Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: /yell Expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Catmato View Post
    My list, tiered by importance:

Bastok Mines
    Port Sandy
    Windurst ?
    I'm sorry lool... but you would put it in sandy and basty but possibly not windy? (as implied by the question mark next to windurst)... I know many people dont like windy because they feel it is too big.. but to question whether it should be excluded and have the other 2 starter cities included on the list is silly...

EDIT: And as for those asking for shouts/yells in MH... given how much trouble they have with implementing anything related to the MH due to how tangled the MH system is within 10 years of code , I highly doubt they would be able to make it an option.. and if it came to them choosing between turning it always on (without an off switch) and not enabling it.. I would say to not enable it at all... I know many people who hide in their MH just to avoid the shouts/yells (without having to turn the filter on then remember to change it back later)
    (2)
    Last edited by Mayoyama; 01-18-2013 at 09:17 PM.
    As I stand looking out from my mog house window, I reminisce about the old days and the many ups and downs of my adventures throughout Vana'diel.

It is then that I know achievement.

Character
    Sensui
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by nyheen View Post
    they saying /yell cant be done in all area, so i think it would be best if they just add it in

sandy
    bastok
    windy
    aht urhgan

since these places got the most zones it will work well. the other zones only have just 1 zone like rabao so it no point of putting that there, or you guys talking about having all towns/city link with /yell? O.o
    I read the Dev's comment as adding the yell feature to be able to like /yell to all of Sandy from North Sandy vs hearing Jeuno in North Sandy etc..but if it's to hear Jeuno in other area's

Priority Order:
    Starter cities
    ToAU cities
    Tavnazia
    Norg/Mhaura/Selbina/Rabao
    (0)

Character
    Ryce
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Seha View Post
    Whitegate and starter nations.
    Plain and simple. I think this will help with:

• Congestion in Port Jeuno
    • Encourage activity in Whitegate
    • Make helpful veterans more accessible to new players (in starter nations)
    • Boost interest in Mog House furnishings (I never see my Mog House in Sandy)
    • Eleviate inventory restrictions (ready access to Storage)

In general, this will make the game more fun. I often log in and wait around in PJ just to see if an appealing VW shout gets started... That's boring. At least with /yell expanded to other towns my options for passing time are expanded.
    (0)

Character
    Leachpunk
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Leach View Post
    Add Yells to all cities and give us the option to have separate chat windows so we can then filter those different chat types!
    Just to clarify, I mean a chat window for linkshell, party, say, yell, yells from particular cities or even the ability to filter on wild cards (if sentence contains *limbus*) something like that.
    (1)

Character
    Volkai
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings!

We have been continuing to examine the server stress ever since we implemented the /yell feature, and as a result we’ve determined that there is room to expand this feature a bit more.

While we will not be able to add this for every single area, we would like to explore ways to improve the convenience of this feature. That’s where you all come in! Which areas do you feel would benefit the most from this feature? Let us know and we will look into the options.
    Central cities for each region. Adoulin's new main city; the three nations in [S]; Whitegate; Jeuno.
    Secondary to those are the other smaller cities which are often left empty because of the larger cities being exclusive gathering points. Nashmau, Tavnazia, Rabao, Norg, Kazham, Selbina, Mhaura. Did I miss any?
    (0)
    "Don't take life too seriously, you can't get out of it alive."

Adoulin is installed but still not lighting up on your title screen? Here's what to do:
    Go to https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/login?cont=account and log in, then Select Service >>> PlayOnline / FINAL FANTASY XI >>> Add a service account (blue button) >>> input expansion software registration code.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayoyama View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Catmato
    My list, tiered by importance:

Bastok Mines
    Port Sandy
    Windurst ?
    I'm sorry lool... but you would put it in sandy and basty but possibly not windy? (as implied by the question mark next to windurst)... I know many people dont like windy because they feel it is too big.. but to question whether it should be excluded and have the other 2 starter cities included on the list is silly...
    I think the implication is that she's not sure which Windurst zone to assign it to, not that she's not sure whether Windurst should be included.
    (3)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryce View Post
    • Eleviate inventory restrictions (ready access to Storage)
    While I do not disagree with this post I would like to point out that the Storage restriction where you are only able to access it from your home nation was supposed to have been taken out months ago. Meaning we should already have access to storage from any Mog House of our choosing, however due to Neo-Salvage, Meeble Burrows, SoA, and the other many things the devs have been doing, it has yet to be done still, I call this situation Cait Sith Syndrome, in reminder of Cait Sith who we still have yet to see running around with out Summoners after all this time.
    (1)

Character
    Windwhispering
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    all city and town areas. no field areas
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Mayoyama View Post
    I'm sorry lool... but you would put it in sandy and basty but possibly not windy? (as implied by the question mark next to windurst
    The question mark is meant to imply that I don't know which windy zone would be best. I'm not from Windy and I don't know where important things like Abyssea warpers and OP warp NPCs are.

Edit: Ah, I see that Motenten already stated this. Thanks.
    (0)
    Last edited by Catmato; 01-20-2013 at 09:17 PM.

Character
    Jeville
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Why are towns with only one zone suggested? /shout can suffice for those.
    (0)

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast