensive spells (provided you can cast on mobs other players are), and for melee theres certain places that are suitable depending on your xp and skill levels
    (0)
    As I stand looking out from my mog house window, I reminisce about the old days and the many ups and downs of my adventures throughout Vana'diel.

It is then that I know achievement.

Character
    Rustic
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Artaniss View Post
    How do you guys raise skills that have fallen behind from book burning? FOr example some of my magic skills have fallen behind and my melee skill has fallen behind as well. So what mobs or what level of mobs do I need to kill to get them up? Also totally off the topic: How do I get a Chocobo license? And where do I go from Jeuno to get the sub job quest? Thanks all...
    At lower levels, it's not so harsh- especially if you take the time to level subjobs soloing- which you're going to need anyway when you get your quest items together. While it won't top off your skills in most cases, it can certainly do the trick for secondary ones, especially once you have other jobs unlocked. The biggie for WHM is their Cure (and Enhancing) skills, which aren't tough at all. Frequently, you'll even see people standing near Mog Houses all beat up- likely because they just got out of Dynamis (one of the endgame areas). Spam Cure on them. Voila, skillups. Likewise, toss protectives on everything that moves for enhancement. Divine is easy. Lob Dia at everything your party encounters.

Later on, once you're high enough to visit the ToAU expansion area of Al Zahbi, there's a city battle called "Besieged". Buffing and healing the NPC defenders is more than easy enough to keep your casting skills sharp, and you can spam Banish for Divine too. They equip you with a lot of temporary buffing items, which gives you a chance to rip out a lot of spellpower.

Chocobo licenses are at the stable in Upper Jeuno, look for a fellow named Brutus. You may need to talk to him more than once. Subjobs are generally done in Selbina, though an alternate exists in Mharura (sp).
    (0)
    Old-time player, new-time character- Ragnarok server.

SKilling up healing magic on PC targets is a lost cause. It is incredibly slow. You're much better off healing skeletons to death somewhere.
    (0)

Character
    Rustic
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    That's because the odds of skillups increase with actual damage healed and the level of the target- and the higher your healing magic skill already is, the more HP you have to heal to really get a good chance for a skillup.

Healing a target that's full HP is virtually useless for skillups. On the other hand, I've easily capped myself with some HP -> MP gear on my target sitting next to the Mog House. They swapped gear to reduce their max HP, swapped back to leave them "wounded" since the gear swap doesn't restore the HP lost to the swap, I'd cure them, repeat as needed.

And for a newbie, sitting there spamming Cure I on someone who just came out of Dynamis 400+ HP down works just fine. He's not some L50+ WHM at this point.
    (0)
    Old-time player, new-time character- Ragnarok server.

I dunno man. I've healed a lot of people for huge amounts of hp, and I would get a healing skillup maybe once a day if I was lucky. Switching to EP undeads and curebombing them, I would get several points in just half an hour or so.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast