Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: /yell Expansion

/yell Expansion

Greetings!

We have been continuing to examine the server stress ever since we implemented the /yell feature, and as a result we’ve determined that there is room to expand this feature a bit more.

While we will not be able to add this for every single area, we would like to explore ways to improve the convenience of this feature. That’s where you all come in! Which areas do you feel would benefit the most from this feature? Let us know and we will look into the options.
    (19)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Ovjang
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Whitegate and lesser cities (Tav, Rabao, Norg etc)
    (9)

Character
    Tilemon
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    every city, and town.
    (37)
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Akihiko_Matsui
    This goes the same for extremely difficult content. (Naturally it’s not easy since it’s extremely difficult…)
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    as long as you don’t have severely bad luck.

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tile View Post
    every city, and town.
    Every city and town at least, then maybe I dunno... Abyssea zones? There would be pros and cons as well, I'm a bit unsure on the implementation there, but have no bloody doubt about towns.
    (0)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Player
    Honestly, you should be able to hear yells from any of the major cities while you're in jeuno/windurst/sandoria/bastok. I know it was stated you have no plans to do this, but it'd be nice to be able to set my home point somewhere other then jeuno. To that extent, it would be nice if we had direct teleports from the main cities to Jeuno perhaps through Proto-Waypoints?

Edit: toss in Whitegate too, that's another great option for yells and proto-waypoints (though I understand that'd be harder to blend into the story)

Edit2: Maybe make it a special Linkpearl type thing you can get from a quest, if you have it you can hear yells in the major cities.
    (4)
    Last edited by Genoxd; 01-18-2013 at 05:08 AM.

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    All town areas, so that means:
    Bastok Markets
    Bastok Mines
    Port Bastok
    Windurst Waters
    Windurst Woods
    Windurst Walls
    Port Windurst
    North San d'Oria
    South San d'Oria
    Port San d'Oria
    Selbina
    Mhaura
    Kazham
    Rabao
    Norg
    Tavnazian Safehold
    Sealion's Den
    Whitegate
    Al Zahbi
    The Colosseum
    Nashmau
    Bastok Markets [S]
    Windurst Waters [S]
    South San d'Oria [S]
    Inside the Mog House

As for whether it'd be annoying, it's already possible to filter it so I don't see what the issue is.
    (23)

Character
    Smokenttp
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    dont forget the cities in audolin as well
    (0)

Character
    Ovjang
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokenttp View Post
    dont forget the cities in audolin as well
    They already said in a interview, that Adoulin and Jeuno will share the same chat channel .
    (3)

If I were to put things in a priority order, rather than just saying "everything":

Windurt: Woods
    San d'Oria: South
    Bastok: Markets

Each of those have an AH and some crafting shops, so players are likely to be there.

Whitegate. Shouldn't be high stress since so few people are there anymore, and is the primary city zone for TAU. People there for Nyzul/Salvage/etc is also handy, particularly if you're trying to fill that last spot and don't want to have to run all the way back to Jeuno to do shouts.

Windurst: Port
    San d'Oria: North
    Bastok: Port

Zones with outpost and Abyssea teleporters, and porter moogles (things that people are likely to want access to as they move about), plus more crafting shops.

Tavnazian Safehold. Similar to Whitegate.

Al Zahbi. Normally lower priority, however lots of people show up for Besieged. Since Besieged is something you can drop in and out of on a whim, being able to see other events going on would be nice. However I would understand if it would add too much stress when combined with the normal battle activity.

Windurst[S]
    San d'Oria[S]
    Bastok[S]

Strains lore credibility, but for mere functional game convenience these would still be nice. Not as many people there anymore, but still a fair number that are regularly running through.

Lower priority:

Kazham
    Selbina
    Mhaura
    Norg
    Nashmau

I really can't see a lot of value of having /yells there. Yes, it may be nice to be able to hear shouts there (and there's no problem with them being in the "why not?" category), but how many people have any reason to stay there for extended periods?
    (7)
    Last edited by Motenten; 01-18-2013 at 06:20 AM.

Character
    Leachpunk
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Add Yells to all cities and give us the option to have separate chat windows so we can then filter those different chat types!
    (2)

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast