Character
    Zohno
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

[suggestion] call auction house price history on trade

hello,
    i was thinking that would be nice to be able to call the auction house price history of an item by simply trading it (to the ah npc, just to avoid misunderstandings).

I hope to get a positive feedback from the devs
    (16)
    Last edited by Zohno; 01-27-2013 at 05:05 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zohno View Post
    hello,
    i was thinking that would be nice to be able to call the auction house price history of an item by simply trading it.

I hope to get a positive feedback from the devs
    To use the auction house, you have to be at the auction house. Just check it before conducting a trade if you need. You can always look it up online if your need is that dire. This is why sites like ffxiah exist. I mean, really. Is it that hard?

This is a case where doing your homework before taking an action is prudent. I'm sure people are going to come down on me like a pack of wolves for suggesting that we don't easybutton the game too much more than is necessary, though.
    (12)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 01-20-2013 at 09:02 AM.

Player
    I agree, it seems as though this would be a fairly pointless change, also, a problem with it is when you are looking at items which stack, would the stack or single prices be shown?
    (3)

Problem? Just list both, or list the history for 1 if you traded 1,and 12 if you traded 12.
    (1)

Character
    Wolfmoonstrike
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Personally I would like to have a search option on the AH instead of having to guess which category an item is in if I have never seen it before, plus it would help cut down on checking prices time. Yes I am aware that ffxiah.com exists as well as a multitude of FFXI information sites (and I should considering that I use them everyday lol).
    (2)
    A pretty damn good story so far @ http://www.phenomenonstory.com/

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfMoonstrike View Post
    Personally I would like to have a search option on the AH instead of having to guess which category an item is in if I have never seen it before, plus it would help cut down on checking prices time. Yes I am aware that ffxiah.com exists as well as a multitude of FFXI information sites (and I should considering that I use them everyday lol).
    Aye, the one good thing about XIV's markets was that they added a textual search.
    (1)

Character
    Trumpy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    ffxiah.com is by no means official tho lol. So many times the item in question is not in the category you would think it is in, after playing WoW a bit recently and coming back to FFXI i certainly miss being able to type an item name in (or even shift clickin the item when the auction house was open and bringin up the results.) I am not sayin make this game WoW by the way, its just an example. It would be pretty cool to add this though i doubt we would ever see it. As for singles and stacks, trade a single get single price, trade a stack get stack price.

As for easy buttons, to me there is a difference in:
    Hit easy button > get ochain lvl 99
    and
    Hit easy button > save 20 minutes scouring the AH cause there is no search feature (thats time i could have better spent sitting in my mog house doing nothing!) or any other actual time saving technique to every day life.

Not all Quality of Life additions are really Easy Buttons. For example all the teleports they have added to the game. It doesnt make me more of a man that i walked all the way to the sanctuary of Zitah, but i did save myself and possibly other people time by teleporting there thru various means.
    (2)

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    ffxiah.com is yet another depressing example of third-party resources outperforming paltry first-party offerings.

Something similar and/or better could be offered through playonline.com (much like playonline.com could have synthesis recipes like lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com has), but this would be from the same team that have left the Linkshell Community in beta since...
    (4)
    Nothing in the above post is intended to disparage Square Enix or FINAL FANTASY XI, or to criticize Square Enix staff; such behavior would be a violation of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement. Any such violations of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement should be reported to Square Enix immediately, by using the "Report Post" icon in the bottom-left of forum posts.

No Moogles were harmed in the making in this post. Stars save the Sibyl!

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    ffxiah.com is by no means official tho lol.
    So what if it's official or not? It's just a website that has information about the game. It's not like that isn't allowed. The wikis and database sites out there technically aren't official either. Should we stop using those?
    (3)

Character
    Trumpy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    My point is askin for something official shouldnt be disallowed just because the player base is more creative and made it themselves. Now granted SE eventually made a windower mode though it isnt as nice as the third party offerings (though it is nice to not crash the game when you want to check a browser officially)

I wonder if the wiki never came along would SE had made such a resource, I know for a while they always said please consult a community site, even when dealing with customer service sometimes. Or did it become kind of a cop out for them, "Sweet you mean they did all the work puttin that info online and we dont have to ourselves!?"

Oh also in the case of PS2 owning people that dont have a PC somehow who cant check ffxiah like that. And believe me i started on PS2, got the 360 version when it came out and am now on the PC so i am not a PS2 4eva type, but these people are still out there.
    (3)
    Last edited by Trumpy; 01-21-2013 at 05:16 PM.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast