Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: /yell Expansion

Dev. Posts

Hybrid View

/yell Expansion

Greetings!

We have been continuing to examine the server stress ever since we implemented the /yell feature, and as a result we’ve determined that there is room to expand this feature a bit more.

While we will not be able to add this for every single area, we would like to explore ways to improve the convenience of this feature. That’s where you all come in! Which areas do you feel would benefit the most from this feature? Let us know and we will look into the options.
    (19)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Ovjang
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Whitegate and lesser cities (Tav, Rabao, Norg etc)
    (9)

Character
    Yru
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mnejing View Post
    Whitegate and lesser cities (Tav, Rabao, Norg etc)
    Tav, Rab, and Norg are all single-zone. It makes more sense to expand to home nations, whitegate, and the upcoming Adoulin areas. Unless they plan to let yells from Jeuno reach other towns, in which case every town would be nice.

Certain towns should stay secluded as part of the lore, namely Tavnazian Safehold. It's supposed to be a shock when you get there and find survivors, so hearing yells from there when in Jeuno would kind of spoil it.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Yrusama View Post
    Unless they plan to let yells from Jeuno reach other towns, in which case every town would be nice.
    I'm pretty sure that's the idea. If not, then the entire thing is pointless.

My list, tiered by importance:

Mog House
    Chocobo Circuit (if AH and nomad and porter moogles added)

Bastok Mines
    Port Sandy
    Windurst ?

Whitegate
    Tavnazia
    Nashmau

Norg
    Rabao
    Kazham
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Catmato View Post

Bastok Mines
    Port Sandy
    Windurst ?
    I'm sorry lool... but you would put it in sandy and basty but possibly not windy? (as implied by the question mark next to windurst)... I know many people dont like windy because they feel it is too big.. but to question whether it should be excluded and have the other 2 starter cities included on the list is silly...

EDIT: And as for those asking for shouts/yells in MH... given how much trouble they have with implementing anything related to the MH due to how tangled the MH system is within 10 years of code , I highly doubt they would be able to make it an option.. and if it came to them choosing between turning it always on (without an off switch) and not enabling it.. I would say to not enable it at all... I know many people who hide in their MH just to avoid the shouts/yells (without having to turn the filter on then remember to change it back later)
    (2)
    Last edited by Mayoyama; 01-18-2013 at 09:17 PM.
    As I stand looking out from my mog house window, I reminisce about the old days and the many ups and downs of my adventures throughout Vana'diel.

It is then that I know achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayoyama View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Catmato

Bastok Mines
    Port Sandy
    Windurst ?
    I'm sorry lool... but you would put it in sandy and basty but possibly not windy? (as implied by the question mark next to windurst)... I know many people dont like windy because they feel it is too big.. but to question whether it should be excluded and have the other 2 starter cities included on the list is silly...
    I think the implication is that she's not sure which Windurst zone to assign it to, not that she's not sure whether Windurst should be included.
    (3)

Quote Originally Posted by Mayoyama View Post
    I'm sorry lool... but you would put it in sandy and basty but possibly not windy? (as implied by the question mark next to windurst
    The question mark is meant to imply that I don't know which windy zone would be best. I'm not from Windy and I don't know where important things like Abyssea warpers and OP warp NPCs are.

Edit: Ah, I see that Motenten already stated this. Thanks.
    (0)
    Last edited by Catmato; 01-20-2013 at 09:17 PM.

Character
    Tilemon
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    every city, and town.
    (37)
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Akihiko_Matsui
    This goes the same for extremely difficult content. (Naturally it’s not easy since it’s extremely difficult…)
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    as long as you don’t have severely bad luck.

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tile View Post
    every city, and town.
    Every city and town at least, then maybe I dunno... Abyssea zones? There would be pros and cons as well, I'm a bit unsure on the implementation there, but have no bloody doubt about towns.
    (0)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Player
    Honestly, you should be able to hear yells from any of the major cities while you're in jeuno/windurst/sandoria/bastok. I know it was stated you have no plans to do this, but it'd be nice to be able to set my home point somewhere other then jeuno. To that extent, it would be nice if we had direct teleports from the main cities to Jeuno perhaps through Proto-Waypoints?

Edit: toss in Whitegate too, that's another great option for yells and proto-waypoints (though I understand that'd be harder to blend into the story)

Edit2: Maybe make it a special Linkpearl type thing you can get from a quest, if you have it you can hear yells in the major cities.
    (4)
    Last edited by Genoxd; 01-18-2013 at 05:08 AM.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast