Thread: Macro language

Character
    Amaroq
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99

Macro language

Ive been learning how to set up macros in the last few days and theres one i just cant seem to figure...any of the chat modes. I want a macro that opens up the chat channel/mode for a particular player...a friend i might talk too alot. The last ones i tried but failed were

/cm t [playersName]

/cm t playersName

/cm <t> [playersName]

/cm <t> playersName

Italic just meaning id use the players full name here. This is for a marco button, not directly entering in command line every time. Any help would be appreciated ^_^
    (0)
    Last edited by Amaroq; 02-18-2013 at 03:42 AM.

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Chatmode does not open a tell to that person, it sets a global mode, so that every time you open the chat line with the spacebar, it will be in that mode. If you type in

Code:
    /cm t Xcloudsefirotx
    then open your chat line with the spacebar and type a message, it will automatically send a tell to Xcloudsefirotx. If you do

Code:
    /cm l
    every time you type something it will immediately go to the linkshell chat, without having to press Ctrl+L or type /l in front of it.

If you want to reply quickly to someone, try pressing Ctrl+R. If you're talking to several people, pressing R repeatedly while holding Ctrl will scroll through the people who previously sent you /tells. <r> will also hold the name of the last person to send you a text, so you could as well do

Code:
    /t <r> Your name sucks.
    and they would get the message.
    (3)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Amaroq
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Oh wow thanks Arcon, that was a fast reply.

Ill try using the macro button for /cm t playersName and than hitting space bar. The Ctrl+R shortcut will come in very handy as well.
    (0)

If you want to say something specific in a certain way, put "/t Playername Stuff" in your macro, or "/p Partystuff" if you want to say it in party chat.
    (1)

Character
    Amaroq
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Thanks Mirage...could see myself creating a macro like that in the future ^^
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    If you want to say something specific in a certain way, put "/t Playername Stuff" in your macro, or "/p Partystuff" if you want to say it in party chat.
    If he now uses /p macros for his abilities and WS I blame you.
    (1)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

/p Cut my life into pieces, this is my {Last Resort}.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    /p Cut my life into pieces, this is my {Last Resort}.
    ; ;

Please OP.. do not use /p or /s macros on ws and JA, this actually considered annoying by the majority of players.

PS A fun macro to use with friends:
    /\_/\
    (o . o)
    (0_0)

/\_/\_/\ _/\
    (o.(o . o).o)
    (0 (0__0) 0)

Utsusemi Bunnies!

EDIT: GD website keeps deleting extra spaces on me so the bunnies look lopsided -.-
    (0)
    Last edited by Mayoyama; 02-19-2013 at 07:50 PM.
    As I stand looking out from my mog house window, I reminisce about the old days and the many ups and downs of my adventures throughout Vana'diel.

It is then that I know achievement.

Player
    In order to help the OP understand how macros function when completed, here's an example of an ideal Boost macro in action (you may have to view the image separately and zoom in to fully experience it):

Sadly, I had no hand in the construction of this beautiful behemoth. It was just the best result that Google provided me.
    (1)

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    I feel like I just sat through two seasons of Dragonball Z...
    (0)
    Nothing in the above post is intended to disparage Square Enix or FINAL FANTASY XI, or to criticize Square Enix staff; such behavior would be a violation of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement. Any such violations of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement should be reported to Square Enix immediately, by using the "Report Post" icon in the bottom-left of forum posts.

No Moogles were harmed in the making in this post. Stars save the Sibyl!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast