Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: /yell Expansion

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Genoxd View Post
    Honestly, you should be able to hear yells from any of the major cities while you're in jeuno/windurst/sandoria/bastok. I know it was stated you have no plans to do this, but it'd be nice to be able to set my home point somewhere other then jeuno. To that extent, it would be nice if we had direct teleports from the main cities to Jeuno perhaps through Proto-Waypoints?

Edit: toss in Whitegate too, that's another great option for yells and proto-waypoints (though I understand that'd be harder to blend into the story)

Edit2: Maybe make it a special Linkpearl type thing you can get from a quest, if you have it you can hear yells in the major cities.
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...-interested%21 for city teleports

I personally would like the major three cities and the new city in the new expansion
    (0)

Yells to all cities and give us the option to have separate chat windows tho.
    (0)
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/30234-linkshell-Suggestion!!!

Character
    Halldir
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by BigPapaBlueJay View Post
    Should make /yell in the Chocobo Circuit be seen in Windurst, Bastok, San d'Oria, Jeuno and Whitegate and vice versa. Remove the bazaar tax and the circuit will be the zone that will attract everyone.
    For the love of god yes!!!! Easily accessible bazaar from any nation and remove the horrible lag from Jeuno yet allow easy place to find stuff Not like chocobo racing is/was a huge draw event.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Zhronne View Post
    I want to understand how this will work.
    Each area will have its "own" yell channel? Or will Yell work cross-area?
    Will it be something like:

Yell 1: Ru'lude Gardens, Upper Jeuno, Lower Jeuno, Port Jeuno
    Yell 2: Al Zhabi, Aht Urghan Whitegate

etc etc.
    Or will it be something like:
    Yell: Ru'lude Gardens, Upper Jeuno, Lower Jeuno, Port Jeuno, Al Zhabi, Aht Urghan Whitegate, Chocobo Circuit, ...
    To clarify, this expansion will make it so yells that can only be heard in Jeuno areas can also be heard in other locations. We will not be increasing the amount of chat channels.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelthas View Post
    Can you also extend the range on forming alliances? I've been making a few Voidwatch parties and leaders of other parties had to change to the same area as I am standing in to form an alliance.
    We will be looking into the alliance invite range when we expand the invite distance for parties. When that time comes, we will let you know the details.
    (28)

Okipuit - Community Team

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    So I can, say, Shout in Port Jeuno and be "heard" in Aht Urghan Whitegate and Bastok Markets as well? (just an example).
    If THAT is how you want to make things work then, sir, I am at a loss of words to express how much I am astonished by such a huge and awesome change

I mean... I can already do that with the shout page of FFXIAH or Guildworks, but being able to do it for everybody in-game will just be twice as good. People not interested in the spam will just be able to use the "Yell Filter" option, just like everybody does in every other MMO.
    (3)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhronne View Post
    So I can, say, Shout in Port Jeuno and be "heard" in Aht Urghan Whitegate and Bastok Markets as well? (just an example).
    If THAT is how you want to make things work then, sir, I am at a loss of words to express how much I am astonished by such a huge and awesome change

I mean... I can already do that with the shout page of FFXIAH or Guildworks, but being able to do it for everybody in-game will just be twice as good. People not interested in the spam will just be able to use the "Yell Filter" option, just like everybody does in every other MMO.
    Yeah, that's what it means. It is awesome, isn't it?

This change makes it easier to make your "home" in another town or city because you won't have to miss people trying to from groups for things you need.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    Good news
    Awesome. Be sure to say thanks from us to the development bros.
    (1)

Character
    Ryce
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Awesome. Be sure to say thanks from us to the development bros.
    This. Thank you for this welcome change, and please pass on our thanks for this welcome change to all members of the team who are involved in the decision-making and implementation processes concerning welcome changes.
    (0)

Character
    Quetzacoatl
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Wow, I approve of this.

Any positive change towards alleviating the lag in Jeuno is awesome.
    (0)

Character
    Areayea
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    looking how it looks listed, I believe that it'd be easy if you put it in all areas that you cannot use abilities that are field only (so cities, areas that you can't cast summons/summon pets, ect.).
    (0)

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast